KingdomCome webmanga

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby Sakura15 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:22 am

YAAY! im glad no one died....yet..lol. (though, I knew they didn't :P )

Yeahh! Roger and Sakura, if this year's schedule permits me, I will devise a short story to explain Gil and Mr. McCoy.

Awesome! but yeah, whenever you have time. If you don't then don't worry about it ^-^
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Rogie » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:57 pm

Mave wrote:Anyway, Chapter 5 begins and I'll spoil everyone by declaring that I haven't killed any major characters.....yet.

Don't tell me you're actually PLANNING on killing off characters?!?

Don't you make me sad, Mave. Don't you dare! ;)
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Sakura15 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:52 pm

Well, she killed off Francis dad lol.

But, that had a purpose! otherwise..he might not have been saved..

Although, I hope she doesn't kill off someone too important.
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby TallHobbit86 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:10 pm

sakura showed me HOME and KingdomCome two or three weeks ago. i liked them both a lot. great job, mave! yikes... someone's going to die in KingdomCome soon!?! hmm... this should prove interesting...
King Moonracer: Don't tell me I need a root canal. This is a secret message... XD
Hermey the Elf, D.D.S: You need a root canal. Secret Bumping Club Member #9
King Moonracer: I asked you not to tell me that. geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html
TallHobbit86

Postby mai » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:55 pm

I just started reading KC and I love it! Your character are very exspresive and of course I love the bishies <3
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby Mave » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:09 am

Thanks everyone!

Updates:
1) A few more pages, which I add every week on a regular basis
2) Added KCome to OnlineComics.net

As for killing characters off, I admit that I won't hesitate to do so if it serves a purpose. There isn't really a need for it right now so yeah, no one is gonna get killed at the moment. XD

Syreth and I are working on a mini "how-to-use" tutorial for manga pages for GIMP and Photoshop. Eh...if all goes well, we should have it up by this weekend.
Mave

End of Chapter 5

Postby Mave » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:03 pm

My head's a thumping and I think I'm falling sick but hey, at least, I got my tax returns done and Chapter 5 completed this weekend. Thank you to those who've encouraged me on a personal basis. :)

I wonder what readers think of the Doug/Linda connection. God help me pull these plot strings together.

Anyway, I'll take a nice 1 week break before moving forward to another chapter. I could really use the break to do other things I've been putting off and to be honest, I haven't storyboarded Chapter 6 yet. :sweat:

As for the *cough* PShop tutorial/sharing-of-how-I-create-manga-pages, I've taken the screenshots and mostly need to put the whole html page together.
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:38 pm

Let me see... now that the chapter is finished I feel as though I should offer some sort of commentary. Nothing that important leaps to mind.

Doug is acting like a jerk in this chapter, but I'll give him a break because he's hung over. The interaction in this scene isn't bad at all. As for the end of chapter revelation... eh. It's there. Please don't take that the wrong way, it's just that you asked for reader reactions and that is honestly mine. One thought: connections are good, but if everything is connected things begin to feel like a soap opera. Kingdom Come is far from there yet, but it came to mind.

Go ahead, take a break. You deserve it.
uc pseudonym

Postby Doubleshadow » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:59 pm

Mave-san updated! Happiness! I love the humor and the believability of the character dialogue, it doesn't seem forced as I so often see in other works. I hope you get recharged (as you seem worn out). Don't forget, taking a day off every seven days was God's idea in the first place. :)
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:17 pm

Looking good Mave! Keeps on getting better and better. As wel, I am finding I am enjoying Linda as a character more and more then I did in the previous edition.
Hitokiri

Postby teen4truth » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:17 pm

I don't think I have read the recent updates yet, but what I have seen of kingdome come, I love! You rawk my face clear off mave!
What's up? I'm an archaeologist, traveler, and Trekky.
I blog about my adventures as a traveler here:
http://unsettledvoyage.blogspot.com
I blog about my adventures as an alien hunting cowgirl in a parallel universe here:
http://alternatevoyage.blogspot.com
teen4truth

Postby Sakura15 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:36 am

Great job Mave :thumb: it's interesting that Doug knows about Linda's brother.

Keep up the good work! ^^
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Mave » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:53 am

Thanks! I feel pretty good taking a break this week. I'll also watch out for symptoms of a soap opera. ;)
Mave

Postby Mave » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:50 am

Sorry for the bump but Chapter 6 begins with a rough spot.

My pens were not cooperating at all (ink properly, darn it!) and I can't help feeling for poor Linda.
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:32 pm

It doesn't count as bumping when you announce an update. In any case, I hope your time off did you good and I'm glad to see this being updated again.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:21 am

Looks like I neglected a previous update before I had a week delay.

