Any Hunter x Hunter fans?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Any Hunter x Hunter fans?

Postby Miyaya » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:07 am

^^^^
Miyaya

Re: Any Hunter x Hunter fans?

Postby MikaDD » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:20 pm

I heard of Hunter x Hunter before, but what exactly is it about?
MikaDD

Postby Miyaya » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:29 pm

MikaDD wrote:I heard of Hunter x Hunter before, but what exactly is it about?

It's kinda similar to Naruto lol. The idea is that these people want to become professional hunters for their own reasons, but uh... it goes way deeper.
Miyaya

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat May 01, 2021 1:10 am

Yes! It's actually been awhile since I saw it, and life happened before I got a chance to finish it, but I loved what I saw. Kurapika is the best and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. Okay, I won't... But I will silently judge.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Miyaya » Wed May 26, 2021 6:02 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Yes! It's actually been awhile since I saw it, and life happened before I got a chance to finish it, but I loved what I saw. Kurapika is the best and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. Okay, I won't... But I will silently judge.

Kurapika is my son
Miyaya

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:11 am

I approve.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Rose Faerie » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:45 pm

Ooh! I just got into Hunter x Hunter, and I really like it so far. And yes, Kurapika is my favorite, too! It's interesting to see all of the characters mindsets and how they were affected by their pasts and whatnot.
Rose Faerie

Postby Rose Faerie » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:01 pm

I started the chimera ant arc, and things are pretty crazy. Honestly, it feels like a completely different show than before if that makes any sense. I hope the chimera ants don't completely upstage the Phantom Troupe, because they were really great villains. (I particularly like Machi, Nobunaga, and that one blonde guy with the darts.) I also have some random theory that Feitran is the fifth Zoldyck sibling, since he did the same karate chop thing Killua does, and that was an assassin technique. (I'm pretty sure they said there were five of them, and we only met four of them.)

Also every time I try to ship something in this show, they die. I'll be like, aww! They'd be cute together and then bam. Death. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'm particularly thinking of Poke and Panzu. They did not deserve those brutal deaths.

Bisky's really awesome too. I love her. I also want to see more of Kurapika. I haven't seen him in a while. I wonder how his career's going.
Rose Faerie

Postby Rose Faerie » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:23 pm

I also have to say that the Chimera Ant Queen has the worst taste in names. Neferpitou is the only full name I can remember, probably because it's the shortest. I don't know even know to spell any of them.

Also, Neferpitou is a psychopath and generally disturbing. I really don't like him. I also thought he was a girl until just now.

And to continue the weird name rant, it bothers me that one of Kite's students is named Banana. Her parents were just like, "Hmm... what should we name our child? How about Banana! That sounds nice!"
Rose Faerie

Postby Rose Faerie » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:32 pm

I just realized that the oldest Kalluto could be is ten. And he (I'm pretty sure Milluki said Kalluto was his brother) is a member of the Phantom Troupe. The Phantom Troupe just let a small child join them. I guess that shows how terrible the Zoldyck parents are. Honestly, I pity all of the children.
Rose Faerie

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews