How to Increase Topics of Interest (Tips and Tricks)

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

How to Increase Topics of Interest (Tips and Tricks)

Postby Furen » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:42 pm

In celebration of this post being the 900th topic, I thought I would continue being meta for a moment to have a chance to celebrate this occasion with fun tips and tricks to think through.

Do you want to expand your horizons and enjoy learning about new things? I love learning new things. Here are some tips and tricks

1. Meet other people
Choosing to learn what they care about helps to show what things you can enjoy. This summer, I am living with a woman who loves quilting. I have decided to learn about quilting and have found that quilting can be quite exciting.

2. Wander creative YouTube channels
This is similar to meeting other people. Watching people excitedly create pearler art or drawing can help to cause excitement in you and give you more ideas

3. Just try things
That's really all there is to a lot of increasing topics of interest. Try things out. See what you can do.

Be aware that having too many hobbies will burn you out. See which hobbies cost a lot, and which ones cost a little. Those things help to determine things that are of equal enjoyment.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Re: How to Increase Topics of Interest (Tips and Tricks)

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:11 pm

You could possibly get all three steps in by participating in the new "Comfort Food" thread currently in General! (unless it is determined to be Tutorial material, then it will be moved here, probably.)
But on tip 3, I couldn't agree more! Remember that if a human did it, you can do it too! (We're humans too, after all.) It might not turn out perfect, but perfect comes with practice, and even professionals don't consider their works perfect.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Return to Tutorials