Eragon Rocks I Win You Lose!!!!!

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Postby Wind » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:27 am

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:He wasn't just inspired by them, he got as close to plagarising them as is legally possible. Nothing new is under the sun, it's true. But these books just smack of lazyiness (in story ideas). I've read several interviews where he reads across the genres, a broad scope of books. Why didn't he use ideas from all of them then, and make them his own?
There's a huge difference between being inspired by something a plagarising something.
You say your writing a story 'loosely' based on Lord of the Rings? Good for you. Paoloni didn't write loosely. The only inspired parts of his book were Angela, Roran, the cursed girl and the R'zac (they were cool I admit) but even they paralleled the Ringwraiths to a dime.
Ohhh... I understand your point of view better now

I understand what you mean by using Ideas from alot of different places I got my ideas from several different inspirations

my first inspiration was LOTR of course but then i branched out from there part of my inpsiration for the dragons in my story comes from a anne macaffrey book I read and then I added Ideas of my own to it most of the races in my book were inspired from various video games and fantasy novels Also if I did feel I copied someone's Idea I would give credit where credit is due

but I still don't understand what makes everyone think they are plagarized
Althought I do admit the similarities between Ringwraith and the R'zac
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Mushishi » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:13 am

My biggest problem wasn't the story, just as I've said...his continuous rants on secularism out of bloody nowhere.

The first instance, I think, is at Yazuac when he asks what sort of Gods could have done or let such horror. (Paolini making it clear that he thinks a God cannot exist because of the existence of evil)

The Second instance is where Eragon realizes, when training in Du Weldenvarden, that all of the religious rites, rituals, and beliefs his villagers and the dwarfs have are all actually "scientific" occurences. He can now see there is "no such thing as a miracle." I'm not quoting; the quotes are to say how ridiculous I think it is.

And then the third biggest is the one I've just listed. Sigh.

It's an O.K. story. Just not a story that rivals Tolkein like some praise it to be.
God creates out of nothing. Wonderful, you say. Yes, to be sure, but he does what is still more wonderful: he makes saints out of sinners.

-Soren Kierkegaard

Yoiyasa! Yoiyasa! Yoiyasa! Yoiyasa!

Haaa

umi no otoko nya you

Oki no kamome mo yoritsukano

oka no kakaa ga nakou to mo

dare ga toru yara ichiban mori

haa Danchone! Danchone!

haa tairyou da tairyou da!

In episode 11, first season of School Rumble, Harima reads Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky. SUGOOOIIII!!!!!!!!

At least listen to the music.
Mushishi

Postby emoninja » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:34 pm

the book really didn't catch my interest that much. But since I work at the movies I know that the movie does come out in a few months.. unless it gets moved. oh yeah and I'm also a homeschooler ;)
emoninja

Postby Hinata » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:49 pm

Oh yes. These are my favorite books! I am also homeschooled and hope to beat him in publishing a book at 15 or 16. :D My favorite charactars are Saphira, Brom, Eragon and Murtagh.
Oh and the movie is coming out on the 15th of december this year. Check out the trailer at shurtual. I know this is wierd but I am taking my book to the theaters when I see it XD. I want people to know I am a TRUE Eragon fan. I am worried that it will be as big as LotR. Why? Well right now people are like "Whats that. Ooo that looks cool I wanna read! When the movie comes out people will be all like OO EDWARD SPEELERS IS DA BOMB! NO Eragon is "da bomb" I think it may just kinda ruin it all. You know? Or maybe I am just a freak...
Hinata

Previous

Return to Book Corner