Help!

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Help!

Postby starfire » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:47 pm

Can Someone Please Tell Me What A Signature Is??????
starfire

Postby Madeline » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:57 pm

A signature is something that shows up at the end of all your posts. I'll pm you further explain. Okay...so I can't pm you. Well, see the thing at the bottom on my post with the banners "beloved disciple", Wolf Pack and A.O.S.H.I.? That's my siggy. (signature)

If you want to have a siggy, you need to click on the "user cp" link. In the first box towards the bottom there is a link that says "edit signature".
Type in what you want there, and it will appear after you post. If you posted twice on one page, and your siggy doesn't appear, don't get upset: that's normal.
If you want a picture in your siggy, like mine, you need to go to a server that will let you upload your pictures from the file onto the net, like www.photobucket.com. If you don't know how to do that, just post here and I will answer your questions to the best of my ability.
Madeline

Postby starfire » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:02 pm

Madeline wrote:A signature is something that shows up at the end of all your posts. I'll pm you further explain. Okay...so I can't pm you. Well, see the thing at the bottom on my post with the banners "beloved disciple", Wolf Pack and A.O.S.H.I.? That's my siggy. (signature)

If you want to have a siggy, you need to click on the "user cp" link. In the first box towards the bottom there is a link that says "edit signature".
Type in what you want there, and it will appear after you post. If you posted twice on one page, and your siggy doesn't appear, don't get upset: that's normal.
If you want a picture in your siggy, like mine, you need to go to a server that will let you upload your pictures from the file onto the net, like http://www.photobucket.com. If you don't know how to do that, just post here and I will answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Thanks! Do you know any sites with cool pics that don't get mad if you use them? :)
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?threadid=27354
My thread. Click the magical link and ye shall be transported to a land of threadiness!

You shall still ph3ar the ninja! ^ ~

God bless and keep you all the days of your life.
starfire

Postby panegryst » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:07 pm

most sites will let you use their pictures (usually it's just assumed that anything posted on the internet is fair game). If you want to be charitable to the artist, however, just include the artist's name/screenname/website (or whatever, some kind of credits) in the sig.
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby starfire » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:09 pm

panegryst wrote:most sites will let you use their pictures (usually it's just assumed that anything posted on the internet is fair game). If you want to be charitable to the artist, however, just include the artist's name/screenname/website (or whatever, some kind of credits) in the sig.

Thanks!
My thread. Click the magical link and ye shall be transported to a land of threadiness!

starfire

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:54 pm

Oh, just as note on any sites whose web adress you list,

Make sure it would be a site you wouldn't mind any of us browsing. (a.k.a. don't list the web adress for a site with content that's got alot of objectionable content) I'm sure all the pictures you have in your sig would be perfectly fine, but you understand why this is proceedure.

(p.s. If you need a cute picture, tell me what you're looking for and maybe I can help you! I like helping newbies! PM me, or just post here.)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby starfire » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:29 am

Mangafanatic wrote:Oh, just as note on any sites whose web adress you list,

Make sure it would be a site you wouldn't mind any of us browsing. (a.k.a. don't list the web adress for a site with content that's got alot of objectionable content) I'm sure all the pictures you have in your sig would be perfectly fine, but you understand why this is proceedure.

(p.s. If you need a cute picture, tell me what you're looking for and maybe I can help you! I like helping newbies! PM me, or just post here.)

Yeah, I hate those sites too. I found a webring that has clean graphics. I think I know this site where I can get a Starfire avatar. How origional am I? Thanks for the assistance!

starfire

Return to Tutorials