Greetings Fellow Christian Anime Lovers!!!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Greetings Fellow Christian Anime Lovers!!!

Postby TankCR » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:13 pm

Greetings All,
My Wife and I have loved anime for years now and are always running into the difficult decisions of what do we allow into our home. We have two boys and have had to stop series on more than one occasion because the content escalated, or the swearing was just to much. Case-in-point "One Piece", we started this one because it is considered a child friendly anime in Japan, and our friends in Japan suggested it for our kids.
So many times an amazing story, which amazing music and art work is ruined by the unethical content they have thrown in.
I was excited to find a place where fellow Christians who also love anime can gather and discuss the very things that both interest and concern me! I am really looking forward to getting involved, sharing the anime I love, and finding out the anime you all do as well!!!
As a side note my Wife and I are actually in the process right now of getting approved and heading into the field as Missionaries to Japan of all places!!!
//TankCR//
TankCR

Re: Greetings Fellow Christian Anime Lovers!!!

Postby shooraijin » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:51 pm

Welcome. Some of our members have rather substantial experience in Japan (Kaori and some others come to mind). Congratulations on your appointment to the missions field.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Re: Greetings Fellow Christian Anime Lovers!!!

Postby Daka_Suta » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:18 am

Hi!

Wow, I hope you and your wife where approved to go. I totally agree with you concerning the content that a lot of anime has that can't just sit well with any Christian who really loves God and wants to live a life where He rules and his temple (our body, according to Peter) is clean. I know I am just a newbie, just joined yesterday of this reply, but welcome all the same or rather it would be better if I said "nice to meet you" since you have been here far longer than I lol

- Daka
Daka_Suta

Return to Who's Who