Favorite anime heroine

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby AngelicTotoro » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:46 pm

My fav anime ladies in no particular order...

Tohru - Fruits Basket.
I really love her, I guess I can say that Tohru is my top favorite. She actually encourged me to strive to be a better christian and to be more forgiving of others. Plus, I find her to be quite beautiful and I really love her english voice, Laura Bailey does an outstanding job.

Iku Kasahara - Toshokan Sensou (That's Library Wars to you who don't know.)
Iku is great, no, wait; fantastic. I love her, because I can really relate to her. She says and does alot of things I would do, and things I actually do. (Minus fighting in the military and having a 'prince'. ;^^)

Ahiru (Or 'Duck') - Princess Tutu
I haven't finished this series yet, but I absolutley love Ahiru. She's so sweet and cute and... she's like a little duck! (DUH) She reminds me of my little sister when she was small too, so whenever I see Ahiru it's like I see my sister. ;)

Princess San - Princess Mononoke
San is so brave, noble, and protective of her loved ones, also I think it's super cute how she feeds Ashitaka and then becomes all protective of him. (You'd have to have seen the movie to know what I'm talking about.)
Even if she acts a little bit like a wolf, you can tell she's a princess. ^^

Misao - Rurouni Kenshin
She's so tiny yet crazy confident, plus Misao is one of the few anime girls whose fangurling over a guy I don't hate.
(I actually think it's sweet how fiercely loyal she is to him. =3) And I like her nickname.

Sheeta - Laputa: Castle in The Sky
I can't believe no one has mentioned her yet, Sheeta is pretty, kind, thoughtful and brave.
[spoiler]She didn't flinch when her crazy cousin shot off her pigtails, one at a time, she just stood there, staring him down.[/spoiler] She really went up in my character rankings after she sacrificed her friendship with Pazu to save him, even if it meant he hated her.
(I looooove Sheeta.)

Ran - Detective Conan
First of all, she knows karate, that alone is awesome. But then, you have to add the fact that Ran is actually a very likeable, real character. Ran is brave, loyal, beautiful, loves her father a lot (I'd have a hard time loving Kogoro since he's such a lazy, selfish bum) and... she cries, yes. Yes I do like that part of her character. Seriously, if your boyfriend just up and disappeared one night, and won't tell you where he is or what was wrong; you'd cry sometimes too. :o

Balsa - Seirei no Moribito
I like her for the same reason everyone else does, she's wise, has motherly side, she kicks some serious butt, she actually is a very deep character and....
I think she's rather pretty. :)

(I know there are more then these, but I've got to head out of the house, so I'll add the rest laters~)
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
AngelicTotoro

Postby aliveinHim » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:18 pm

1.) Yoko Littner (boy can that girl kick butt but please wear more clothes)-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
2.) Rukia Kuchiki-Bleach
3.) Haruhi Fujioka-Ouran Highschool Host Club
4.) Tohru Honda-Fruits Basket
5.) Kaname Chidori-Full Metal Panic!
6.) Hinata Hyuuga-Naruto
7.) Kagome Higurashi-InuYasha

I have way more I can't think of. Topaz, when I saw Spirited Away with my facebook family, my facebook mommy said that Chihiro was a whiner and a brat. She laughed at her the whole time.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby TopazRaven » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:31 pm

Well er, that's her opinion then I guess....0.o
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Yamamaya » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:01 pm

No one has mentioned Holo from Spice and Wolf.

What is this I don't even.
Yamamaya

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:07 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1505253) wrote:No one has mentioned Holo from Spice and Wolf.

What is this I don't even.

I almost did, but then I remembered that while she was a good, strong heroine, I just didn't like her a whole lot. XD

...*wonders about her sig* >.>
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Atria35 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:11 pm

aliveinHim (post: 1505229) wrote:I have way more I can't think of. Topaz, when I saw Spirited Away with my facebook family, my facebook mommy said that Chihiro was a whiner and a brat. She laughed at her the whole time.

Actually, I thought she was, too- but she was really only that way for the beginning of the movie. After the first 30 minutes or so she 'manned up', so to speak, and didn't whine or act bratty at all.
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:57 pm

yeah, I liked Chihiro's character development. But my favorite Miyazaki heroine will always be Nausicaa. I just rewatched that movie on Saturday and I still think she's great!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nanao » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Riza Hawkeye - FMA. She's my favourite anime character ^_^;
Victorique - Gosick
Chihiro - Spirited Away
Retsu Unohana - Bleach. I know there really isn't much of her, but she reminds me of my sister, the whole totally scary healer mother type.
[color="RoyalBlue"]My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth.[/color] Psalm 121:2
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Nanao

Postby rocklobster » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:55 pm

Retsu is the 4th squad captain, right? I like her too.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lilac#18 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:07 pm

Selenite (post: 1505164) wrote:[color="Plum"]1.Hinata - Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
2.Ellen/Cure Beat - Suite PreCure
3.Usagi/Sailor Moon - Sailor Moon
4.Android #18 - Dragon Ball Z
5.Videl - Dragon Ball Z
6.Sakura - Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
7.Yuri/Cure Moonlight - HeartCatch PreCure
8.Miaka - Fushigi Yugi
9.Ino - Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
10.Ayeka - Tenchi Muyo/Universe
11.Pan - Dragon Ball GT
12.Sasami/Pretty Sammy - Tenchi Muyo/Universe and Magical Girl Pretty Sammy
13.Hotaru/Sailor Saturn - Sailor Moon
[/color]

[color="Plum"]I forgot to put Ichigo/Mew Ichigo.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:19 am

I forgot to add Soifon from Bleach. Soifon is one of the awesomest characters EVER!
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:18 am

Obligatory Saber post.

aliveinHim (post: 1506318) wrote:I forgot to add Soifon from Bleach. Soifon is one of the awesomest characters EVER!

Umm, Soifon wasn't that good. She a cold, mean spirited character. The only thing she ever did that stood out for me was beat up her moronic Vice Captain.
Yamamaya

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:01 pm

In regards to the first post, I don't think Western animation always portrays female characters as a damsels in distress. I mean, there are those that do, but not all. After all, look at Kim Possible! :) Plus, anime does have a lot of unappealing female characters in it... Most of them are very annoying and stereotypically girly, super hardcore thugs, or are given Misty (Pokemon)-like characterization. That whole "I have a heart, but I also have a huge chip on my shoulder" sort of attitude.

But, I have to agree that there are some good heroines in anime.

Sakura Kinomoto from CCS is a good one, because she's so sweet, cute, and innocent. Very realistically portrayed for somebody her age, too.

I like Amu from Shugo Chara! too. I felt like her character is actually pretty deep for an anime created for the same age-level as CCS.

As many have stated, Tohru Honda is a really good heroine. She's very strong emotionally, and is really able to bring out the best in people. However, I do prefer her in the manga, because her character (and everybody elses' characters, to be honest) is much deeper there and more developed. In the anime, her constant happiness made her seem Mary Sue-ish.

Lastly, the Sailor Senshi. Some are better than others, in my opinion. Usagi was probably among my least favorite, just because of her always-whiny attitude... But by the end, I really saw a change in her. I grew to like her character by the end of the Stars season, because I felt like she'd finally matured into a well-rounded young woman who would give anything to use her powers for the good of others.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby 3dpenguin » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:28 pm

Leona Ozaki, from Dominion Tank Police

3dpenguin

Re: Favorite anime heroine

Postby Rose Faerie » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:35 am

This is in no particular order, and yes I know that some of them aren't the heroines of the stories they're in. I don't care. Some of them I like because they're admirable, others I like because they're flawed, and some I like just because they're hilarious. Many of them I see a piece of myself in, though some of them are who I want to be. Yes, I am aware this is a long list.

1. Sophie (Howl's Moving Castle)
2. Bishamon (Noragami)
3. Shinobu Kocho (Demon Slayer)
4. Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket)
5. Kisa Sohma (Fruits Basket)
6. Saber (Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Bladeworks)
7. Riza Hawkeye (Fullmetal Alchemist)
8. Lan Fan (Fullmetal Alchemist)
9. Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service)
10. Nene Yashiro (Toilet Bound Hanako-kun)
11. Emma (The Promised Neverland)
12. Yona (Yona of the Dawn)
13. Yuu Kashima (Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun)
14. Chiyo Sakura (Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun)
15. Momo Yaoyorozu (My Hero Academia)
16. Nausicäa (Nausicäa and the Valley of the Wind)
17. Bisky (Hunter x Hunter)
18. Minako Aino (Sailor Moon)
Rose Faerie

Postby Kaori » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:31 pm

Nice topic. ^_^

I'll second these:

Sophie (Howl's Moving Castle)
Riza Hawkeye (Fullmetal Alchemist)

And add some other female heroes (or team members) I've enjoyed from the past until now, not in particular order:

1. Integra (Hellsing)
2. Youko (12 Kingdoms) (but not at first!--more for the incredible growth she goes through and the stronger person she becomes in the end)
3. Izumi-sensei (Full Metal Alchemist) (LOVE her!)
4. Winry (FMA)
5. Sango (Inuyasha)
6. Rei (Evangelion)
7. Celty (Durarara!!)
8. Izumi Noa (Patlabor)
9. Nagumo Shinobu (Patlabor)
10. Kanuka Clancy (Patlabor)
11. Kumagami Takeo (Patlabor)

Basically the entire female crew of Patlabor. I think all these women are awesome, competent and kick-butt while also not sacrificing any of their femininity whatsoever, and each of them very feminine her own way distinct from the others.

Also some characters from Gunslinger Girl (especially Triela and Claes) and Haibane Renmei (especially Reki and Rakka).

Finally, if I can expand the topic a little and add manga, I would *definitely* include Kishima (Tenken) as one of my favorite female manga characters of all time.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby shooraijin » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:56 am

Finally, if I can expand the topic a little

Oh, why not! :)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:36 pm

Possibly Sakura from RIN-NE. She's just, so...stable. I almost caught myself thinking she was too one dimensional at the beginning, but she's actually just not bound to the fate of stereotypical heroines who fall into the categories of 1. spastic fairy princess or 2. commando rebel who wishes she was a boy.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews