My bio or something like that

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

My bio or something like that

Postby Lochaber Axe » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:39 pm

Well since I got the time to right this and just for those that haven't heard about me on Welcoming Area.

I am Lochaber Axe...eh... I've been using that name to many times. *ahem* My real name is Adam (but can you be sure??? :eyebrow: )
Anywhos Im a high school white American guy of the age of 17.

One more year and I am 18!! BOOYAH!!! :dance:

Yeesh... I need to go on with this. Well I enjoy surfing the net, reading, and playing video games (not recently though since I had borrowed a ps2 and now I have Dark Cloud 2 and LOTR: The Two Towers glowering above me :( ) And if you haven't been to my other thread on Welcoming Area I am a medieval weapons ethusiast. Check the name.

Later.
Lochaber Axe

Postby Michael » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:34 pm

Dark Cloud 2 gets a whole lot better after the scond chapter. Trust me. :thumb:
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Razgriz » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:43 pm

Nice to meet ya!
Razgriz

Postby Lochaber Axe » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:25 pm

Okay, Im a little confused about you two. I happen to take a look on the new guy Kenshin and some of the other newbies such as myself and I find you two predominately welcoming us. Is there a inside joke here?

Don't mean to be critical just wondering whatsup?

On a other note, I have actually beaten both of those games and you are right about the first being a little so so. Of course, my favorite part was when the ship transformed. I have only one word to describe my surprise...MECHA!!!!! It was freakin cool. :rock:
Lochaber Axe

Postby Razgriz » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:29 pm

I am an automatic response bot, press 1 for combat mode, press 2 to hear all the welcome messages, press 3 for self destruct. Thank you and have a nice day.

Just kidding.

Yeah, I have a T1 line, and no one else has either seen the post or have the time to respond as of yet I'm guessing.
Razgriz

Postby inkjet1987 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:05 pm

Those are both really awsome games! :rock:
inkjet1987

Postby Rashiir » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:43 pm

Welcome!
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby true_noir_chloe » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:54 am

Hi, :cool: what do you usually read... :eyebrow: Adam? Do you read mangas?

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:42 am

Gee... I was expecting something like:

I was born in the highlands of scotland 300 years ago...

Then some fancy metal by Queen, or something...
Mithrandir

Postby Neko_Neko » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:54 am

Well, welcome to you! :grin: Hope you have fun lookin' around . . . Don't worry, we're nice to n3wbies . . . they taste g00d . . . (I am one, I should know! *gnaw*)
~* Sesqupediliphobianism is the fear of long words *~
The fear of the Lord is the beggining of knowledge. :hug:
Neko_Neko

Postby Lochaber Axe » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:42 pm

Okay lets try this: Scottish dialect Ach me old philosopher pal, youd be a right ol chap. I wes brn on the year of our lord 1346, I wes a vassle for my lord McGoogle. I wes kilt in battle on the eve of 1367.

I hope that didn't sound more like a Irishman, Wot Wot. *cough* Sorry about all that nonsense. Actually Chloe I have read some Manga. The only ones Iv really read were one Ragnorak and *cough* GTO. Yes I know about the perverted aspect of GTO so no need to tell me about it. *phew* I haven't had the time or money to invest in Manga or anime for that matter. :sniffle:
Lochaber Axe

Postby Technomancer » Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:16 pm

Hm. Lochaber...or is it Duncan? How do you do?
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Lochaber Axe » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:07 pm

That reminds me of that show about the immortals that had to cut each other heads off. I know thats very strange, but if I remember right wasn't the main guy's name a Duncan McCloud or something like that? :eyebrow:

The name is either LA (abbreviation; for i feel a little lazy right now) or my real name of Adam. And I promise to never speak Scottish unless by popular demand. :grin:

And just fine how are you? :sweat:
Lochaber Axe

Postby Technomancer » Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:19 pm

Got it, it was oldphil's bit about Queen that brought it up. A strong advertisment for Canadian television that show is not. The first movie was kind of cool, but it went downhill from there (hell, it might have been the only half-decent movie Christopher Lambert's been in).

Anyways, I figure I'm doing alright, although I should probably start doing some work soon, like preparing my thesis defence.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Lochaber Axe » Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:26 pm

So wants the paper for (at least thats what im getting with the word thesis). OR in other words, what major or class? And while were at it what is a "thesis defence"? Never heard of it before, of course i am a junior in high school but no one says you can't try to know everything. :grin:
Lochaber Axe

Postby Technomancer » Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:32 pm

My Master's degree in electrical engineering. My supervisor's gone over my thesis (93 pages long) and given the green light for me to go ahead and defend it. This basically entails me presenting what new material I've contributed to my research field, defending its signifcance, and answering various technical questions from my examining commitee. As for papers, I've got one in press where I'm a contributing author, and another recently submitted (also preparing a third).

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Lochaber Axe » Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:46 pm

I almost thought i had somehow deleted your post. See I was looking through another window (somehow) and I decided to close that and lo and behold your post was gone. Of course it came back a few seconds later but o well.

In laymans terms you got a mondo portion of the third degree, eh? I used a pun just now didn't I? Ohee :hits_self

93 pages for a thesis! *whistles* who boy! Thats a lot of writing to do, of course thats understandable since your going for masters. I wish ya luck.
Lochaber Axe

Postby andyroo » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:41 pm

Hello. Hey, so when you say speaking Scottish does that mean you can also speak Scottish Gaelic? That's pretty cool.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby Lochaber Axe » Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:51 am

NAh... who i am i kidding, I can't speak Gaelic. I might if I chose to listen more to the dialect and trained my voice for it. Right now its all charbled with Irish and I sound like a "wee leprecaun with a cilt" :dizzy: .

Doesn't mean I can't try here and let all of you imagine that I can. :sweat:
Lochaber Axe

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:19 am

Hi, I'm late, but welcome to the asylum ^^;
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Lochaber Axe » Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:31 am

And I thought I had escaped from an Asylum. :evil:

Hey Im just kidding... or am I? :grin:

:dance: :dance: :dance: DISCO FEVER!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

:eyebrow: ..........
Lochaber Axe

Postby shamanking343 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:25 am

ok..... Welcome to CAA! hey are you into online rpg? like phantomrpg.com or something cause you remind me of someone there. But the site is still closed for some sad resons (If youd like to here these resons PM me)
I AM THE WAY INTO THE DOLEFUL CITY
I AM THE WAY INTO ETERNAL GRIEF,
I AM THE WAY TO A FORSAKEN RACE.
JUSTICE IT WAS THAT MOVED MY GREAT CREATOR;
DIVINE OMNIPOTENCE CREATED ME,
AND HIGHEST WISDOM JOINED WITH PRIMAL LOVE.
BEFORE ME NOTHING BUT ETERNAL THINGS
WERE MADE, AND I SHALL LAST ETERNALLY
ABANDON ALL HOPE, ALL YOU WHO ENTER

my website ^(^ :rock:
shamanking343

Postby Lochaber Axe » Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:02 pm

I have a definite answer to that. No, I personally stay away from online gaming, and the reason is of during the summer.

lets start off... this summer I decided to try out for the Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne beta. Well you know what... I got it. I was so happy and then I started my first online game ever. Well I guess you could say I did bad... very bad. :shake: Anyhow what made this even worse was that I had a top tier partner... you can guess his behavior towards me. :shady: Oh and to tell all you RTSers, Im a empire builder and a defensive player, so I got my butt handed to me. To my personal eternal embarressment I did one last newbie granddaddy mistake. In Warcraft 3, there is a cheat that allows you to become a god and the cheat message is "Whos your daddy?" Well to keep this short (if thats possible) the online games don't take cheats and so in desperation I must have typed that message over ten times! I think we can guess what the other guy was thinking after I left. :sweat:

Just to tell you, I didn't stop playing online but it soon led to the disillusionment to me of online gaming.

*Fhewww* That was lengthy wasn't it? :eyeroll:
Lochaber Axe

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:41 pm

Whew! Did I ever stir up a hornets nest on that one.

Boy is my face red...

AND DUNCAN WAS ONLY ON THE TV SERIES!!! That being said, I'm one of the few people who loved the movies, then hated the TV show.... Then got sucked into the sucky tv show and eventually ended up liking it... Until they killed off one of my... Wait, why am I posting this in your bio...

Sorry... Far be it from me to ever stray off topic... :lol:
Mithrandir

Postby Lochaber Axe » Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:03 am

Ahhh, don't worry about it oldphil I don't hold gudges long. :sweat:

What was I bout to write again? Why is it that I can't remember?

*scratches head*

*scratches head again*

*scratches head thrice*

Why is my head so itchy for? :lol:
Lochaber Axe

Return to Who's Who