Catch-22

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Catch-22

Postby Puguni » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:37 pm

I have started this book but ever since school started I couldn't go on. I checked it out thinking that it was Catcher in the Rye, which I heard was very good, but instead I got this.

I was surprised by how funny it was from the very beginning, and I think I'll enjoy it as I keep reading.

Anyone else?
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby AngelSakura » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:35 am

DUDE! I'm the biggest Catch-22 fangirl! I love it to death. I bought my own copy. Very, very good. Just...kind of black humor. I mean, it's funny. And then it's like, "WHAM! WAR AND DYING!" So just beware. Don't get attached to anyone.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:26 pm

Have you seen the movie version?
mitsuki lover

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:36 pm

I greatly enjoyed this book. Very amusing in a quirky and sometimes clever way, yet it still isn't meaningless. If there is to be discussion of it, I'd definitely want to participate.

mitsuki lover wrote:Have you seen the movie version?

Yes. I personally don't recommend it. The problem isn't that it makes bad changes to the plot (it's remarkably faithful) but that in transition to the screen it loses some of what makes it enjoyable. A lot of the dialogue becomes jumbled and it is almost impossible to keep up with all the characters (they basically took out no one) unless you've read the book.
uc pseudonym

Postby Needle Noggin » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:24 pm

Catch 22 is a very good book, one of my favorites infact, but it's not for eveyone.
It's really a writer's book. Like artist's art, you know, you read it for how well it's written, and the story comes second.
Go young wildebeest
for you must gallop yonder
mayonaise amen
Needle Noggin

Return to Book Corner