Project Mejika - We're back!

Projects or project ideas in the works

Project Mejika - We're back!

Postby Katrina » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:13 am

Overview: This is a project that began on CAA last year. Project Mejika is our attempt to create a Christian-themed anime. The story focuses on Corean, a girl who attends a futuristic school and discovers that some of her alien classmates believe in Christ.

After a summer hiatus, we are ready to begin the final part of our first episode. That is, we're animating it. ^_^ You can see the animated storyboard here:
http://mejika.originalcharacters.com/episodes.html

We could also use some help in the following areas:

Background Artists: Drawing the scenery and the props. (Basically stuff that doesn't move.) No experience with Flash is needed – you can draw using whatever program you like. The only stipulation is the drawings must be digital. (Traditional media, as lovely as it is, is going to look a bit awkward next to a Flash-drawn character.)

Animators: Animating the characters. We would like to eventually have enough animators so that each one can focus on single character. Experience with Flash is a must. (Not professional, but you should know the basics of the program.)

If you're interested in helping out, send an e-mail to: project.mejika@gmail.com with a link to some of your artwork.

Our short term goal is to finish episode 1, and while we are hopeful that anybody joining the project will be able to work on future episodes with us, we completely understand if you can only commit to working on one episode. For those who are interested in working more long-term on the project, the story is still very open and there's plenty of room for creative input.
Katrina

Postby Saint Kevin » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:22 pm

I'm still interested. I've also taken three voice acting classes since you've started this, and am taking another one coming up in September. In that same vein, I'm getting a snazzy new microphone, and plan on auditioning for paid voice work just as soon as I cut a demo.

Can't animate though. Sorry.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:53 am

Hmm.... do you need some help with animation? I work in Flash quite often.

I don't know much about the project yet, but I'm interested. I could help with proofing projects or animating/ combining elements in Flash, if that's what you'd use.

If you want to see some of my work, I've put some links below. Some are rough lines, others fully cleaned and coloured final work.

Go Away (short clip).
The Fastest (short clip)
Smile Therapy (short scene)
Patsu's Trouble - A final animation created for one of my classes. (longer clip)
Redemption Animation - still in fairly rough condition (longer clip).

Anyway, let me know if you need another animator on board.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:15 am

YA!!! CA! you could be a great help to this project! (at least I think so....) >_>

As for me, I might be able to finish storyboarding episode 2..but that is a big, "MIGHT." :/
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:14 pm

^^; Thanks so much, CK! Well, I hope so. I've done some animating in class and on my own so hopefully I can at least come up with some suggestions. ^^
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Katrina » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:49 pm

Saint Kevin - great to hear you're still with us! Hopefully we'll get some of the next episodes written soon so we can record them. Good luck with your audition!

CA - your animation is awesome! We would love to have you help out! (Sent you a PM.) ^_^
Katrina

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:37 am

Thanks, Katrina. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Return to New Projects and Ideas