What non-anime tv show are you showing,

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Re: What non-anime tv show are you showing,

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:52 pm

Rose Faerie wrote:I'm enjoying Lost right now.

Sounds like you're pretty early into the series, but man, the characters in Lost are so good. Even when the series' myth arc wasn't delivering, the characters and how they played off of one another was great. Two of my favorites show up in season 2 - since I don't know how far you are, I won't spoil, but you'll know when you see them.
Davidizer13

Postby Rose Faerie » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:17 pm

Yeah, I'm still in season one, and there are a whole lot of characters to like. :)
Rose Faerie

Postby Furen » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:51 pm

Davidizer13 wrote:
Rose Faerie wrote:I'm enjoying Lost right now.

Sounds like you're pretty early into the series, but man, the characters in Lost are so good. Even when the series' myth arc wasn't delivering, the characters and how they played off of one another was great. Two of my favorites show up in season 2 - since I don't know how far you are, I won't spoil, but you'll know when you see them.

All I know about Lost is that my parents loved it, and so does almost everyone else I've ever met. I should give it a watch.

I'm trying to tackle all the CW DC Superhero shows right now though, and I'm behind. It's been fun binge watching them between semesters though.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Rose Faerie » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:05 pm

In addition to Lost, I am now watching Community, since my sister's been super into it lately. It is really funny, so I can see why. I am also awaiting a K-drama called Hotel Del Luna to arrive on Netflix, since it looks like something right up my ally. Unfortunately, Netflix is very elusive in my house, since our plan only allows one of us to use it at a time.
Rose Faerie

Postby Rose Faerie » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:55 pm

I'm also getting back in to Criminal Minds. I also remembered that I need to finish The Good Place and The Umbrella Academy. *Rethinks my decision to watch like 30 different shows at once and forget about half of them*
Rose Faerie

Postby Kaori » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:23 pm

So, I ran across a recommendation for Samurai Cat, a J-drama comedy about a samurai who adopts a cat. I watched the first 5 episodes, and I wanted to like this, but honestly it was just too cheesy and I was not enjoying it. YMMV.

Having said that, it's not like I can really recommend the show, since I didn't enjoy it myself, but if anyone thinks it sounds like something you might enjoy (even though I didn't), the first 20 episodes are free to watch on AsianCrush. For the record (for anyone who knows or is studying Japanese), there's just a little bit of old-fashioned Japanese thrown in for flavor; for the most part, the Japanese is very understandable and does not make any serious attempt to accurately portray the Japanese that would have been spoken in that historical era.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Previous

Return to General Entertainment