Biblical wallpapers?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Postby Hephzibah » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:31 pm

Clickity was actually a serious consideration in my mind too. ^^

we can have Clickity as our catch-phrase! :grin: or maybe it can be somewhere in the site's adress.

as for Christian lyrics... I say yes! There are great Christian songs out there with awesome lyrics! PWEEEAAASE Myrrh!
*puppy eyes*

O, btw, shall we start asking the people for permission now?
Hephzibah

Postby nightblade » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:22 am

Where could I find a tutorial on making wallpapers? I'd love to, but I have no idea where to even start >_>;;
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen, not only
because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." -C.S. Lewis
nightblade

Postby Hephzibah » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:41 am

Here is a great site that helped me make my first one, even though it uses Photoshop:
http://www.myrrhlynn.net/daystar/
;) great site that :grin:

What type of program do you use? If its Paintshop Pro, I know of a really good site that has tonnes of brushes! :D yay for brushes!
Hephzibah

Postby nightblade » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:31 am

Either GIMP or Photoshop 6/7
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen, not only
because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." -C.S. Lewis
nightblade

Postby MyrrhLynn » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:28 pm

Ashley wrote: Quick Question, Myrrh: Shall we also accept work with lyrics from Christian songs, or do you want this strictly bible verses?

Oh I hadn't even thought of that.... hummm I don't see why not. But you're the one in charge of Sanctus Lux so you can make the final decision. ]
Here is a great site that helped me make my first one, even though it uses Photoshop:
http://www.myrrhlynn.net/daystar/
[/QUOTE]
My site helped you? o_O How exactly did it help if you don't mind me asking?

Oh and nightblade if you have access to Photoshop 7 then that is the program you should be using. If you want brushes I suggest you go to my site as Talame suggested an then go to the "credits" section. I have a whole list of sites where I got brushes from.

Here's some sites with good photoshop tutorials:
http://www.tekuteku.org/indexu.html
http://www.imanimetions.net/main.php
http://ningen.nattoli.net/

Acutally I'm pretty sure there is a Photoshop tutorial thread in the Tutorials section on here. :) Go and check it out! :thumb:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Hephzibah » Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:08 pm

My site helped you? o_O How exactly did it help if you don't mind me asking?

The tutorial on basic stars + clouds :grin:
Ok, it doesn't look exactly like (or anywhere near) your final product, but considering we were using different programs, I think its pretty good.

Edit:
btw, I have made another wallpaper... but I dont know where the chick is from! I'm working on it though ;) When I find out, it'll be officially submitted :grin:
Hephzibah

Postby Ashley » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:56 pm

When I find out, it'll be officially submitted

You don't have to know--we can always put "Unknown" for now and if you find out later just let me know and I will update it. No worries. ^^
Ashley

Postby Hephzibah » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:59 pm

Okedokey! :grin:
So how many wallpapers do we have so far?
Hephzibah

Postby Ashley » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:02 am

Well, counting your latest submission we have 20! Woo!
Ashley

Postby Hephzibah » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:15 pm

20!!! Wowser!
So when will this thing be up and running? I want to see all of them :grin:
Hephzibah

Postby MyrrhLynn » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:20 pm

Talame wrote:The tutorial on basic stars + clouds :grin:
Ok, it doesn't look exactly like (or anywhere near) your final product, but considering we were using different programs, I think its pretty good.

Ahh ok glad it was able to help you a bit. :thumb:

Hehe... since Ashely is pretty much in charge of it I'll let her decide when she wants to open to the public. I'm hoping I'll get really ambitious and make a custom skin for the Sancut Lux gallery (like Anime paper has: http://www.animepaper.net/nenene/ ) But I donno... that will take a lot of ambition. XD

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

MyrrhLynn

Postby Hephzibah » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:26 pm

:D your site also inspired me to actually make wallpapers in the first place :grin:
(btw I've made another one :grin: WEEE this is fun)
Hephzibah

Postby MyrrhLynn » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:08 pm

Talame wrote::D your site also inspired me to actually make wallpapers in the first place :grin:
(btw I've made another one :grin: WEEE this is fun)

Awww thanks! :hug: I'm so happy to hear that. :) Although a bunch of the credit needs to go to Ashley since she has submitted a lot of the wallpapers that are on my site. :hug: Yay Ashley! :lol:

And yeah making wallpapers is fun. It gets even more fun the better you get believe me. (cause it starts to turn out closer to how you pictured it in your head XD )

MyrrhLynn

Postby SakuraSamurai » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:27 am

I've been trying to look all over for stuff like that! I have one but I would like to find more.
I am a GaiaOnline User! :thumb:
SakuraSamurai

Postby Ashley » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:34 pm

Whoops, I can't believe I let this thread stand so long without a reply...

[quote]Although a bunch of the credit needs to go to Ashley since she has submitted a lot of the wallpapers that are on my site. Yay Ashley! [quote]
Aww, you're welcome. I enjoy it quite a bit--design has become my passion (and my major) so it's awesome I get to help out with a Christian site like Daystar. ^^
Ashley

Postby Hephzibah » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:25 am

I have made another wallpaper :D This time, it actually has a guy in it. I'm breaking from the norm! :grin: its in the wallpaper section if you would like to check it out :D
Hephzibah

Postby MyrrhLynn » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:04 am

Ok Sanctus Lux is OPEN! Wheeee! I'm not sure where Ashley is planning on announcing it, and I don't want to steal her thunder so won't post the link. :lol:

MyrrhLynn

Postby Ashley » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:06 am

Alright! And may I officially announce that on behalf of Myrrhlynn and all of Daystar Designs, that Sanctus Lux is officially open today. Go check it out!

Sanctus Lux: Christian Wallpaper Gallery
Ashley

Postby MyrrhLynn » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:27 am

Ashley wrote:Alright! And may I officially announce that on behalf of Myrrhlynn and all of Daystar Designs, that Sanctus Lux is officially open today. Go check it out!

Sanctus Lux: Christian Wallpaper Gallery

Whew! That was speedy. :) So yes everyone go and visit Sanctus Lux!

MyrrhLynn

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:31 am

yay! *zooms over to check it out*
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby inkhana » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:59 am

Oooh! So cool! :D Would it be ok if I make a couple to contribute sometime? hehe

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Ashley » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:00 am

Absolutely. We'd love to have you contribute. ^^ And my yahoo inbox is gianormous, so please feel free to cram it. XD
Ashley

Postby MyrrhLynn » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:59 pm

Yes please submit more walls! :D We wants lots and lots to give people a nice variety to choose from. ;)

MyrrhLynn

Postby Ashley » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:05 pm

I know I'm not awesome at these, but I made some buttons for SL if you guys want. If you'd like to contribute some more buttons, feel free.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ashley

Postby MyrrhLynn » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:46 pm

Awww :hug: I think those are cute Ashley! ;) I'll have to make some too, so I can link to it in my sig maybe. :)

MyrrhLynn

Previous

Return to Tutorials