working title:of saints and sinners.

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

working title:of saints and sinners.

Postby diton 13 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:46 am

i am not recruiting yet i just want to get some opinions on this idea.

it is the year 2014 and everything was going fine.in fact they are very close to proving that there is a afterlife.behind a safe with a combination so impossible to figure out is proof that the events in the bible took place.it is a joyous day for all christians.for we will soon be able to say: "HA WE WERE RIGHT!" to the atheists.meanwhile up in heaven archangel michael has discovered a horrible plot you see the reason the safe is impossible to open is because a "sin charge" is behind it.(a sin charge is a blast of invisible energy that causes people to sin...it can even summon demons...and they don't exist in real life)archangel michael fearful that the human race could be destroyed by such sin.has started operation A.D.T (angelic.dna.transmutation) to give humans the power to fight back with the power of angels...or to be exact half the power of angels(angels are sinless but humans are so a human with full angel powers might backfire.)so they paired up worthy humans with saints and given them powerful weapons to fight back.however this sin charge is very powerful and there is no telling what it could do to the normal human.

to sum it up we just play as humans with a guardian angel backing us up with powers normal humans don't have like say...aquakinesis,pyrokinesis(my friends didn't know what this is so just in case this is fire powers),electrokinesis,earth powers,(i couldn't think of a kinesis name for earth powers.)psychic(you know like mind manipulation and all that stuff)super human(super speed and power and all that stuff)wind redirection...and thats all i got so far if anyone can think of some new ones it would be nice.we get weapons like swords,shields(as a weapon),guns,lances,axes,staffs,fists(these are hand weapons hence the name fists...yeah my friends didn't know what this was either)knifes,and whatever you can think of.

so thats my idea and by the way the name is just a working title if anyone has a better name please tell me.so lets see what you think.
yo uuummm.
cartman:kyles mom is the biggest..
me:sut up cartman you wanna get me banned?
cartman:stupid author....
kenny::dance::dance::dance:
me::bootout:
kenny::comp:
diton 13

Postby Wind » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:30 pm

diton this particular Idea could get into some pretty touchy areas as far as the mods and admins are concerned why don't you ask them for advice and maybe read the FAQs on RPGS
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:03 pm

I am locking this thread because this RPG would not be approved on theological grounds. Let me attempt to explain a number of elements that I find concerning. These are not meant to condemn you, but I do hope they lead you to rethink things.

1) The idea of science proving religion aside, I don't think it would be healthy to be smug about it.

2) Treating elements of Christianity such as angels like super powers helps to make them seem trivial and fake.

3) Be cautious of efforts to make Christian life into an action story. Christians are called to give of ourselves in order to do good in the world - we don't do ourselves any favors by attempting to glamorize this calling.
uc pseudonym

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying