Beware of Ouija boards! Scary experience...

Talk about anything in here.

Beware of Ouija boards! Scary experience...

Postby Heart of Sword » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:36 am

Mom was talking to me the other night about how dangerous ouija boards are and how kids like to play with them. (I know how dangerous they are, we were talking about kids becoming "familiar" with them.)

She told me that once, on Halloween night, she and a group of her friends decided to play with an ouija board in a house where someone had died in a fire. They were in the second story of the house. Mom said that the kid who was messing with the board started muttering and his eyes got really scary, then she looked up and saw a shadow with long hair pressed against the window. She said that the window got foggy and a faceprint was on the glass, but there was no way anybody could've gotten up there. She said that she walked around, looking at the "shadow", but it didn't move. Then the alarm clock started flickering and the numbers started changing. She and everyone else in the room screamed and ran out. Then the house caught on fire shortly after, but didn't burn down. It was an electrical fire. *cough*alarmclockflickering*cough*

Then she said that there was another time when she was in bed and all of a sudden, the blankets sucked around her really tightly and she couldn't move, as if something was on top of her, binding the blankets. She said that she started praying and the blankets relaxed.

So that's a warning from my mom...stay away from ouija boards, they aren't toys!
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:04 am

I can't stress enough how dangerous these things can be. My parents bought one for my older brother when I was a small child. It was one of the original boards that was made in Salem, MA. It would never work for anyone else except my mother. A few experiences we had with it:

1. One night while they were using it (again it would only work with my mother) we were in the living room and there was a knock on the window. We looked out and then went out to see who it was. Nobody was there. They asked the board who had knocked and the reply was, "The spirit of a dead begger."

2. While they were using it one time my mother's pet dog was lying next to her on the couch and she placed her hand on it to pet it. The indicator began to move and she only had one hand on it. It informed us that we were now communicating with the spirit of a family pet (german shepherd we once had) that had passed away years before.

3. Late one night the board indicated while being used that my mother and another were communicating with someone who was being held captive somewhere very dark and the individual was begging for help to be released.

The last time this board was used was when I was a teenager and my mother and I used it. She finally asked why the board would only work for her. It's reply was, "You are a witch." She burnt the board right after that.

Again, this device is sold as a game. However the fascination it draws to the occult is anything but fun.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Heart of Sword » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:08 am

Those things talk to their users? :eyebrow: That's just...wrong...

Money, get away

Union's been on strike

We will we will rock you

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

Heart of Sword

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:19 am

They're just.... scary *shudder* I hope I never get invited to a party where they play it... if I do I'm not sure what I'd do. Not play it, that's for sure.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Heart of Sword » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:20 am

If I got invited to a party like that, I'd start praying out loud. Haha. Bye-bye, demons. :P

Money, get away

Union's been on strike

We will we will rock you

Heart of Sword

Postby JediSonic » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:40 am

If I'm ever at a party where they do it I hope I recognize it before its too late as I dont think I've ever seen one :lol:

Those are some scary stories
JediSonic

Postby Debitt » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:08 am

I've heard some very frightening stories about ouiji boards, those things are scary. The last time I remember seeing one was in the toy section of a WalMart or a Target. >.< Those REALLY shouldn't be there.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Heart of Sword » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:13 am

From what I know, JediSonic, it's a board with this indicator-thingy on it. Don't play with boards at parties unless it's a game that you recognize.

Money, get away

Union's been on strike

We will we will rock you

Heart of Sword

Postby Gypsy » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:15 am

I very much agree. They are dangerous and should not be used no matter how innocent and fun the intent may be.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby FunkerVGirl » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:57 am

My sister who used to live in the house that I now live in used to have a Ouija board that she fooled around with. When she used to go out I would babysit her kids for her. When I'd babysit, it would usually be till late, like after 2AM. Every single time I slept up there something would happen. One time I was laying on the couch and everything was off and I heard my brother in law talking and coming up the steps, turns out that NO ONE WAS THERE!! I'm not dumb and I wasnt half asleep because i had just laid down. It kept bothering me, eventually I got up and rebuked it. It was gone immediately.

Some other time, I was laying down on my own couch, one apartment down from my sisters house. The way the couch is positioned, it's facing the door which leads to the steps that goes to my sisters house. I remember i was wide awake staring at the door because I couldnt sleep and all of a sudden my door started to shake loudly and the nob was turning. I was so scared, about ten seconds after the shock i screamed for my mother. My stepfather opened the door, everything was locked and closed. Just then, my niece(16) came down the steps and opened the door leading to the apartment and said, what was that?!?! Apparently she heard loud knocks while I heard and saw my door shaking.

I think when you invite things like that into your house, you invite demons right with it!
Image Elegant Christian Lolita :rock:
FunkerVGirl

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:59 am

There's not much to it in appearance JediSonic just a piece cardboard and an indicator thing.

You guys actually reminded me I still have an Ouija board in the closet. I haven't touched or thought about it since I was 9 or 10 but I'll dispose of it today. I have heard alot of scary stories, but I never experienced anything strange when I played it. The only thing I can remember about it is that it would always go to exactly what I was thinking. I mean no matter what word I was thinking it would go to that. I always though that was wierd, but I was too young to think much about it. Oh well I'm about to go dump the Ouija board now.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Heart of Sword » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:06 am

Gooooooood idea, Yojimbo. o_o

Money, get away

Union's been on strike

We will we will rock you

Heart of Sword

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:18 am

Well I just tried to dispose of it. I dumped it in the garbage can in the garage and my dad asked what the heck I threw away. I told him the Ouija board and that it could be used for evil purposes and stuff. Well he just said that it's only a game and what not and took it out.:eyeroll: Then said he was gonna sell it in our next garage sale. I didn't press the issue, because the next time he leaves I'll take it out in the back and blow torch it lol.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

Yojimbo

Postby Heart of Sword » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:21 am

Does he know that it's basically a telephone for speaking with demons...?

Money, get away

Union's been on strike

We will we will rock you

Heart of Sword

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:22 am

good idea, Yojimbo

Its almost as scary as the "stiff as a board" or the bloody mary thing. Luckily I've never been involved with either of those *shudder*
Kawaiikneko

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:23 am

Man, I'm shaking all over. That's so scary. I have no idea how people have the nerve to use ouiji boards. There's only a few things in the world that will get me seriously scared. And one of them is demons. Ack, I'm still flustered from reading those stories.

I do have a question though. I believe, and I think most of us here would agree, that there is a heaven or a hell. When you die, you have yourself a one way ticket for one of those two destination, ne? So, when Rev's mother was told by the board that she speaking with a spirit of someone who was dead-- how's that possible. I mean, I know it happened in the bible (Saul and the medium), but does anybody have any idea how this is possible?
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:27 am

Well I could try to explain it indepth to him but he's doing stuff right now and I already know what he's gonna say. Oh well he just told me he's about to leave so I'll burn it out in the firepit in the back. Lol then maybe I'll explain it to him after he see's it in ashes.

Yojimbo

Postby Heart of Sword » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:27 am

"stiff as a board" or the bloody mary thing.

Isn't the "Bloody Mary" thing about that demon that travels in mirrors and holds a big bloody cleaving knife? O_O

By the way Mangafanatic...I shook all over hearing Mom's stories, too...

Money, get away

Union's been on strike

We will we will rock you

Heart of Sword

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:29 am

When I was in Michigan 3 years ago one of my cousins told me about the bloody mary thing and it really freaked me out for the next 2 days. Isn't it like you go into a room with a mirror and say "Bloody Mary" however many times and you're cursed or something?

400 posts yay.

Yojimbo

Postby Heart of Sword » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:29 am

About literal "heaven and hell", I believe that ghosts are in "hell". I believe that at the end of the world, they will go to the "lake of fire". Either that or ghosts are really demons masquerading as ghosts...that is possible as they are shapeshifters.

The Bloody Mary thing is real...either that or a big lie. Someone was talking about how they did it and conjured a demon that held this big, bloody butcher knife and poised it over their head in the mirror.

By the way, go Yojimbo! :lol:

Money, get away

Union's been on strike

We will we will rock you

Heart of Sword

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:30 am

Has anyone here read the Forbidden Doors series. They're sorta smaller books, but they show extreme ways demons can act in real life. One of the instances in an ouiji board.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Heart of Sword » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:32 am

No, haven't heard of it...

Money, get away

Union's been on strike

We will we will rock you

Heart of Sword

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:32 am

Man, I bet that's scary. Are they fiction or real?
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:33 am

My dad's gone now time to get the gasoline and the matches.:thumb:

Yojimbo

Postby Heart of Sword » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:33 am

Yes, it would be bad to sell an ouija board at a yard sale so that kiddies can get their hands on it...worse than selling drugs in my opinion. Hope he's not *too* mad...

My mom just suggested buying the board from your dad, then burning it so you're not disobeying him.

Money, get away

Union's been on strike

We will we will rock you

Heart of Sword

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:34 am

fiction.

"ghosts" are demons pretending to be dead people, believe me. One minute, I'm gonna go find a verse
Kawaiikneko

Postby Heart of Sword » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:34 am

Yojimbo: I edited my last post.
My mom just suggested buying the board from your dad, then burning it so you're not disobeying him.

Money, get away

Union's been on strike

We will we will rock you

Heart of Sword

Postby FunkerVGirl » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:41 am

I LOVE FORBIDDEN DOORS! That series is awesome.

No such things as ghosts, there are only Demons. The bible doesnt say we linger around after death!
Image Elegant Christian Lolita :rock:
FunkerVGirl

Postby randomclassic » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:41 am

Heart of Sword wrote:Then she said that there was another time when she was in bed and all of a sudden, the blankets sucked around her really tightly and she couldn't move, as if something was on top of her, binding the blankets. She said that she started praying and the blankets relaxed.!

This has happened to me before, however, I have never in my life messed with a ouiji board.

I remember I was on a missions trip a couple of years ago, and I was talking to this girl about it, and she told me that it was demons. At the time I thought it was just my imagination trying to scare me. She told me I needed to rebuke the demons and send them back to where they came from, so I did, and it hasn't happened to me again.

It was really scary though because it felt like the bed was shaking and I couldn't talk, and it was pitch black.

On the ouiji boards issue, when I was a little younger (about 6th grade I think) I remember we were on the way home from Francis Frangipane's church and my mom was talking about them with a friend of hers. She was talink about how when she was little she and a couple of her friends messed with them and how they got really scared and tried to burn it by throwing it in a fireplace. But when they threw it in the fireplace, it wouldn't burn, and it screamed. It litterly screamed.

Needles to say I was completly turned off to them at that. Actually I have never wanted anything to do with stuff like that.

I've got so many storied on stuff like this with my friends and family. It's really scary. My friend Shalee (pronounced Sha-lay) has a brother who was into all that kind of stuff. It was really scary for her.

Oh yeah this is the church we were on the way home from.
'Oh look the water metled!' - The oh so smart one, Me. :shady:
randomclassic

Postby randomclassic » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:43 am

Heart of Sword wrote:Yojimbo: I edited my last post.

Actually I don't think you can burn them. Seeing as how they really are from hell (or at least the demons inside them)

My mom tried to when she was younger and it didn't work.

I hope I don't get in trouble for this post.
'Oh look the water metled!' - The oh so smart one, Me. :shady:
randomclassic

Next

Return to General