Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Theories and Predictions

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Postby Arnobius » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:07 pm

piloswine wrote:I completely agree with that statement Heretic. The reason I suspect Hagrid is because I think he may be the Half Blood prince. If that is the case he might have to die for some reason important enough to name the book after him.

This is simply my speculation.

Not an unreasonable speculation. They have made a big point about Hagrid being half giant, and he hasn't been very useful lately.

In Pheonix, he was my number one suspect for who would be killed (the one who actually was, was my #2 choice).

I'm a bit cynical after Pheonix, but I hope JK does a good job with this one.
Arnobius

Book shipping

Postby Arnobius » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:12 pm

Well, got a "Ready to ship" e-mail from B&N.com. Of course that means it WON'T be getting here on release date. Oh well. But I won't have to deal with the mobs in the stores either
Arnobius

Postby Kireihana » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:45 pm

Eeee!!! Only two days to go!!!! *excited*

I can already see the book-possession battles (between siblings AND parents) that are to come... I'll probably only get it in the post-12 a.m. hours XD
Kireihana

Postby Arnobius » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:00 am

Did this tracking scan this morning on the package. Looks like it should arrive today... Early bwa ha ha

Of course I have to work, so I probably won't see it until I get home... no time to sell it before the general release...

:sniffle: ;)
Arnobius

Postby termyt » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:33 am

I just read an article online about a boy in New York who purchased a copy of the book early. Apparently a store mistakenly put the book out on the shelf.

The real kick is, the kid and his family realized the mistake and returned the book!

I assume he’ll buy it again on Saturday (unless he returned it because it wasn’t very good), but what if they sell out before he can get one? He’ll really kick himself then.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:54 pm

The madness ends at midnight tonight! :)
Note:If you bet money on Dumbledore biting it in this one you will only
earn $6 if it's true on your bet.However if you bet Harry bites the big one
you will make a small fortune if you're right since Harry is 16-1 odds while
Dumbledore is only 5-1.
mitsuki lover

Postby Kireihana » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:29 pm

Grrr... my dad was supposed to call Books-A-Million back and confirm our order... but he didn't! So we're gonna have to buy it in-store... if they have any left. -_-
Kireihana

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:19 pm

o.o I wish it was tomorrow! I'm not going to the midnight thing though. *prepares to wrestle my parents into taking me the minute b&n opens tomorrow*
Kawaiikneko

Postby Arnobius » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:32 pm

UPS screwed it up... won't be here till monday :sniffle:
Arnobius

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:14 pm

ouch... AHHH I'm so excited~ I'm staying up extra late so I can wake up at 10:00 so I don't have to wait extra hours until the book store opens.

I hope Harry gets over his stupid hating of Snape... gee there were alot of things Harry did in OotP that made me want to strangle him.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Scribs » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:18 am

The day is here... I have a cast party to go to for a recent show I was in so I have to wait till I am done with that, but then I shall go to Borders, pick up my reserved copy, and Read! Bla ha ha ha.

Piloswine's Last minute Predictions!

1. Who will die?
Hagrid

2. What couple will emerge?
Harry and Luna

3.Who is the Half Blood Prince?
Hagrid

4. Describe Harry's temperment?
Not as pathetic as in the last book, but still rahter annoying.

5 Who will be the new defence against the dark arts teacher?
Tonks

If everyone predicts these three answers we can see who gets the most right. That could be fun. Predict the answers
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:26 pm

It's out now.HPATH-BP has probably been one of the best kept secrets in the world.
However since most people predicted that Dumbledore dies it might not have been that well kept of a secret if it turns out that that's what happens.
mitsuki lover

Postby Arnobius » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:47 pm

Well, my copy came today... suprising since UPS doesn't normall operate on Saturday
Arnobius

Postby Scribs » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:38 pm

Well, I finished it.

Yes, I finished the book. Just a few minutes ago actually. I was on vacation all this weekend, and for waqnt of anything else to do I read the book. My days of theorising about it are gone. I know what happens at the end, and belive me, its not what I saw coming.

I think it is much better than the last, and ties book two in with the cycle a little better. I will refrain from saying more, for the benefit of those who have not already read it.

Have fun with it all you people who have not yet read it.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Ren_sama » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:08 pm

I am...on page 352...it's gotten a bit draggy at the moment...*yawn*...must read through this part first to get to the good part. ^o^
Ren_sama

Previous

Return to Book Corner