March 8, 2006

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

March 8, 2006

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:02 pm

His Heirs By Grace

"So that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life."
Titus 3:7

Watchman Nee tells about a new convert who came in deep distress to see him. "No matter how much I pray, no matter how hard I try, I simply cannot seem to be faithful to my Lord. I think I'm losing my salvation." Nee said, "Do you see this dog here? He is my dog. He is house-trained; he never makes a mess; he is obedient; he is a pure delight to me. Out in the kitchen I have a son, a baby son. He makes a mess, he throws his food around, he fouls his clothes, he is a total mess. But who is going to inherit my kingdom? Not my dog; my son is my heir. You are Jesus Christ's heir because it is for you that He died." We are Christ's heirs, not through our perfection but by means of His grace

Prayer: Thank God for His Grace and Mercy so evident in comparison to our sinfulness.

"There is nothing we can do to make God love us more, there is nothing we can do to make God love us less."
~Philip Yancey
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings