Magicology

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Magicology

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:09 pm

GM is Kung Fu master.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:06 pm

OOC: Show + Road. Let's GO!

IC:

Man has always thought the way he assumed the universe was correct. He took these assumptions and made laws out of them and called his knowledge “Science” not realizing the flaws within them. As man grew each day he would made new assumptions and throw them out the next. Every time man saw something past his knowledge he would say ‘That cannot happen. It is beyond the Laws of Physics.’ as if the universe was his to control. What if one day man discovered that ‘Magic’ was real? Of course he would try to define it and take it as his own saying, ‘It’s fine. We know everything about it.’ Never realizing how wrong he was.

Chapter One: The Realm of Humans and The Realm of the Asura
Arc one: The Long Calm

Late spring, a time of joy, a time of sorrow. Camelot City, a city of the future, rested in a moment such as this. Its buildings reflected the bright warming rays of the sun as the many park areas that existed in and around the structures absorbed it causing the grass to grow greener and the flowers to smell sweeter. For High Schoolers however this meant the time for final exams. On the other hand for a certain blonde school girl these tests were now over as she now dashed through the heavily Renaissance influenced shopping district, rolling by the people on her skates as they echoed on the cobble stone roads with a quick click then a quick clack. Her bright golden hair flowed through the air as her shoes clopped together behind her strapped under her green backpack. In her right hand was clasped, almost desperately, a sheet of paper. On this piece of paper held the reason she ran, to show it off to her closest friend. Though she lived in the school dorms close to her school and in the opposite direction, on the other side of the shopping district her friend did not. Past the gated entrance (or in this case exit for her) of the shops lay a paved down hill road forcing the girl to the sidewalk and continued on towards a community of houses until she stopped at a certain one. It was not different than the others as it had a brown and tan exterior and only one story tall as well as a large garage in front but ran on up and entered the door to its garage anyways.

“Chase, Chase, look, look, look!” the blonde excitedly proclaimed rolling open the paper she had been grasping for dear life on. It read:
Name: Mary Magonia
Subject name: Star Child
Sex: Female
Magic Type: Light
Due to recent tests of Strength, Speed, Range, and Magitech Sync Rate
This Test Subject has been shown to be of the rank of
[SIZE="6"]Class [color="Red"]B[/color][/SIZE]

…Silence.

Nothing returned Mary’s joy but a mix of rock and opera played from a home sound system and the clinking of metal as a boy not much older than Mary that she proclaimed to be named Chase made as tools in his hands meet the bolts of a motorcycle-isc vehicle on the floor where he sat. A blue grey baseball cap sat backwards on his short messy brown hair keeping the bangs and sweat from his eyes. Around his waist lay the upper half of a one piece mechanic’s jumpsuit while his legs wore the rest exposing his back as a thin sleeveless white shirt clung to it. Along his spine, out his shoulders and on the outside of his arms, as well as up and around his neck was a black line of material fused to his skin. Occasionally a ghostly hand shape would emit from this line, grab a tool on the wall and give it to Chase or take it from him and return it to the wall before reseeding to where it came from like an octopi’s arm.

“Chase?” Mary asked sorrowfully.

Slowly she walked around the bike getting a better look at the boy’s face.

“Hey Chase did you hea…?” Mary’s question stopped half way through as she glimpsed the boy’s face as it told, no, yelled to her the fear he was trying to hide behind hard thought and aggression. It was the same face he showed when he wanted to forget something.

“You had the dream again.” Mary stated leaning on the bike coming ever so closer to his face.

“…” the tools stopped, the arms dropped, and his expression loosened.

“The one about the red and black butterfly.” Mary stated again calling his grey blue eyes to meet her brown.

“Mary?”

“Yes?” the two coming closer.

“Why is it called Prime Rib?”

The tension at that moment dropped like a rock. Mary herself would have fallen over the bike if she hadn’t of had an arm on its’ seat.

“What?!”

“Exactly what I said.” Chase yammered, turning and standing up in one fluid motion as he started walking around the room like some great philosopher…and maybe he was…in his own mind at least. “What’s so prime about it and does it really come from the rib? Well I’m sure some of it is or else they wouldn’t call it that but I don’t think all of it is prime. And Peanuts? It’s not a pea and it’s not a nut, so why is it called a ‘Pea’ ‘Nut’? And Cauliflower? If it really is a vegetable then why does it taste like monkey brains?” Finally turning to Mary as if she could answer these conundrums only to find her looking up at him hand on chin, elbow on motorcycle and an expression that aggressively asked ‘Again?’.

“You haven’t eaten all day again have you?” Mary remarked in an angered yet somewhat understanding tone.

“Yep. Fridge is completely cleaned out. Even the butters gone.” Seemingly proud of himself.

“Sigh” Mary hopelessly replied. “It’s Friday so I guess some shopping is in order before summer.”

“Hooray.” Chase proclaimed jumping happily like a child a third his age. “maybe we can go eat out again tonight. It’s been ages since we last did that.”

“Um, sure.” Mary said turning her face away from the man before returning her eyes with a smirk. “But first, you need a bath.” She proclaimed by waving her hand in front of her nose. “I can smell you from here.”

“A~oh. I don wanna.” Again acting like a child even slurring his speech.

“You will or no meatballs for you.”

“PASTA? Then I’ll do it.” He ran not through the door Mary first came through but another, this one leading into the house but stopped right before entering it. “Oh, and Mary.”

“Yeah?” Not even turning to look at him.

“Congrats on going up a class rank.” Now running off to wash off the day’s stink.

“Sigh. He is just a kid at heart after all.”
……………………………………………………………………………………………..
OOC: Just so you’ll know, Chase likes to sing in the shower. Here’s part of one he sings soon after this scene. Just put a happy rhythm like that of a Beetle’s song and you have the tune.

“Hello Mister Sorrowful,
Meet Mister Happy Day.
He’s come with a blue sky,
Just to chase your clouds away.”
.....................................................................................

P.S.: Due to school being over for the next three weeks (for me at least) and due to an overbearing mother whom wants me home for that time I'll will taking a thousand mile journey (And I'm not joking on the distance) back home for a while so between now and (I'll say) Sunday night I might not be able to post so I hope this wait hasn't scared people off or made them forget about it because I won't be able to tell. So if you're still here to play we'll only be doing a common life arc for a month in game. I hope to have a bit to read by the time I get back.
World Domination or Bust :thumb:
Kung_Fu_Master

Location: In the Animation department at school with hours of homework.

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:25 pm

Sue sat on the bed in her dorm, flipping through a well-worn notebook, filled with pages of sentence fragments and cryptic diagrams. She understood what they said, but at the same time, she didn't. Her next big test was coming up in a couple days, so she was doing her best to cram in all the information she needed about these Magitech things to get through it.

Still, she was distracted by Dr. Gentry's words, still ringing in her ears: "You have so much potential, but you have to work at it more!" Sure, he had said that when he was really ticked off, but he was right - she had spent so much time on trivial things that she had blown her last test in pyrokinesiology. Even so, she impressed her friends her little fire tricks on a daily basis, so it wasn't for lack of natural ability. Her professors insisted she needed more control, and the only way to do that was to study. It was time to change her tactics.

Maybe after dinner.

Still clutching her notes, Sue stepped out into the hall and headed towards the dining room across the grassy campus lawn. Above her, the aircars whizzed above the campus and away to wherever they were going in Camelot. Younger students ran by, rough-housing and laughing as they let off some steam between exams. Someone else sat under a spreading tree, plucking out chords on an antique guitar in the spring evening's shade. Overall, it was an unremarkable day, save for the conflict in Sue's head.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:42 pm

Ai woke up, her head against her notebooks, and her half black, half white hair cascading down her back. She quickly sat up, realizing she had dozed off. "No, no, I can't keep doing this." she muttered. "I gotta pass the test." she murmured. She picked up her notebook again and started reading. After some time her eyelids began drooping again. Her dorm wondow was open, and she could hear someone playing a guitar. suddenly Ai sat up again and rubbed her eyes. She had almost dozed off again. "Come on, come on...why am I so tired?" she moaned to herself.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Ally-Ann » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:00 am

Melany sighed in annoyance, looking through her books for a test. 'Oh, how I HATE studying.' She thought grimly, a scowl plastered on her face. 'I can't take all this learning. I can't be healthy for someone.' Melany looked out her room's window, noticing the sky was dimming. 'I haven't gotten any relaxation time all day. Nothing but work, work, work.' She inwardly grumbled. 'At least it pays off...' She reasoned, remembering when she went up a rank not too long ago.
"I need a break, though." She said outloud as she turned her stereo on to some techno before smiling. 'Much better.'
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:34 pm

OOC:

Davidizer13 (post: 1485582) wrote:Above her, the aircars whizzed above the campus and away to wherever they were going in Camelot.

Um, David, I fell stupid for not saying this earlier but there are no flying cars. I'm sorry for not saying that in the thread when I should have. Your post is fine and was not your fault but was mine just don't do it again. In fact I'll post it on the idea forum so nobody else does it and even my reasons for it being so. Well, that's all. Carry on.

IC:

The walk from Chase's house to the shopping district was a relatively quite one. It was not till the two had ordered their food and sat down did they begin to reveal their day to one another. The restaurant they had chosen was a mock copy of a common Italian family food cafe. Chase had finally switched from his sweaty mechanic's clothes to a more common school attire giving the illusion that he went to school today instead of skipping his exam he would have aced anyway. His uniform was much like Mary's (They went to the same school after all, as did most magicers their age did as well.), a white, short sleeved button up shirt but with his top button open showing a orange shirt below it as well as the outline of a lion in a circle upon his left breast pocket and dark blue pants with brown shoes. The only difference for the common look was the brown Ireland style cap on his head.

"So."

"So?"

"How's the bike coming?" said Mary trying to start a conversation.

"Ef's komfen ahgung hood vut fr-"

"Don't talk with a full mouth."

"*Swallow*. I said it's coming along good but I can't seem to get its efficiency above Eighty Seven percent and I need it to be at least Ninety Three." said Chase before taking another bite of his pasta.

"Eh, about how bad is it leaking?" said Mary finally eating her plate of pasta.

"Not bad enough." said Chase taking another fork full, "It sort of has that Ghost Rider flame trail look to it but that's just losing more energy than what's being put in and if that's the case then I never be able the a copyright on the technique."

"Technique? Why not the technology?" Mary asked taking a bite.

"Well the technology is pretty much taken comparatively but what I hoping for is to do is apply it to something a bit smaller." *takes a bite giving time for a small pause* "Roller blades."

"Roller blades?" Mary asked skeptically.

"Yep." *takes another bite* "I've seen how long it takes for you to change from your shoes to your roller blades and back again," *takes a bite* "and after some thought and some research I came up with shoes with magic wheels in their soles. You just think about it, apply manna to your shoes and *boom* instant wheels."

"Sounds neat. Then why are you working on that bike?" *Takes a bite*

"*Sigh* That's because it's harder than it sounds. I tried going straight with the shoes but that didn't turn out so well. Remember when I hurt my shoulder", pointing to his left shoulder "and I told you I slipped?"

"Yeah."

"Well I didn't lie but didn't tell the truth either. It kind of failed measurably."

"You've been on it for that long and never told me."

"Hey, man's pride and all that. So since then I decided to work with something bigger first so I grabbed my grandpa (God rest his soul) 's old smog maker and began modifying it. Germany has the main staple on transportation by magic but those are more like rockets and what not. What I've been able to do is create an entire wheel of energy and if I get it to work better large scale I just might get the right and the funding for roller blades which can work with all types...well, not physical or space, they can just run or teleport."

"And all that for watching me. What am I, your muse?" said with a smirk.

"Muse. Partner. Assistant. Secretary. Lab Rat. Best Friend. Call it how you wish."

"Lab Rat?"

"Yep. Now if your not going to finish that, can I have it?" asked Chase pointing from his empty bowl to Mary's half finished one.

"Huh, when you finish?"

"Some time ago. Now are you done? We've got some shopping to do."

"I'll finish it, just hold on."

Mary quickly finished her plate quickly, paid the bill with tip before leaving to get next weeks food.
Kung_Fu_Master

Postby Masquerade1412 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:40 am

Jaster softly placed his bag on the floor and pulled out a thin, black notebook. He opened it up and, after checking his pencil for lead, started writing:

What's lost is lost,
What's done is done.
No matter how hard you try,
the past can't be outrun...?

"...No, that won't work..." he thought. He ripped the page out, threw it in the trash can, and tried again:

No matter what you have bought,
no matter what you have done,
no matter how hard you try,
one cannot go on alone.

"...Better..." Jaster took the page out, folded it in half, and, pulling a tack from a drawer, placed it on the wall. The newly created poem blended into the wall, which was almost completely covered in pages of all shapes and colors.

"Alright, now that that's finished, time to study!" He replaced the notebook in his school bag and pulled out a slightly thicker, white notebook. He turned to the 12th page and read over the page slowly. "...This test might be harder than I thought...but no matter! I just have to study a little longer!" Jaster turned the page, but his thoughts repeated a single thought: "Just a little longer...a little longer..."

Jaster pulled out the black notebook, forcing the thought onto the papers within.
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Finally Ai could bear it no longer. Pushing herself away from her desk, she got up and ran out of her dorm and into the halls.

She didn't stop untill she was outside and running across the grass. She sat down under a nearby tree and let the music of the guitar wash over her. It reminds me so much of...Dad. A lone tear trickled down her cheek as she remembered.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Ally-Ann » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Nina walked down down the sidewalk outside her apartment complex before walking towards her apartment's door and opening it. She walked inside, half hoping that her parents didn't notice her, half hoping they would ask her how school was that day. But as usual, they just glanced at her as she walked past them and towards her room.
"Jerks." Nina mumbled.
"What was that?" Came the gruff reply from her dad.
"Nothing." Nina mumbled again before marching into her room and slamming the door. She sat on her bed and pulled out the books she had to study for a test she was going to be taking. After five seconds of looking at them, she got up from her bed and walked over to a canvas that had half a picture of the view outside her window painted on it. She sighed and, deciding she wasn't in the mood for painting, grabbed her wallet and walked out of her room, back down the hall towards the front door.
"Where do you think you're going?" Her mother asked sharply.
"For a walk." Nina replied dully before opening the door and walking out and down the sidewalk. She opened her wallet and looked to see how much money she had inside of it. 'Five dollars... I could buy some dinner, maybe, then I might have enough for some fabric at the fabric store.' Nina thought before turning a corner, heading towards a fast-food joint. 'What kind of a meal can a few dollars pay for, though?' She thought again. She could probably get a small meal with that amount, and maybe a drink with it. She kept walking down the sidewalk and further into the city, wondering what life was like for other kids her age.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:48 pm

Despite being the late afternoon, the bright spring sun was still hovering in the turqoise sky. Mia let the wind dance around her as she stared from the top of the giant skyscraper that she called home.

"Mia! Where are you?"

"Up here Daddy!"

Lee peered out his daughter's window to find the little girl on the rooftop area they had designed for her to play in. They had learned through testing in the womb that Mia would be predeposed for wind magic; and she couldn't get enough of it.

"Daddy!"

The young girl leapt down and threw her arms around him. He held her close and pecked her on the forehead.

"Is Mommy coming home tonight?"

"She should be walking through the door at any moment."

She eagerly jumped down and plopped on NANO, Lee's Magictech, and began to hover around the room and fly down the stairs. Lee chuckled and followed behind.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Ally-Ann » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:53 pm

Nina kept walking down the sidewalk before noticing a little girl on a rooftop. Nina stopped walking and stared at the girl with a bored look, but widened her eyes slightly when she saw the girl jump from the roof and into her dad's arms. Nina resumed her usual bored look and started walking again. 'She looks happy...' She thought with slight jealousy, sighing. 'Ah, whatever. I guess there're people who are worse off than me.' Nina looked around for any cheap restaraunts, but even most of the fast-food joints were a bit too pricey for a few dollars. Getting a, what she thought to be, great idea, she decided that she might be able to haggle a price at a bar. 'Heh. Most of the people there are probably so drunk they forget the value of money. I could get a good meal there.' Nina thought before grinning, proud of herself for being resourceful. She cut through a dark alley as a shortcut, and spotted a cheap-looking bar. Cautiously, she walked inside and eyed almost everyone there as she walked up to the counter and sat on a chair.
"Well, well. Is it just me, or do we have a minor at this bar?" The bartender said with a side-ways smile. Nina just scowled and looked at the menu.
"You got anything for three dollars or less?" She asked with a straight face. The bartender and two men sitting beside her gave hearty laughs.
"Yeah. Bread 'n' water!" He said before laughing again. "Listen, sweetie, you're a little young to be in here. Just scoot on outta here before I have to get mean and come back in about seven years." Nina growled. She forgot that the bartender would probably be the only one who wasn't drunk. He runs the place, for Pete's sake.
"I'm not leaving until I get something to eat. I know you guys have something here that's three dollars. Surely there is." Nina said with a low voice.
"Now, you can leave here on your own, or I can have those two throw you out." The bartender said, pointing to two brute-looking men that were just a few feet away from Nina.
"But it's not like I'm purchasing any alcohol! Even bread is fine!" Nina nearly yelled before a man who appeared to be drunk stood up from his booth and walked towards.
"'S this brat givin' you a hard time?" He said in between hiccups.
'He looks like trouble.' Nina thought, standing up from her stool, ready to make any escapes if necessarry.
"Yeah, but she's just a kid. Let her be." The bartender said. Apparently, that wasn't enough for the drunk man to stop and grabbed Nina by the collar of her shirt and pinned her up against a wall.
"I'm gonna make you regret leaving me, Martha." The man said, his eyes unfocused, the wreak of alcohol all over him.
"Wha... Martha? I'm not Martha! You've got the wrong person! Let me go!" Nina said in a low, but panicked voice.
"Ain't nowhere to run." The man said in a menacing voice, a maniacal smile creeping across his face. Nina's eyes widened as looked at everyone for some sort of help. She looked at the bartender, but all he did was shrug.
"Hey, you shouldn't have been here in the first place." He said as he started drying wet, clean glass. 'This was a bad idea...' Nina thought, her hand slowly creeping into her pocket for her air blade, only to find it wasn't there. 'Blast! I left the freakin' thing at home!' Nina screamed inwardly as she tried to break away from the man's grasp.

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:54 am

OOC: Alrighty, except for some tweaking the end for this chapter has been designed (I'll say it's 70% because some things still need fixing) and all it will need is at least eight characters (That's mine two and six others) though there can (and hopefully will) others to help so I'll be dropping some hints (as subtly as I can) on the events to come.

@Ally-Ann: Do you need help or does Nina have it handled? If she does need help I'd be willing to help but only if I can also control the bartender and drunk. I promise I won't be a marty sue in your face. On the other hand that she has the controls....Good Luck *Salutes*
Kung_Fu_Master

Postby Ally-Ann » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:23 pm

@Kung Fu Master: I think Nina needs some help. She's not exactly the brightest crayon in the coloring box. :3 (Nina: You created me. Me: Shut up.)

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:19 pm

OOC: Let's see if can do this without messing up.

IC:

The day for Mary and Chase went as expected....mostly.

"Why do you keep buying only instant stuff?"

"Because I can't cook and it's better than most of the stuff you make."

"Well, excuse me for only knowing recipes for chicken."

"Your excused."

"Why you!!"

As did most shopping days go for these two. Mary and Chase had been friends since they first meet~

"GET OFF MY HEAD WILD WOMAN!"

Even if at times they didn't seem like it. This is how they have always been, pushing and pulling, both wanting each other to be at their best.

"OW!! That's my ear."

God help them both.

Later, after the fiasco was over:

"It's almost seven. You might want to start heading back." a concerned Chase told his friend.

"You sure you got everything?"

"Yeah, yeah. Sure, sure. Well, there was....naw."

"What? What is it?"

"Well, I need some parts for the bike but my not be able to find them so~"

"Your not thinking of going there again, are you?"

"No problem, no problem. Jerry's a nice enough guy (If you pay) and he knows a lot of places to get you what you need (Even if it's sometimes illegal). The only problems are the costumers and I can beat all of them with hands tied behind my back so I can take care this by myself."

"Yeah, but knowing you you'd create three or four more magic hands to compensate."

"Ah, you caught me." Chase said holding both bag filled hands in response.

"I guess it doesn't matter." Mary shrugged. "So you want me back at ten or eleven?"

"Um, neither. I'll just be getting up by then. I'll say around one or so so that I'm actually mentally up."

"Alright then. Just try not to get in a fight in the first place."

"I can do what I want mom." *Joke smile*

"Heh. Why did I ever adopt? And you for that matter?" Mary smiled back.

The friend waved goodbye and began in their separate directions. For Mary a short walk towards the brightly lite area of the school dorms, for Chase a long couple of jumps to the less bright parts of the city until he found it. A small bar with a hanging sign that read 'The Black Unicorn' in purple neon lights above the door. Yep, this was the right place. And then Chase went through.

The people inside eyed the boy shortly before returning to how they were, some laughed before doing so, though two people , A man and a younger (much younger) woman appeared to be having a fight about something, and the man was winning because the girl was being held against the wall. That didn't matter though because Chase was here to see one man and one man only if he could help it.

"JERRY!" and he had found him in his usual place.

"CJ. Long time no see. How'd you been." A man in about his thirties answered from behind the counter. He's the bartender for those that don't know.

"Not that bad, but I know you know why I'd be here in the first place."

"Need some help?"

"And some legal ones. I almost lost my license because of that prank of yours."

"Alright I got yah, but you know the rules. Is it just me, or do we have a minor at this bar?"

"I bring no trouble upon my back and no harm in my hands. I know that any knowledge from here to leave my mouth when outside this room will follow by having the flame in my heart to be snuffed." Said with a straight face.

"Pff~Same as always. Can I take your order then?"

"I'll have a plasma energy converter or a magic clearance diffuser. For now either one can be normal sized but I'd also like to see if I can get either one the size of a fingernail."

"Eh, that's a tall order. Like me check with the chef and see what he can do. You'll want this on your tab again, right?"

"Can't do it any other way at the moment."

Jerry simply shrugged before leaning over a small computer and began typing away. As Chase waited his attention toward the couple (At least he hoped they were, even if the girl was younger than him.) from which odd noises began to be emerge.

'She has her reasons for being here.' Chase thought to himself. 'She should have known the risks. Eh, I'd do something but only if she had of asked for~"

"[SIZE="1"]Help[/SIZE]." and she did. It was quite but she did.

"*Sigh*. Excuse me for a second Jer." Chase told the bartender as he put down his bags of food grabbing and opening a packet of instant noddles from it and walked towards the two.

"I wouldn't." Jerry replied.

"Don't worry. I won't try to brake anything and if I do....put them on his bill instead."

"Alright but you know I can't do that last part."

Chase gave another sigh before walking to the man and tapping him on the shoulder.

"Excuse me sir."

"What da*hiccup* U wan?" the drunk turned and asked.

"Terribly sorry for interrupting the talk you and your wife [Yeah right] were having but it appears you dropped this." Chase held out his left hand. In it was a bundle of dried packaged instant noodles.

"What*H'up* is that?"

"It's small..but I think it's your brain." Small bits of laughter could clearly be heard from the costumers and bartender alike.

"Why you~" the drunk released the girl his clutches allowing her to fall, if a bit roughly, to the ground as the man turned and tried to swing his right fist upon Chase.

'Okay, defiantly drunk.' Chase thought quickly, 'So that means his balance way off. Best coarse of action: 1. Duck under and to the left of the punch, 2. Hit him in the stomach, a magic punch would be quicker and more effective. 3. After quickly chop on the back of his neck. Result: Blacked out drunk guy.'

And so it happened...almost. Although it occurred the same way, the point between three and result had a needed extra number four. After the chop on the neck the drunk man did not instantly drop but instead did four one footed jumps forward, tried to turn around before blacking out...falling backwards...towards a table.

"Oh Je~" with no time to waste Chase shot as many arms as he could (Six or eight, I never really thought on the true amount.) around the man's torso and began to pull. "M~ A~Knee~," before the man came and fell forward...on the floor, "CRICKET!"

A small round of applause roared before stopping as quickly as it started.

'That was harder than it should of been.' Again Chase thought to himself Oh, I forgot step fou-,em five: check on girl. If she's pretty, hit on her.'

"Miss," getting the girl's attention. "The black butterfly is coming. Covered in it's own blood it rides the winds of change, taking all who see it and wish for this change with her.

The girl looked confused. She would be after something like that.

"Miss," Chase tried again. "I asked 'Are you were alright?'"

.................................................................................

OOC: Long post is long, hints dropped, if there are any questions ask but I'll have to answer them later. I'm going to bed.
Kung_Fu_Master

Postby Ally-Ann » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:40 am

It happened so fast to Nina. One minute she was being held up against a wall by a drunk, the next she was dropped to the floor by said drunk and watched the boy who looked a couple years older than her knock him out. Nina was still sitting on the floor, stunned from earlier's actions.
"Miss," the boy said, getting Nina's attention. "The black butterfly is coming. Covered in its own blood, it rides the wind of change, taking all who see and wish for this change with her." Nina gave her savior a confused look.
'What on earth does he mean?' Nina thought.
"Miss," he said once more. " I asked if you were alright." Nina stood up and brushed herself off before straightening the bunched part of her collar where the drunk had grabbed her.
"I'm fine. Thanks for saving me, I guess." Nina said, trying to keep her voice from shaking as well as trying to keep its usual, bored tone. Even though she had been the damsel in distress just a minute before, she didn't want anyone thinking that she was weak. She just forgot her magitech at home, that's all. Otherwise she could've beaten the drunk hands-down. But she was unfortunate, yet lucky, at the same time. She forgot her magitech and made a stupid decision to look for cheap food at a bar, but luckily, she had been saved before a drunk beat her half to death. 'I suppose I should ask him his name. He just saved me, for Pete's sake.' Nina thought. She looked the boy in the eye, letting the slightest hint of curiosity cross her face.
"What's your name?" She asked.

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:05 am

Ally-Ann (post: 1487161) wrote:"I'm fine. Thanks for saving me, I guess."

"What's your name?" She asked.

*Sigh* 'She didn't state her name first..guess she's not interested, and electric blue is such a hard hair color to find now a days. Oh well. What type of man would I be if I didn't answer the question...The type of man to be kicked in the back of the head by Mary, that's who.' Chase thought to himself, rubbing the back of his head.

"Well, I can't give out my full name but I can say my initials are C and J. And before you give me yours, you shouldn't say it here. Plus you'll want to start leaving now. This isn't really the place for kids." Chase said turning around and began towards the bar before stopping again.

"Oh, and two words of advice." He said without turning around, only holding up his right hand in a fist.

"First," only holding up his index finger. "Never leave your magitech at home. Ever."

"And second," extending his middle finger with the index to form a 'V' "When Heaven arrives, watch for the black and red butterfly. I'll be there and so will many others. Our destinies will change largely when she falls." regaining his walk towards the the bar, not turning unless the girl said something.

"Hey Jerry. My order up yet?"

OOC: And just incase your wondering, No Chase has no clue he's saying anything about a butterfly. As far he knows for the second part he said 'Never walk into a dark place.'

There is a reason for this.
Kung_Fu_Master

Postby Ally-Ann » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:02 pm

"I'm not that much younger than you." Nina mumbled when the boy said that the bar wasn't a place for kids. And after the last thing he stated, Nina raised an eyebrow. 'This guy's interesting. But of all places to meet. A bar. Sheesh.' Nina thought as she sighed. She knew C.J. was right, but there wasn't really anywhere else to eat... that was safe, at least. 'A bar would be safe for someone like me if I had my magitech. I could go get my magitech and come back here, but I don't want anyone here to think I'm a fruit cake. Meh. Whatever.' Nina thought. 'I should give C.J. my initials, but I don't want to be too obvious about it.' Suddenly, Nina spotted a piece of blank scrap paper and she saw a pen on the counter that was most likely for signing reciepts and checks. She took the piece of scrap paper and the and briskly walked towards the pen before picking it up and scribbling her first name across in cursive. How many people can read when they're drunk, let alone cursive? Nina inched towards C.J. and handed him the piece of paper.
"Here. I hope you can read cursive." Nina said.

-------------------------------------
-Melany-

Melany turned her music off and looked out the window. 'It's nearly dark out. Time for a little fun.' Melany thought as she walked out of her room and bounded down the stairs.
"Melany, where are you going? It's getting dark outside." Melany's mother said upon noticing her daughter head for the front door.
"For a little walk. I won't be gone long." Melany said in a rush.
"All right, but be careful!" Melany's mother said.
"Chill, mom. I'm fifteen." Melany said before walking out the door. She wasn't going to go far, but she wanted to go somewhere secluded, especially if it was a god view for viewing any heat lightning there might be. She had just recieved her magitech the day before and she wanted to get some practice time in when it was dark. 'Dark+lightning= one heck of a light show.' Melany thought, heading for a hill she saw that was a ways from the buildings. She climbed up the long hill and sat down on the grass, hoping there would be heat lightning that night.
"Come on already. We haven't had heat lightning in forever." Melany said to herself. After thirty minutes of not seeing any lightning, Melany grumbled and stood up. 'At least I get to practice with this.' Melany thought as she pulled her taser gun. 'But what do I shoot it at? I don't wanna set a tree on fire.... I could just shoot at the ground, I guess.' Melany switched her taser gun on and focused some her energy through it, resulting in lightning shooting out one end and onto the ground. It wasn't a strong bolt. It just scorched the grass slightly, but that was enough to make Melany grin. 'I love this thing already.'

OOC: Haha. I almost forgot about poor Melany. =3

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:19 pm

"Order Up. C.J." the bartender said handing the boy a small ticket who took and read it.

*CRACK*

'Two hundred.' Chase thought, 'Two hundred dollars...and I already know this place...so much waste...I owe way to much as it is and even if I do get a proper company after school if I keep going like this I'll have too much debt to live naturally.'

*Sigh*

"If it's the amount you're worried about, I could pull some strings."

This raised Chase's hopes as well as his head.

"You see the girl from before."

Chase looked. She was writing something down on a piece of paper. Turning back to Jerry Chase nodded.

"She came in here not long before you came in looking for some food while only having five bucks at hand."

"That wasn't the brightest move."

"Tell me about it, and I have a felling she's going to try it again."

"That your spidy sense telling you that."

"I'd rather call it a bartender sense, but anyways, if you could keep her from getting killed or worse, I could take that most resent access off for you."

"You planed that amount on me didn't you. I knew it was too much."

"Oh you know me too well."

"You're such a nice guy" sarcasm.

Suddenly a tap rapped on Chase's shoulder. The blue haired girl from before stood there holding out a piece of paper.

Ally-Ann (post: 1487192) wrote:"Here. I hope you can read cursive." Nina said.

He grabbed the piece and said.

"Those who can't are illiterate," getting angry eyes piercing his back, "O-or, um, you know, j-just drunk, Hehe."

'Let's see, Nella, no Nalla, um Illia, No no it's Nina. Nina is her name.'

"Well 'N', 'J'man here says your hungry and lack payment. Being the gentleman I am I give you two, no, three opinions to save your life.

One. I could give you some money and let you be on your way.

Two. I could take you were you want to go and pay for it myself leaving you with what money you have.

Or three. Come over to my place and let me cook for you saving us both money. Though that's probably the worst option because all you'd get is instant noodles.

So?"
Kung_Fu_Master

Postby Ally-Ann » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Nina's eyes widened, forgetting to keep her expression neutral. Was this guy seriously being this generous to her? She mulled the options over in her head, thinking of each one's benefits. The first option seemed a little shallow to take, even for Nina. The second one was good, but Nina would still feel like she was completely free-loading. She was apathetic. Not a free-loader. She decided that the third one would be the best. Not only would both of them be saving money and she be getting, in her oppinion since she usually ate plain sandwiches if she ever ate, good food, she would might get to know someone that for once actually cared, if a little, about what happened to her. 'And if someone actually gives a slight care about me, that person is definitely worth knowing.' Nina's soft said thought, not able to recall the last person who was nice to her. That benefit was probably too deep for the third choice, but it didn't matter to Nina.
"I'll go with the third option." Nina said, a smile gracing her lips for the first time in what seemed like ages.

OOC: It's hard to keep her in character. >:3 (Nina: Again, you're the one who created me. Me: Again, shut up.)

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:44 pm

"I'll go with the third option." the girl, Nina, said with a smile of an angel.

*CRA~ck*

'Great. I real~ly should have made a fourth option, like 'Let me help you find a place for under five dollars'. Stupid, third option, stupid, stupid, she never should have chosen that. AH~, but with a face like that I can't back down now. Just my misfortune.'

"[SIZE="1"]Mary's going to kill me if she finds out.[/SIZE] *Sigh*" Chase said as quietly as possible before turning to grab his stuff.
We interrupt this program for an important announcement. A blond haired, brown eyed girl in a school dorm just sneezed.

"ACHOO~!"

That is all. We now return to the regular madness, still in progress.
"Thanks for the help Jer. And you better keep that promise."

"Don't worry. I'm a man of my word."

That just made Chase even more worried. He soon shook it off and grabbed his and stuff give the girl a "Let's get going then." and left out the door.

Minutes past as Chase walk towards the familiar light path of home only checking every few moments to see if the girl, Nina, was still there before stopping and turning to her.

"Now that we're out of that shadow district I'd like to finally fully introduce myself.

I am Chase Johnson, Subject name: Dream Maker. I am an A class stardust mage as well as a Magitech designer and builder and run a small company for testing these models. I have big dreams for my future on which I'm already on the road of.

And you are?" said as gracefully as possible but still a form of arrogance leaked.
Kung_Fu_Master

Postby Ally-Ann » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Nina's eyes showed slight admiration as Chase formally introduced himself... Before he said, "And you are?" Nina could hear the slight arrogance and her eyebrow twitched slightly as her the corner of her mouth twitched upward a bit.
"I'm Nina Mcknight. I'm a C class air type, my alias is Storm Unknown, and I... make and modify clothes and... paint." Nina said, mumbling the last few parts and blushing slightly with a straight face at how lame they sounded compared to Chase. 'Jeez, this guy is extremely smart. He's probably even a genius. And his own company? That's not something I would expect out of anyone until they're at least in their late twenties... Unless Chase is actually in his twenties and just looks young for his age. I doubt it, though.' Nina thought. "And my dream... is to amount to something more than what everyone believes me capable of, even if I'm beaten down."

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:48 pm

ooc: Hey guys, I might have to drop out of this RP, since I have no idea what to do with my character, and I'm having trouble keeping up with all these long posts. @_@
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:23 pm

Diamond Dragon (post: 1487320) wrote:ooc: Hey guys, I might have to drop out of this RP, since I have no idea what to do with my character, and I'm having trouble keeping up with all these long posts. @_@

I'd hate to see you go but if that's the case then that's the case. However, If it's just the fact that you think you're missing out on some info from my post...you're really not. All I've been saying so far is Beware the Black Butterfly over and over and she won't be coming in until some other people start giving there characters more life so I can better create the villains of this series. But it is what it is. Take care.

IC:
Ally-Ann (post: 1487304) wrote:"I'm Nina Mcknight. I'm a C class air type, my alias is Storm Unknown, and I... make and modify clothes and... paint.

And my dream... is to amount to something more than what everyone believes me capable of, even if I'm beaten down."

"Well now, I think that's a wonderful dream. Now we might want to pick up our pace and I'm afraid your dinner will have to be short. We wouldn't want your parents worrying about a young girl such as yourself being out late even if it is a Friday." Chase responded in a cheerful and respectful tone.

'Maybe she can help me and Mary on some things but I wouldn't want to seem forceful. Let's see how dinner turns out. Mary needs some friends besides me anyways.' Chase thought turning and picking up speed to get back home before it got too dark for Nina's return trip to her home.
Kung_Fu_Master

Postby Ally-Ann » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:36 am

Nina nodded. "M'kay." She said simply. 'Heh. My parents don't give a care where I am on any night of the week. Ah, well.' Nina thought as she followed Chase towards his home. She didn't really feel the need to tell anyone that her relationship with her parents sucked because she didn't want anyone to pity her. She had shelter, clothes, and a bed. Plus, she even went to school. 'That's really all I need. Fondness and relationships are nice things, I guess, but it's not really necessarry in life.' Nina lied to herself. 'But I wonder what made Chase want to save me.' Sure, she had called for help, bt that was more of an automatic reaction. Since Nina had grown up thinking she didn't really need to care about anyone but herself, it seemed odd for someone to go against what she believed to be common sense. Doing her best not to show much, if any, curiosity, Nina decided to ask Chase just that.
"I was wondering. Back at the bar, why did you stop that guy? I mean, there were other people that could've helped. One of 'em would have, I'm sure." Nina said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Melany-

Melany looked over her taser gun again. 'So that's how this thing works. Converts my energy into lightning. This thing could be useful.' Melany thought. Then she a bright idea. 'Heh heh. Yeah, it'll be bright, all right.' She held her taser gun up over her head, pointing the end to the sky and focusing a good amount of energy into it. Just as Melany was hoping, this sent a large bolt of lightning into the clouds, said lightning shooting throughout a small portion of the clouds like veins. Melany took her taser gun and put it back into her pocket, grinning. 'That was epic.' Melany thought.
Feeling weak all of a sudden (Probably from the amount of energy she used), Melany thought she should probably head back home. Walking down the hill, Melany wondered if she would actually ever need her magitech. 'Such a dangerous weapon, but I doubt I'll ever need it.' Melany thought, taking once last glance at the sky.

OOC: Someone's just a liiiittle crazy. (Melany: You want a piece of me?! Me: Bring it, sister! Melany and Nina: *Tackles me*)

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:57 am

ooc: Maybe you need an eraser Ally....
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Ally-Ann » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:00 am

OOC: XD Sorry. I tried to make my post short, honest! It's just impossible for me. ;_;

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:26 am

ooc: I didn't mean your post! I mean for your characters in case they get out of line! XD
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Ally-Ann » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:40 pm

OOC: Hey, that's not a bad idea... (Nina: *Turns to Diamond Dragon* Great. now look what you've done. Melany: She's probably gonna-- Me: *Erases Nina's and Melany's mouths* Mwahahaha...)

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:22 pm

Ally-Ann (post: 1487805) wrote:"I was wondering. Back at the bar, why did you stop that guy? I mean, there were other people that could've helped. One of 'em would have, I'm sure."

"No, they wouldn't have."Chase said, still walking forward and not looking at Nina.

"There are only two things you can do at a bar. Get drunk or get info. The people that are getting info might care but the drunks don't. All they care about are getting so smashed that they forget their problems. They have no time to worry about some girl who came hoping for some cheap food, which was a real stupid move if you ask me. If someone like me hadn't of been there who knows what may have happened."

Chase paused to let his words sink in but kept on walking without turning back.

"But as for your first question. It's my belief that if someone asks for help and they truly mean it, then there should be no reason not to. You asked for help, so I helped, simple as that. Now, just be glad I heard you or I probably wouldn't have."

"Ah, here we go. Home sweet workshop home." Arriving at the suburban house were Chase lived. "It's small but the rents paid by my government founding with enough to help run my business while my designs pay for the food. Not the best but it's okay for one person at least." Unlocking the door and walking inside to prepare dinner.
Kung_Fu_Master

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:34 pm

OOC: Sorry about my absence you guys. New job. But I'm back. Oh and Miss Ally, you can go to my charas for help. :)

Ramona whipped up to the large corporation with the motor and its horses still blazing; amongst her flaws, a fast devil-may-care approach to driving was one of them. She hadn't even shut the door and set the alarm when a fast moving blur caught the corner of her eye and rushed into her arms.

"Mommy! Mommy!"

Her cold, businesslike voice changed completely. She quickly apologized to the associate on the phone and hung up. Her attention was about her little girl.

"Mia! Did you have fun while I was gone?"

"No. I missed you; it was so wretchedly lonely without you."

"I see Daddy has been letting you read more lately."

"Yeah but I have been with him in the lab more though. He's been busier with the new account."

"Look at my little girl!"

She kissed her cheek and squeezed her tight. Lee had made it down by that time, coming over and kissing his wife. She leaned into his hug and blushed. Mia only chuckled and moved in between them trying to ride on Lee's shoulders.

"How was Toyko?"

"Good. We got the magic expansion we were going for."

"And Asaka Yamada?"

"Coming around..."

He smiled; Rae was worn out and trying to hide her frustration. Mia had leapt down and had wondered further down the drive.

"Everything okay?"

Rae looked up at him and shook her head.

"Yamada has just advanced to an A class...things are starting to get messy. He challenged me..."

"Company wise?"

"Yes...and more."

"Did you hurt him?"

"No....not that badly. I tried not to...but you know what happens when I lose a grip on my temper..."

"Rae...."

"He'll be fine."

"Are YOU okay?"

"I'll call the physician once Mia is asleep."

"Jeez...I'll be gray in a year if you keep this up."

"You'd look good though."

"Funny...c'mon let's go eat."

"Alright. Mia, lets go inside....Mia? Mia!?!"

They both looked around; no trace of Mia in sight.

"Mia!!!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The wind was calling her somewhere. Before she even realized it, Mia had already danced away from Leviathan and into the town. Before she noticed it, it had become dark and she found herself in a maze of alleyways and buildings. Fear took over her lighthearted curiosity. She had left her Magictech at home; suddenly she felt lost, scared, and powerless.

"Hello...? Someone...?"
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying