A New Dawn

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: A New Dawn

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:46 am

"Back OFF!" Jadis cried, slashing again. he was in the back room now. "NIGAL!!!"
For a second, he thought he heard a low gasp. He smashed through several more shadows till he finally saw him.
Nigal was crouched back in the corner, still holding his sword. His side was caked in blood and his face was riddled with scratches and worse. Still, he kept right on going, fighting shadows as he always had. Jadis' heart was warmed by the sight.
"Nigal, hang on!" Jadis tore through them like they were nothing until he reached Nigal's side. He quickly grabbed his teacher's arm. "Nigal, lets get out!" he said.
Nigal was clearly surprised to see him. Jadis kicked an oncoming monster in the chest, sending it flying. He grabbed another, which he tossed through the roof, creating a hole. He carefully helped Nigal onto his back, stumbling slightly under his weight. Nigal tried to say something, but Jadis quickly hushed him. "Save your strength," he said. "I'm clearing out."
He jumped onto a box and climbed out. "Shaddoc!" he shouted. "I have Nigal! Head for the North Tower, we'll be safe there." and he started running towards the darkened tower. Nigal's weight slowed him, but he pressed doggedly on.

Neoman crossed the last stair. He took in the room, then focused on the figure in the back. "So you must be Gamaliel."
Gamaliel met Neoman's gaze. "Grand Sage Neoman." He nodded at Callysta. "Daughter of Demetrius. A true pleasure. Except, I don't recall ever bringing you here." He turned to Neoman.
Neoman tilted his head slightly, seeming puzzled. "You don't know? I assumed to have this power you had to have the knowledge to go with it." He actually seemed genuinely sad.
Gamaliel's face darkened. "Do not mock me, old man. I know more than you ever will."
Neoman was quiet. "We appear equal in power," he mused. "So this will be a battle of wits then." He nodded and turned to Callysta. "Are you ready?"
Gamaliel grinned. "I see. Very well then..." Something formed in his hand. "Ready or not, here I come!" He flung the sphere of shadow at Neoman.
Neoman caught it in his hand, and dissolved it by the Light in his palm. "Lets go," he said to Callysta.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:41 pm

"Where we don't want to go is just as good as where we want to go. It tells us what path not to take." Arren said, walking to the door. He looked back, making certain Ethinine and Jadis were prepared, then he slowly stretched a wing out into the darkness, making it as bright as he could, revealing...

OOC: I dunno. Wolfy, what do we see?
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:48 pm

The light of the wings melted the Darkness around them, revealing the ground a million feet below, so they fell to their deaths and the Darkness won...
;)

The Darkness seemed to shrink back. A stone pathway was revealed. But the walls just faded, like they never had been. Jadis glanced over the edge, but all he could see was nothing. Darkness, black and cold, was all he could see. He shook his head. "Nice," he murmured. He straightened. "Okay, left or right? I suggest not stepping off the road, so those are our only options."
Ethinine was quiet, then said, "I'm fine with whatever you guys choose."
Jadis nodded slowly and turned to Arren, eyebrow raised. "And you? Any preferences?"
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:25 am

Arren leaned out over the stone walkway, peering over it into the darkness below, but he couldn't see anything. It was just darkness, it was an absence of everything else. Definitely did not want to fall down there.
"Left. When in doubt, always go left." He said. He took the lead, carefully stepping out onto the stone, holding his wings in front of him to illuminate the pathway as far ahead as he could, but even that didn't reveal more than a dozen paces forward.
It was strange, being here in the darkness again. Just earlier, when they were sneaking through the city, and even when he was attacking the prison, he felt an emptiness inside him and moved only with the drive of a distant desire, and everything else simply faded away. But now, he wasn't absent of himself, nor did he feel the Darkness trying to devour him. Now, since Reveka was there, in the city, waiting for him, he was fully ready to move forward and reach her, no matter what stood in his way.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:43 pm

Oddood198 wrote:"Left. When in doubt, always go left."

OOC: What is this madness?! You stole my motto!

"All right!" Shaddoc called back when he heard Jadis' report. He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw the older man was still alive. But he wasn't in good shape, and the sooner he got help, the better.
Shaddoc followed close behind Jadis, bow ready to face any resistance.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Callysta swallowed her fear and summoned her shadow lance, she looked paler than usual. She muttered something unintelligible, launching the lance at Gamaliel. She prayed that it would meet it's target. Callysta avoided attacks; just barely, this man was quick. "N-Neoman! What do we do?" She managed to ask, as she flings shadow spikes at Gamaliel.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:13 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:

OOC- Funny, I could have sworn it was "When in doubt, always go right". Whatever happened to right?

Jadis shrugged but followed the path. He and Ethinine hung close to Arren, for the Light of his wings were a comfort compared to the surrounding Darkness, which writhed and coiled around Arren's bubble of light menacingly, waiting for an opportunity to strike.
Jadis glanced over the edge of the path again, remembering when he had fallen into it. He could still sort of feel Adon, but he supposed that was because he had been steeped in it for at time. There was a sense of...waiting, anticipation. But it wasn't eager, it wasn't wary, it just was. "What do you wait for?" he asked unconsciously.
"The end."
He jumped, startled. The feeling was everywhere now. he wondered if either of his companions could sense it.
"I wonder how Callysta and the Grand Sage are," Ethinine said softly. "I hope they're alright."
Jadis was quiet. His mind, the part connected to his shadowed counterpart, was feeling weird. Several conflicting emotions, anger, rage, inward and out, a dreadful hunger, the smell of blood, the need to defend something important. He didn't dare go any deeper, he needed to be completely alert now.
"Arren," he said. "Do you know why Azarael is so interested in Reveka? And in us, for that matter. How much do you know?" He didn't believe it to be any more than his own scattered pieces.
Suddenly, he felt something resonate in Adon's essence. He looked up, already knowing what he was about to see. The path ended at a spiral staircase, which vanished into the Darkness outside Arren's light. But he could see Azarael up above, looking down at them. His expression was one of mild amuzement and some annoyance. "What's wrong with today's youth?" he asked rhetorically. "They are incapable of obeying the simplest command. Reveka's been the quietest of all of you."
"Well, she is a girl, I'm sure she's got better manners than us boys," Jadis replied jokingly. "I'm sure she'll take her turn once she realizes Arren's here."
"Actually, she already knows." Azarael stepped forward and began to descend. "But she has much more respect and understanding of her situation than you do. But that's only right, she'd embraced the Wings and is awakening to her power. Neither of you have." He shook his head, smirking. "I suppose I must do without a grand final battle. It seems the strongest and most worthy has already been decided."
"Nothing's decided until either side is destroyed!" Ethinine declared angrily. "You can't pronounce yourself victor before the battle's over!"
Azarael landed softly, smirking. "Is that so." He put his hand to his side, his fingers curling as though gripping something. "Then how about a demonstration?" He pulled back his hand like he was drawing a sword, as a sword formed in his hand. A longsword, almost the length of a grown man, pulsed with dark energy. "Show me what I must face. Come, I crave a challenge."
"You'll get one," Jadis hissed, pulling on his claws. Ethinine looked a little startled but prepared himself.

The other Jadis smiled back at Shaddoc, then gasped as a claw suddenly took him in the side. He stumbled and fell, collapsing off the roof. He saw another shadow tackle Shaddoc, followed by a whole bunch of others. Meanwhile, several others were coming towards himself and Nigal. He scrambled to his feet, ready to fight to the death if need be. Instantly they all jumped on him. He fought as hard as he could, but even a good fighter cannot hold off the mob forever. He screamed out as another claw dug into his other side, tearing him down as the rest came in, shrieking their joy and pleasure.

"Stay calm," Neoman told Callysta, raising his hands. Several lights formed, blocking Gamaliel's own dark attacks and exploding like mini fireworks.
Gamaliel stumbled back, then stiffened as Callysta's spear went straight through his left leg. He collapsed, then entire leg going.
"Keep it up," Neoman encouraged as she began launching spikes at Gamaliel. "You're doing fine."
Gamaliel shot a beam of darkness towards Callysta, who dodged it at the last minute. Neoman crafted a dome of light, which he placed on the ceiling of the tower. Gamaliel eyed it warily. "And what is that for?" he demanded.
"You will find, when you try to leave, that you are unable. I have trapped you in your own dream, Gamaliel."
The man's eyes widened. Howling in fury and fear, he cast a great beam of Darkness directly at Neoman. It traveled directly through him, but Neoman remained unscathed. Neoman, shining like the sun, smiled gently at the stunned Gamaliel.
"You should have studied this power more. If you relax your hold on the dream, particularly during a distraction, someone else could very easily take over it. I'm afraid...you've lost. I'm sorry, but you must be stopped here."
"Not while I still draw breath," Gamaliel snarled. He lunged forward, hands extended and dimmed with Dark energy. Neoman gently took Callysta's hand.
"Are you ready?" he said, smiling at her. Slowly, their combined energies of Darkness and Light combined, forming a terrific energy which smashed into Gamaliel. He cried out one last time, his entire body dispersing into nothing.
"Azarael!' he cried. "MASTER!!!!"
and he was gone. In a second, he was gone. Neoman sighed, dropping Callysta's hand. "That was well done," he told her. "I am pleased with your progress. Your father would be proud. Come, lets remove this place." He extended his hands, emitting a powerful Light energy.
Instantly, the dream dissipated, leaving them standing in an empty tower. Sunlight poured through the single window, illuminating the whole room. Neoman turned slightly, then saw Shaddoc to one side, slowly beginning to stir, Nigal with his entire side bleeding lay unconscious against the wall. "Nigal!" he gasped, running to his side. "Callysta, check on Shaddoc," he said, dropping beside him.

Jadis opened his eyes slowly, groaning in agony. His entire body felt like a hundred nails had been driven into it. He braced his arms against the ground and raised himself up, leaning on his arms. He stared at the huge puddle of blood around him, his frazzled mind not comprehending that it was his own. He was quiet a long moment, just staring at it, then his mind slowly began to put the pieces back together.
"The dream," he murmured weakly. "Someone...destroyed the dream."
He heard shrieks, and saw people running around, frantic. He slowly stood, wobbling. Blood poured from his many wounds, but a memory of what was to happen had returned to him.
"The shadows, they're attacking now," he realized. "The North Tower... I must reach the North Tower. I must..." He stumbled a few steps, then collapsed on his face, shuddering. He felt so horribly weak...
"You drifted into the Light again, I see."
"M-M....Azarael," He closed his eyes. "Let me go..."
"Not yet, my poor disobedient servant. I've one last task for you, but then I'll be happy to let you go. Tell me, what occurred during your return to the Light?"
Too weak to resist, Jadis began to remember the instances of the dream, revealing everything to Azarael's eyes. Slowly, his light began to dim, till it receded again.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:19 pm

Wolfsong wrote:
ClaecElric4God wrote:

OOC- Funny, I could have sworn it was "When in doubt, always go right". Whatever happened to right?

OOC: Actually, that was the mantra of anybody who has ever played D&D or some variant thereof. Ever. And that includes long before Claec existed. And the only people who go right, are those who are about to meet a pretty nasty demise.

"Well, for one thing, haven't you met Reveka? She's amazing! I'd be surprised if anyone [i]didn't[/t] want her to themselves." Arren said, still moving forward along the narrow road cautiously, "However, what he wants the rest of us for, and his plans, I don't have a--"
He stopped talking the second the long staircase came into sight. He looked up, and saw that it reached far beyond the limits of his light. But he could see who waited at the top for them.
He watched on in silence as Azarael came down to meet them and exchanged banter with Ethinine and Jadis. At Azarael's challenge, Arren held his hands in front of him, forming fists, not ideal for fighting, but he couldn't be picky right now.
"Listen close and quick," He said, in the lowest voice he could that he knew his comrades would hear, "I'll rush and distract him. Jadis, maneuver around and try to hit him from behind. Etho... do your magic stuff." The instant he stopped giving instructions, he charged forward, shouting a battle cry as he ran at Azarael, fists raised, wings forward.
Oddood198

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:35 pm

Callysta stuttered with wide eyes "O-okay." She ran towards Shaddoc and knelt down. She habitually grabbed his hand "Shaddoc?" She glanced at his face, he looks like he was stirring. Callysta breathed a sigh of relief and smiled "I think he's okay." Her smile faltered then faded when she saw Nigal "Nigal.." she gasped softly, her free hand clasped over her mouth.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Koneko-chan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Shaddoc was distracted, and didn't have time or the awareness to dodge the shadow that tackled him from behind. He cried out in pain, twisting around to fend off his attacker. But it was soon accompanied by a group of other shadows, too many for Shaddoc to hold his own against. The last thing he felt before blacking out was engulfing darkness.
"Jadis..." he whispered, hoping beyond all hope that he'd somehow escaped.

A throbbing pain in his head woke Shaddoc. And a quiet yet urgent voice saying his name. He struggled to bring his thoughts into focus, forcing his eyes open. He was in the North Tower again, with no recollection of having come here. Kneeling next to him was a young girl, whom he recognized as Callysta. This was the first time she'd spoken to him, but he vaguely recalled hearing her name.
"Ca...llysta?" He grunted quietly. He started when he realized his hand was clasped in hers, and she was staring at him with concern. But before he had the sense to retract his hand, he saw the expression change on her face as she focused on something on the other side of the room.
"Nigal.." At the sound of his comrade's name, Shaddoc turned his head to follow her gaze. He barked an exclamation when he saw the older man, with the Grand Sage standing over him. Shaddoc forced himself up on his elbows, suddenly realizing just how much pain he was in, in every part of his body. He could feel the crusted blood on the side of his head, the source of which was presumably whatever was causing the searing pain in his skull. He gritted his teeth, the air passing between them, but he persevered till he was leaning on the weight of his free hand.
"Sage," he pleaded. "Is he okay?"
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:42 pm

"Well, I'm glad someone has a plan," Jadis muttered, leaping over to the side as he rushed around Azarael.
Azarael watched Arren's assault with amusement, executing a quick sweep which forced Arren to either fall back or get cut in half.
Jadis leapt in, claws raised. Azarael swung his arm out, an extension of dark energy released which coiled around Jadis' hand and hurled him away, almost sending him over the edge.
Ethinine released his spell as Jadis and Arren were forced back. The staircase suddenly collapsed, falling toward Azarael's head, even as he shot a large fireball toward him. The Darkness rose of its own accord and stopped the pieces of the staircase. Azarael held out his hand, catching the fireball, which burnt away on contact, leaving him unharmed. "You'll have to do better than that," he said.
Jadis sstumbled to his feet, cursing his solw reflexes. Azarael smiled. "You're only half a man now, what can you expect?" he shook his head. "Your precious sister, Arren, is probably better off without you. I can't see why she's so fond of you."
"Well..." Jadis said quietly to Arren and Eithinine. "That failed. What now?"
Ethinine shook his head slowly. "You saw...the Darkness protected him. How can we do anything while he stands in shadow?"
"Right," Jadis said. "Let me try something. Come when I call." He rushed forward, leaping at the last second left to avoid Azarael's strike, clawing toward his face. Azarael brought his arm up, sword connecting with the claw, twisted around and went right through his arm. Jadis gasped, but grabbed the sword and held it, not allowing Azarael to reclaim it. "Go Arren, Ethinine!" he shouted.

The Grand Sage raised his head at Callysta's words, then smiled warmly at Shaddoc. "He will be well," Neoman assured him. "Were you caught in Gamaliel's dream world as well? If so, you did well in protecting him."
He touched Nigal's side and began to murmur what sounded like a prayer. Slowly, the wound began to close, with good healthy skin taking the place of the old. Nigal's color improved till he was breathing regularly. Neoman sighed and removed his hand. "Wake Nigal," he said gently. "You are wanted, old friend."
Nigal's eyelids fluttered, the opened. He sat up slowly, staring up at Neoman for a minute, then comprehension filled his eyes. "Neoman, my thanks," he said. "You made it just in time." Then he began to take in his surroundings, his gaze settling on Shaddoc. "We appear to have made it in one piece. Was that really Jadis with you?"
"Jadis?" Neoman glanced back at Shaddoc. "He was with you?"
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:12 pm

Shaddoc smiled softly when Nigal awoke, a sigh of relief releasing some of the stress that had built up in his chest throughout this whole ordeal. But then when Nigal and Neoman turned to him, he lowered his head, studying the frayed edges of his torn shirt.
Jadis... Where are you?
"Yes," he replied quietly. "He fought the Darkness long enough to rescue Nigal, but the last time I saw him was before I blacked out. He was under attack by a group of shadows..." Shaddoc trailed off, his chest clenching up again. He didn't dare to think of what may have happened to his friend.
Shaddoc turned to Callysta, his hand still resting in hers. He withdrew his hand, using it to raise himself up and struggling to his feet.
"Thank you," he said kindly, brushing aside his worries. He wouldn't make this girl see his concern. Then he realized that Gamaliel was nowhere to be found. Had the Grand Sage and Callysta fought him? "Are you all right?" he asked with concern, meeting Callysta's gaze.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Koneko-chan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Callysta smiled gratefully at Shaddoc and said "Yeah. Aha, I was more concerned about you guys. But yes." she looked down, her face sobered for a moment with thought of her missing friends. She looked back up with her ever present smile "Your okay now?" Callysta inquired warmly to Nigal and Shaddoc.

Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:16 pm

Arren leapt back to avoid Azarael's strike, then watched as he effortlessly fended off Ethinine and Jadis' attacks. Well, he's strong, I'll give him that. He thought, watching the ease he completely foiled their attack with.
He ground his teeth when Azarael made the comment about Reveka, but kept his mouth closed. Losing his cool right now wouldn't benefit them at all. He looked to Jadis when he told them to be ready to attack on command, and watched as he launched his attack and got himself wounded.
Arren had grasped the idea behind Jadis' charge just a moment before he yelled to attack, so Arren was already dashing forward before Ethinine started moving. He went right past Jadis and Azarael, then turned and came back from behind, grabbing Azarael's arms and holding him still the best he could, then he spread his wings over the three of them to drive away the shadow. "Etho, blast him now!" He shouted.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Shaddoc briefly caught the look of concern on Callysta's face. But reading people wasn't one of his strong points, and all he could do was cough nervously and rub the back of his head. Whatever her problem was, there wasn't anything he could do about it.
"Er...um..." Shaddoc coughed again, recomposing himself when he saw Callysta's customary smile. Maybe he'd just imagined that something was wrong...
"Well, I've been better," he remarked, looking over at Nigal. "But I'll be okay. Just a few scrapes. Right now our top priority is finding Jadis. Any ideas, Nigal?"
As he spoke, Shaddoc looked around, realizing that his bow was missing.
Great. I'll have to get a new one before I'm of any use.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Neoman quietly considered that, then turned to Nigal. "If he fought free, then how strong is the shadow in him? Could he conquer it himself?"
"What I want to know," Nigal replied. "Is where Jadis is now."

Had to reach the North Tower. Everyone was in there.
No, he mustn't go.
Jadis strode stone-faced down the streets, ignoring the frantic people running madly around. Stupid fools, what could they do? The Darkness was coming. They were lost.
It doesn't have to be! We could stop them!
Azarael was busy, apparently, playing with the son of the priestess, the mage, and Firesoul's heir. But he was still here, in Jadis' mind, helping him ignore the annoying little voice of the Light. The Light was so weak compared to the darkness. It was time it fell for good.
Jadis, for pity's sake, don't go! You can't do this!
The castle courtiers and the palace servents rushed about in a frenzy. Jadis shook his head, sneering at them. Soft buffoons in their finery. What good would their gold do them now? The North Tower was ahead. "There," he whispered. "It resides there, my lord. I can feel it."
"Very good. Very good indeed."
No! No! This isn't good! This isn't right!
"Take the wielder of shadows, as my vengeance against her father. Spread the blood sacrifice, my servent. Snare the Heart of Light whom you sense, that when I have the Wings I may take them without struggle."

"It will be done."
Light, no! Wake up Jadis!!!
A grim smiled lit up his face. His hand reached back to caress the sword, then he mounted the stairs. As he climbed them, he began to change slightly. His eyes seemed to regain their normal color, and he lost the shadow over him. However, it seemed almost to retreat into his eyes as dots of inky block appeared in his eyes, rotating in his eyes, the only sign of the truth. He climbed the last flight and opened the door.
Neoman bent over Nigal in one corner, and Shaddoc and Callysta stood in another. At first, their presence worried Jadis, but then he saw that Nigal, if healed, was still weak, and Shaddoc was obviously still wounded. Neoman was too far away to do anything. That left Callysta.
"Room for one more?" he asked jokingly as he entered. The older men jumped, but he hurried toward Shaddoc and Callysta. "I'm glad you see you made it," he said, clapping Shaddoc on the back, "accidently" hitting one ofthe open wounds. Pretending not to notice, he turned to Callysta, grabbing her hand in apparent concern. "Are you alright?" he asked her. His other hand reached back, rubbing the back of his neck, his hand moving close to his sword.

Ethinine lunged forward, hands glowing with an elemental energy.
Azarael smirked, then flared out his wings, the darkness of their presence fighting with Arren's Light. He planted his feet, then suddenly leapt back, performing the perfect backflip, as he let go of the sword. Jadis stumbled back, almost falling into the emptiness. This also threw Arren off-balance, but before he could recover, Azarael had an arm around his neck while the otehr went around the back, an effective noose as he began to choke Arren. This also had Arren as a shield, blocking Ethinine's charge. Jadis leapt up, taking the sword out of his arm, and charged at Azarael. Azarael leapt up, taking to the air just a couple feet out of the boys' reach, then dropped Arren on top of them. "Don't assume I'm any weaker just because I am not in shadow," he admonished them, descending. He shook his head. "Even with the aid of the mage's son, the Hands of Light are weak. Perhaps having the Wings with you would at least make me sweat." He smiled mockingly. "Shall I summon her for you?"
"Like...heck!" Jadis gasped, struggling to his feet. "We can take you. We're like a bad bronze penny, we keep coming back!"
Azarael's smile deepend. "Really Jadis? for a bad penny, you're easily bent. Take your shadow half, he's on his way to kill Callysta, or perhaps even that friend of yours, Shaddoc."
"What?!" Jadis stared at him, stupified. Azarael chuckled softly.
"You must feel a failure, Jadis. You failed to protect all the children, that day in the cave, now Arren or your other companion." Smilng, he held up a talismen Jadis recognized instantly, the one that hid one's essnece. "And now, you can't even save yourself. Poor child, wouldn't it be nice to just throw all your cares away?"
"Like heck!" Jadis hissed. He reached back, drawing his swords. "At least I can care about something besides myself. I'm not going to fail again, not today Azarael!"
"Seems to me you're lost already," he replied dryly, surveying the battered trio.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Callysta's heart leapt in her throat when Jadis strode in. He grabbed her hand and she flinched, eyes like a frightened deer's. Something didn't feel right about this person "J..Jadis?" She asked. Callysta gave a sideways glance to Shaddoc. Then with a start, she pulled back, her eyes not leaving Jadis'. 'Is this really Jadis? Or a shadow trick?' she kept her mouth closed. She glanced at Shaddoc again with a startled expression. "I'm.. Uhm.. I'm fine, thanks." she smiled at him, trying to recover.

Koneko-chan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:40 pm

Shaddoc jerked up when he heard the familiar voice.
"Jadis!" Shaddoc's eyes lit up. But then he lurched forward as Jadis roughly smacked him on the back. He coughed, tasting a bit of blood in his mouth. A recently subsided pain in his back was newly awakened, throbbing rythmically. But he didn't say anything. Obviously, Jadis hadn't done it on purpose, and Shaddoc was just overjoyed to see him return.
In the few seconds it took Shaddoc to recover from Jadis' "attack", Jadis had taken Callysta's hand, and was talking to her. Disregarding the fact that Jadis was engaged in conversation, as well as his own pain, Shaddoc lunged toward Jadis, grabbing him in a bear hug. In the chaos when he'd first seen Jadis in town, he hadn't been able to properly greet him.
"It's good to have you back, my friend." Shaddoc sighed, relieved that things finally appeared to be coming back together. Hopefully, the worst of it was over. He stepped backwards and held Jadis at arms length, meeting his gaze. "You had me worried."
Shaddoc had to do a double take when he saw Jadis' eyes. Had they always been like that? He couldn't remember...It seemed like he would have noticed something that unusual.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Arren coughed furiously and gasped in air as Azarael released his neck, the counterattack came so swiftly he could barely react at all. He's... Too strong... Even without shadows... He thought, raggedly bringing himself to his feet. He looked at Jadis and Ethinine. Jadis had the wound on his arm, which would likely get in the way, probably almost completely annihilating use of that arm. Ethinine didn't look injured, but Arren couldn't tell how he was holding up regardless.
Azarael's announcement that Callysta and Shaddoc were being targeted didn't shake Arren, because he was here and they were there, there was nothing he could do to help them. He did grin wryly, though. "You aren't so good with trying to worry us." He said to Azarael, "Because now we know that Shaddoc and Callysta are together, and I'm sure those two can handle themselves against one of your puppets." He balled his fists, preparing for another attack, no matter how futile.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:58 am

Jadis smiled encouragingly at Callysta. "That's good to hear," he said.
He lurched back when Shaddoc gave him an unexpected bear hug, but recovered quickly and flung his arms around Shaddoc. "Good to see we all made it," he agreed, then opened his eyes wide and dropped his arms in an awkward manner. "I'm sorry, you're wounded...We need to get that taken care of." He realized Shaddoc was staring at his eyes and quickly shifted his gaze to Neoman and Nigal, facing away from Shaddoc. "Nigal, I'm glad to see you're alright," he said.
Neoman was staring at him as if trying to see something. Nigal smiled. "I'm glad you're back as well Jadis. We missed having you around."
He seemed to be trying to get to his feet. Jadis decided he needed to move now, whatever happened. He turned to Callysta, smiling. "I remember Gamaliel said you could sense shadows. Well, I need your help with something-" He grabbed her arm.
"DON'T!" Neoman suddenly cried, his hand outstretched. "Its a trap! He's still locked in shadow!"
For a second, the whole room went still. Jadis snarled hatefully at the Grand Sage. Instantly he shoved Shaddoc into the wall as hard as he could, then slung Callysta over his shoulder as he had to Reveka, and leapt out the window.
At the last second, his hand, still one claw equipped, lunged out and latched onto the wall, digging into the stone. He skidded down a little farther, then stopped. He adjusted his hold on the struggling Callysta, put on his other claw, and began to climb up.
"My apologies," he said to her. "But I need your help for something."
Dang it Jadis! Fine, ignore my voice, but I doubt you can ignore this!
A section of the tower suddenly broke off, falling directly toward Jadis. Hissing in frustration, he released his right grip and swung back so the stonework fell harmlessly past. "Stop it!" he mentally cried at the Light that surged angrily within.
Like heck! We're the Hand of Light, you idiot, not a slave of Darkness! And you are either going to figure that out and come back or I'll kill you!
"You'll kill us both!
" Jadis countered, climbing quickly.
Then I'll at least not have to watch you submit like a fool anymore.
Jadis felt the very stones he clung to shudder. Grimacing, he made a jump to a different place as the stones gave. "I never knew I was so annoying." He kept doggedly climbing.
Oh you better believe it, buddy.

OOC- Don't ask me how he's able to climb, jump, dodge, and carry Callysta up the side of a tower all at the same time. I won't have an answer :lol:

Nigal cursed, scrambling to the window. "He's headed up the tower. What the heck does he think is up there?"
"Or maybe he's stalling for time," Neoman said, staring out the window over Nigal's shoulder. He pointed to the horizon. "Look! The Dark is coming!"
Nigal looked where he was pointing, then let out a string of curses. Like a tsunami, the Darkness was rolling in. "We need to do something about that," he said. he whirled around and bolted for the stairs. "Shaddoc, Jadis is in your hands!" he shouted as he went down. "I have to hold the city!"
The Grand Sage turned quickly to Shaddoc. "Give me your knife," he commanded. As he took the weapon into his hands, they began to glow. "This blessing won't be as strong as the blessing of Emagene, but it will give you and edge over his Darkness." The Light surrounded the knife, and even when it faded the knife retained its glow. He smiled and returned it to Shaddoc, looking into the young man's eyes. "Shaddoc, before you go, I want to remind you of something. Jadis, even with the shadows holding him, is still Jadis within and without. He is still the self-confident, oddly humored man we know him to be. Undoubtedly, you will be forced to fight with him, but there will be another battle if you want him back. Do not just fight with Jadis, draw him out. Call to him, for he loves you as a brother. I'd be surprised if he didn't answer." He turned to the door, taking a more slow, deliberate pace. He smiled back at Shaddoc encouragingly. "May the Light keep you forever in its care." and he hurried down the stairs.

Azarael smiled faintly at Arren. "Can they. Perhaps you should ask Jadis what is going on right now." He raised his sword, then paused. For a moment, he stood there, head tilted as though listening, then sighed and sheathed his sword, which vanished into the darkness. "Forgive me, but I must go. Go, if you must, and wander the Citadel. It can cause no harm now." and he stepped back off the path.
Jadis hurried over, but he couldn't see Azarael anymore. He was quiet a long moment, then shook his head, rubbing the back of his neck. "Cause no harm. I guess...its finally coming to a head. But we're not ready..."
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:05 pm

Callysta choked out a scream in surprise, her face paler than usual "JADIS! Take me back!" She cried angerily "What exactly do you need ME for?" Callysta went on rambling "I knew it. I knew you weren't the real Jadis."
OOC: XDD I won't question it.

Koneko-chan

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:12 pm

OOC- thanks Koneko

Jadis snorted. "I'm plenty real, Callysta. I'm just not on your side."
He was near the top of the tower now. Despite the debree and stonework falling, caused by the anger of his Light, he was making good time.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:18 pm

Wolfsong wrote:OOC- Don't ask me how he's able to climb, jump, dodge, and carry Callysta up the side of a tower all at the same time. I won't have an answer

Didn't we already go over this? It's because he's awesome. :cool:

Shaddoc forced himself to remain calm, even though he'd been cut far deeper than any of the wounds he'd sustained. How had he let himself be fooled? He smashed his fist against the wall, ignoring the pain that spiked through his arm. He took his knife back from Neoman, nodding his gratitude.
What was he supposed to do? Nigal made it sound so easy. "Jadis is in your hands." Shaddoc looked down at his dagger. True, it was much larger than the average knife, it was light and sharp, and wielding it was like a second nature to him. But how on earth was he supposed to hold his own against Jadis? Shaddoc had never missed his bow as much as he did now. But even as he thought it, he considered the fact that it probably wouldn't have done him any good. Jadis would make it a close range combat either way. Shaddoc would have eventually been forced to use his dagger anyway.
Shaddoc looked at Neoman, listening to the older man's words. His heart clenched. As a brother? Did Jadis really think of him that way? Shaddoc knew that he'd do anything for Jadis, but was he really important enough to Jadis to get through to him? Was there really anything he could do? Or were they putting to much faith in him.
Shaddoc tightened his grip on the knife. It didn't matter. This was something he had to do, and if he died trying, so be it. This was Shaddoc's responsibility, and he would do what he could.
"Alright, Jadis," he grumbled as he worked his way up the crumbled stone toward where Jadis had retreated. "Show me what you've got. And enjoy this Darkness while you can, because I'm going to knock it out of you."
Then, in a loud, determined, pleading voice, he cried:
"Jadis!!"
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:34 pm

OOC- okay, Claec, sure.... :lol:

Jadis paused, then glanced down. Shaddoc was following him, via the fallen stonework. Cursing his Light, he latched hard onto the stone. He was at the top now, and knew what he sought was here. He dug at one of the stones until it came out, and dropped it toward Shaddoc.
"Get away!" he shouted. "I...erg!"
His Light was surging through him, forcing his Darkness to fight back. For a moment, he hesitated, then dove into the crevice, dragging Callysta with him.
It was a small room, five men would feel crowded, and was extremely dark. But that made sense, the only light now came from the hole Jadis had opened. "An impressive hiding place," he said, releasing Callysta. "Come," he motioned to a place on the floor, the design of a sun with various lights encircling it. "Please don't fight," he added. "I don't want this to be any more unpleasant than possible."
He felt the tower shake and heard the stone crumble again. But there was no sign of anything changing in the room. "What did you do?" he demanded of his Light.
Oh just laid out the final path for Shaddoc. Once he sees how you made it in, he'll follow. Jadis, come on...this is madness.
"So is listening to you."
He beckoned impatiently at Callysta, "Come!" he demanded harshly.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Shaddoc looked up in time to see the stone falling toward him. He barely moved out of the way in time, and was rewarded for his sluggish reaction by the feeling of rock scraping against his shoulder as the stone grazed him on its way down. Ignoring the pain, he continued to work his way up. Noting the path Jadis must have taken, Shaddoc continued up the path until he reached the opening. He cautiously stood to the side, his back against the wall.
"Jadis, are you in there?" He demanded angrily. "Answer me right now if you value your life!" Shaddoc's mind was running a million miles an hour. He really didn't have a plan at all. He was entirely banking on what Neoman had said. If he was wrong, and Jadis' consciousness was sealed up tight, Shaddoc was a dead man one way or the other...
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Jadis paused when he heard Shaddoc's voice. After a moment, he answered, "Yes Shaddoc, I'm here." He suddenly lunged, grabbed Callysta, and dragged her into the center of the markings. "But it doesn't matter!" he shouted, Dark taking the head. "There's nothing you can do to stop me now!"
He felt something stir in him, the Light crying out. He knew. Oh, how well did he know. Darkness emitted from him, filling the room and entangling around the designs. "My apologies," he said to Callysta. He raised his claw, ready to kill.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:21 pm

Shaddoc's eyes widened at Jadis' last words. Grabbing the edge of the crumbled wall, he pushed off the rubble under his feet, propelling himself around the corner and landing inside the small, dark room. He could barely make out anything, but he saw Jadis and Callysta clearly enough. Shaddoc lunged toward Jadis, grabbing his arm and putting all of his strength into holding him back.
"Don't you dare!" He snarled. Whatever it took, he had to get Callysta away from Jadis. "What's wrong with you, you idiot?! Are you really weak enough to be taken over by this? The very darkness you've sworn to destroy!"
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:42 pm

Jadis gasped as Shaddoc jerked him back. He stumbled, then collapsed to the floor, with Shaddoc falling on top of him. "I'm not weak!" he retorted angrily, struggling to get from under Shaddoc. "The Dark is a thousand times stronger than the Light!"
Right, came the voice of his Light. Weak. That's why I was able to drop those stones on you earlier.
"Shaddoc!' Jadis struggled, then shoved Shaddoc off of himself and stumbled to his feet. His Light was at the surface, openly struggling with his Darkness. "Sorry Shaddoc....its been heck." He grinned wanly. "I need to...to summon the Heart of Light. But I....I have to....rrg!"
He stumbled, the Dark fighting back again. "Bloody heck!" he snapped, clutching his head as he fell back against the wall.

OOC- I can't help but feel that sounded so stupid...
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:02 pm

Callysta squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for it, but pain never came. She opened one eye and saw Shaddoc and Jadis quarreling. Callysta's eyes got wide and she was frozen, she feel like she couldn't move, but then she stopped trying "I think this is Shaddoc's mission.. If he really needs my help, I'll know.. Thanks." She mumbled, watching them, ready to spring if she has to.

Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:40 pm

Arren looked at Azarael, watching him closely for any signs of hostile movement, but instead of attacking he just... left. Just like that, he excused himself and stepped straight off the path. Well, Arren wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth. "Come on, hurry up!" He said, tugging on Ethinine's shirt to get the older boy moving as he ran forward, doing the same to Jadis as he passed him. "No time to lose!" He said, starting to run up the staircase, actually using his wings as he ran to lift himself a bit and make the stair-climbing easier. From what he just said... We've entered the endgame. He thought.
Oddood198

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying