March 6, 2006

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

March 6, 2006

Postby Rev. Doc » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:31 pm

Wholly Consecrated

"To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ-their Lord and ours."
I Corinthians 1:2

It was in 1873, in Dublin that D.L. Moody heard British evangelist Henry Varley utter those life changing words: "The world has yet to see what God can do with and for and through and in a man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him." It was after an all-night prayer meeting in Dublin, at the home of Henry Bewley. Varley did not even remember making the statement when Moody reminded him of it a year later. "As I crossed the wide Atlantic," Moody said, "the boards of the deck...were engraved with them, and when I reached Chicago, the very paving stones seemed marked with them."

The result: Moody decided he was involved in too many ministries to be effective and therefore began to concentrate on evangelism.

Prayer: Ask God to help you be reserved for His service.

"Jesus Christ is not valued at all until He is valued above all."
~Augustine.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Zilch » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:46 pm

Funny how you should post that verse, seeing as my hometown's a Corinth. This is something I strive to keep a hold on, because giving yourself wholly to God isn't easy. And it's as scary as heck...
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Return to Devotional Readings