3 new pages added. Once again, due to my spontaneous style of writing, I find myself going onto an unexpected direction. Despite different opinions on this outcome, let's just hope God's guiding me.
Mave

Postby Sakura15 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:56 am

Awesome job as always :thumb:
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:59 am

I liked this set of pages, especially Doug's dialogue on page 6. What he says is sadly true, and I think it demonstrates by insinuation part of how he moved away from Christianity.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:41 am

Chap 6: Pages 7-9 added

Comments noted and appreciated. I was debating whether to include what Doug had said. Part of me was afraid that I might seem like I'm mindlessly criticizing christians (you traitor!) but another part of me also wanted to honestly speak out what I've seen others do and have been guilty of.
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:37 pm

I think keeping it was a good choice. It and the dialogue resulting from it have had a very authentic feel that I strongly approve of. As for the ending of this update... I sense plot complication coming on.
uc pseudonym

Postby Syreth » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:20 am

IMO, keeping it was a good choice. It doesn't seem like you're criticizing Christians at all to me. I'm assuming you're just trying to inspire some self-reflection in your readers through this example. It's an attitude that we should all be careful not to develop. Great job!
Syreth

Postby Sakura15 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:15 pm

Mave wrote:Chap 6: Pages 7-9 added

Comments noted and appreciated. I was debating whether to include what Doug had said. Part of me was afraid that I might seem like I'm mindlessly criticizing christians (you traitor!) but another part of me also wanted to honestly speak out what I've seen others do and have been guilty of.

I thought it was good that you put it in there.

Why do I get the feeling that Paul and Abel are about to beg to use that apartment for something loud...? Starting their own little Christian band? or just for louder gatherings? am I right? am I right?

LOL! thats exactly what I was thinking :lol: guess we'll find out.

Edit: Just saw the new page, hehe well I wasnt expecting that! but cool! ^^ good job with surprsing me Mave hehe. I wonder how Doug will reply.
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:31 am

I sense perhaps some more character development for Linda, Abel, and Paul in the near future. Sounds good - I think they could use it. Abel in particular interests me. He's been shown as the quiet one, but the quiet ones have a way of surprising you.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:43 pm

Meta-logic would indicate that he'll agree. I saw them asking about the Bible study before it happened, though I'm not sure exactly why that was the conclusion to which I jumped.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:13 pm

Wah? I didn't even post the update here.....you rascals. XD;

I enjoy hearing everyone's predictions. Isn't it nice to have your speculations hit the mark every now and then? :) It's not like I prefer being predictable but neither am I a huge fan of impossibly complicated plots or relationships.

I used to write this series on a chapter by chapter basis but my time has been running so low I've had no choice to write on a page by page basis. This means that I haven't planned anything for the next chapter. In a way, I'm in the same boat with you guys, wondering what's next. (<.<;; )

If character development is what some of you are interested, I'll be happy to comply. This series will most likely go longer than I anticipated, which isn't such a bad thing (except that it holds back other projects). At this point, Abel's the most laidback and angst-free character, which probably lend its hand to his quiet ways. While this series isn't intended to be angst-filled, I predict that Gil, Doug and Linda require more time than others to explain their personalities.
Mave

Postby Mave » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:23 pm

You're most welcomed. Such words of encouragement will keep me going. :)
Mave

Postby Gypsy » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:43 am

[quote="Mave"]
I used to write this series on a chapter by chapter basis but my time has been running so low I've had no choice to write on a page by page basis. This means that I haven't planned anything for the next chapter. In a way, I'm in the same boat with you guys, wondering what's next. (<.<]

Sometimes that's a fun place to be in, I think. You feel like you have to rely more on the personalities that you've given your characters rather than the set plan you'd like them to follow. It's a new CAA reality show: KingdomCome - Mave unscripted.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Mave » Mon May 01, 2006 7:30 pm

Gypsy wrote:Sometimes that's a fun place to be in, I think. You feel like you have to rely more on the personalities that you've given your characters rather than the set plan you'd like them to follow. It's a new CAA reality show: KingdomCome - Mave unscripted.

Yes, I do feel like I have to rely on my characters who are running the show like a bunch of kids running around on sugar high. Let's just hope it doesn't end up as a bad reality show entitled, "Honey, We're Killing the Plot." XD;

Btw, 3 pages added. Updates are going to lag a little, I predict. Pls blame my university for making me write some long-due research papers.
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue May 02, 2006 1:52 pm

I liked the POV lists on the last of those pages. It seems things are progressing normally.

[quote="Mave"]Let's just hope it doesn't end up as a bad reality show entitled, "Honey, We're Killing the Plot." XD]
Well, strong characters can generate good plot. Though I think I'll always advocate planning. In any case, here is something that may or may not be helpful: I do most of my planning in my head, not on paper. That is, I don't outline events in excruciating detail, but rather I plan out a general direction and tweak it mentally. The strength of this method is that it can be done while driving, walking, listening to boring lectures, etc.
uc pseudonym

Postby Sakura15 » Tue May 02, 2006 4:03 pm

The POV lists were great :thumb: nice touch.
I knew Doug would be ticked about Paul grabbing his hand hahahahha! :lol:
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Previous Next