What series would you like another season/ reboot of?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

What series would you like another season/ reboot of?

Postby Rose Faerie » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:34 am

I just figured I'd take the reboot thread and expand it so that it could include other seasons, because I know some shows in order to have another season a reboot would be necessary.

I personally want Kamisama Kiss season 3, just because so much was left unresolved and we need more completed shoujo adaptations.

Noragami also needs a season 3, but, from what I've heard, they're scared to green light it, due to the amount of time that's passed since season 2. Hopefully, they overcome their fears and give it a shot.

Yona of the Dawn should have a season 2, since the manga is already pretty long they'll have lots of material to adapt. It's also a very popular shoujo series, and it has a lot of cross appeal. I don't see any reason that a second season wouldn't do well.

So what series do you think should have a reboot or a second season?
Rose Faerie

Re: What series would you like another season/ reboot of?

Postby Kaori » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:21 pm

The only series that really come to mind at the moment for me are these two:

1. 12 Kingdoms. This is an anime based on a novel series, and it left off on a huge cliffhanger for one of the characters, so if you only watch the anime, basically, you never know what happens to him. I don't even know for sure whether the novels resolve that or not (since I'm only on volume 3), but I'm fairly sure that not all of the content got included in the anime.

2. Basara (i.e., the political epic shojo manga Basara: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basara_(manga)). This 27-volume epic got a 13-episode anime adaptation, which certainly didn't cover everything and wasn't very good anyways. Definitely would love to see a reboot . . . I have huge doubts about the likelihood about that, since the manga ended in 1998, but on the other hand, it got some stage play adaptations in 2012, so you never know.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Peanut » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:53 pm

Hello, by posting this thread you have activated the "Obligatory I wish there was another season of the Giant Robo OVA" bot that Peanut definitely programmed with the permission of goldenspines. Do not worry, this bot is not plotting to replace you or any other organics who occupy this site. Did you know that we have the names for what the other season's of the Giant Robo OVA would have been called? The first season was called "The Day the Earth Stood Still" which is an excellent title but we also got dropped titles such as "The Birth of Zangetsu the Midday, The Plan to Assassinate Daisaku - the Canary Penitentiary, The Boy of Three Days, The Greatest Battle in History - General Kanshin vs. Shokatsu Koumei and The Boy Detective, Kindaichi Shōtarō, Appears!" Don't you want to see a season of an OVA that's best described as Opera meets mechs meets Dragon Ball Z with the name The Greatest Battle in History- General Kanshin vs Shokatsu Koumei? I sure would. Anyway this concludes my programmed message and I hope all you organics have a great day!

(But seriously I want more Giant Robo)
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Davidizer13 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:18 am

Peanut wrote:(But seriously I want more Giant Robo)

The Big O is as close as you're probably going to get, if you haven't watched it. unless you count the Ginrei Specials and GR

...Speaking of which! Big O needs another season, while we're at it. Having a cliffhanger finale that raised more questions than it answered will do that to a show.
Davidizer13

Postby Rose Faerie » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:44 am

I do think if Twelve Kingdoms is unfinished, it deserves a reboot. I haven't finished it yet, but I love it. It deserves to be finished.

I did finish Kobato, and now I want a faithful adaptation of the manga. Have I read the manga? No. But I want one anyway. I want to see Kobato as it was meant to be told. I want to know more about Ioryogi! We need answers! Since Tokyo Babylon was getting adapted, there's still a shot for this to happen. Hopefully.

I also remembered that I want Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun to have a second season. I'd be really happy if that happened.
Rose Faerie

Postby Mouse2010 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:56 pm

Haven't been on this board in years, but something made me think of it, so I popped in. And found this thread, where someone was talking about a couple of my favorite anime!

I too would love another season of Noragami or Kamisami Kiss. Both were great shows that deserve more episodes. For while I was reading the Noragami manga just to see what happened next, but I kind of took a break and haven't gotten back in.

I'd also still like to see a season 2 of Gun X Sword, even though that's never going to happen after 15 or 16 years! That was a series that wrapped up the main plot very nicely, but left some character relationships hanging.
Mouse2010

Postby shooraijin » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:36 pm

Welcome back.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:21 pm

Since we're talking about CLAMP, I'm gonna harp on about the best story in anime/manga history. Since Cardcaptor Sakura and Tokyo Babylon reboots are a thing, I think it's high time someone took the initiative to reboot an anime that was apparently so bad the CLAMP authors disowned it. While I personally loved the Tsubasa Chronicle anime (with all its flaws), I would still be ecstatic to see a reboot. Specifically, I hope they do an FMA:B on it and do it true to the manga, start to finish. Then again, it would need to have a Yuki Kajiura soundtrack, and it looks like she hasn't done anything since 2011? But seriously, think what you will of the anime, the story of Tsubasa is so underappreciated and I really wish it would get some love.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Kaori » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:41 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Then again, it would need to have a Yuki Kajiura soundtrack, and it looks like she hasn't done anything since 2011?

Rejoice! She is definitely still quite active, just scroll through that 作品 list.

. . . Well, the main point is the Tsubasa Chronicle anime reboot, but at least, hypothetically if there were one, there's no need to worry that Yuki Kajiura's unavailability would hinder it. ;)
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:43 pm

You just made my day! So glad to be wrong. But yeah, I'm not too hopeful about a Tsubasa remake, but if it happened I'd be devastated if she didn't do the soundtrack.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Rose Faerie » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:38 pm

Well, I am disappointed that My Little Monster and Snow White with the Red Hair don't have complete adaptions. I guess I should start making a list of this sort of thing.
Rose Faerie

Postby Rose Faerie » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:57 pm

I'm back to spamming this thread, and I want a Pandora Hearts reboot. I watched the anime, loved it, and now want more. I'll have to invest in the manga eventually. At least The Case Study of Vanitas did well, so there is a chance, especially with the trend of rebooting older series.
Rose Faerie

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews