AMVs anyone?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

AMVs anyone?

Postby twilight_tenshi » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:32 am

:sweat: this might sound really silly to some (but hey, we ARE talking about me) but how on earth do you make an AMV? my friend andy makes 'em but he moved so he cant exactly help me :waah!: . id like to know what kind of software and stuff you need. it would also be helpful to know the process. keep in mind i have limited computer skills :drool: *napoleon dynamite moment* so try to speak in twilight-english!!!
twilight_tenshi

Postby Knives » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:39 am

You need a program like windows movie maker. You can prly dled it off microsoft.com
Knives

Postby twilight_tenshi » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:51 am

ok, well i got that so now what?
twilight_tenshi

Postby ssj2gohan61 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:15 pm

get some clips and music
ssj2gohan61

Postby Renoa » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:21 pm

Go to http://www.animemusicvideos.org

They have some advice and tutorials.

Honk if your know where Grobania is!!
Renoa

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:26 am

http://www.google.com :lol:

haha that was more of a joke, try http://www.download.com though
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby redkorn » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:26 am

i like using adobe premier 7.0 and adobe after effects 6.0
redkorn

Postby SwordSkill » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:45 pm

If you're going to use Windows Movie Maker, it does assumes that you're going to be using clips from image stills or video files that you already have in your computer...because if you're going to rip from raw footage like cassette taps or VCDs or DVDs into video files, that's going to take a new slew of different (and much more difficult) things.

You import your video files and your music into the software. When you do, you'll see bars in the bottom part of the software window; those are your video and music files, and that's why they're called "non-linear" - because they're separate and thus you can play around with them and have them come in and close when you want them to. Generally, you decide on a sequence you want the video to come out, sync the scenes in with the music, play with transitions, add text and/or effects, have fun, render...save, upload, show it to the world. Just experiment with the tools and controls in the software; with something as pre-programmed and as user-friendly as WMM, you'll learn a lot more by playing around it than tutorials.
*Insert witty saying here*
SwordSkill

Postby Banana-chan » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:50 pm

If you have a Mac you can use finalcutPro. Its what we use in Video and animation class. you just have to have clips from stuff. but AMVz are AWESOME yesh?
C.T.'s pet chipmunk and daughter. I love my daddy and mommy!

C.T.= Daddy
AgentSmith700=Mommy!

Pets/People I've adopted:
-Sunako (Half Kitty)
-Wingzero22 (Wolf)
-Nami (Tiger)
-Ky Kiske (something from the ocean ^^;;;; )
-Firestorm (Flame kitty)
-Sonic_13
-Sakura15 (wolf)
-Agentsmith700 (Yes i adopted my mother...he's a turtle! X3)

Granddaughter: Shadowchild
Banana-chan

Postby Zero One » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:29 pm

twilight_tenshi wrote::sweat: this might sound really silly to some (but hey, we ARE talking about me) but how on earth do you make an AMV? my friend andy makes 'em but he moved so he cant exactly help me :waah!: . id like to know what kind of software and stuff you need. it would also be helpful to know the process. keep in mind i have limited computer skills :drool: *napoleon dynamite moment* so try to speak in twilight-english!!!

squitty is that you? cuz if it is helloo!...and if your not then I'm just makin a fool outta myself by asuming that you're squitty, cuz it's me Zero *phone rings...stabs phone* cursed thing's been ringing all day >< ok anyways...umm...yeah, if it is you why didn't you just ask zero o.O ... again if you're not squitty just disregard this :dance: :bootout: *looks at profile* hah it is you! *points* don't lie to the people, all I did was change schools I didn't move, you know what happens to liars =P I still live in the same place...
Image"I belong to the warrior in whom the old ways have joined the new" - Katsumoto
Zero One

Return to Tutorials