My Little Pony Friendship is Magic General

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:30 pm

I watched the first episode out of curiousity and surprisingly it was quite good - the animation, the characterisation. The story is a bit light-weight but it's well-written and there were some good jokes.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Peanut » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:04 pm

I will say, this thread has made me curious about the show. Though if I ever do watch this show, no one will ever know about it because my own status as a man dictates I must watch this in private, somewhere no one will have the chance of coming across me, and then never admit I saw an episode or like the show. A man's gotta keep his image as a man you know what I'm saying.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Wolf-man » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:40 pm

You say that now...
Wolf-man

Postby Nate » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:44 pm

The only difficult part is going to be how I'm going to buy the toys.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Wolf-man » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:10 pm

Do you have a niece or a little sister?

lol could you imagine being in a toy store and buying My Little Pony toys.
This 30-year old man comes up to the register with a bung of MLP figure and that's when the cashier starts to call security.:grin:
Wolf-man

Postby Nate » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:15 pm

Wolf-man wrote:Do you have a niece or a little sister?

Nope.

I guess maybe I can try Amazon. All I know is I need a Fluttershy toy. Like...as soon as possible. It even comes with a little bunny...though sadly it isn't Angel.

Nate

Postby Yamamaya » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Pshhh, you need to buy manly toys like Revoltech Frauleins or Figmas if you prefer.

:P
Yamamaya

Postby Ante Bellum » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:14 am

Ante Bellum

Postby Nate » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:30 am

Nate

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:34 am

I saw a youtube video of some clips and I like..melted in my couch because it was so freaking adorable. After I finish some homework today, I am definitely gonna watch some :)

And I KNEW there was a Craig McCrakken connection! Those ponies seemed very similar to his style. XD But it's his wife's show which is pretty cool. :)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:23 pm

Nate wrote:Well let's put it this way. Episode 3 has a Benny Hill chase scene, complete with sound-alike music.

Anything can be funny, when you set it to Benny Hill music.

I watch the first ep and it is very well written. Too bad the shows in the early 80's like My little Pony and Care Bears wasn't like this. I did grow up on Care Bears and love them, but a few years back, I went and watch it all over again and saw how badly written they were.
Roy Mustang

Postby Wolf-man » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:19 pm

Wolf-man

Postby Sheenar » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm on episode 3 and this series is actually pretty good. I like it. Apple Jack's my favorite. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby rocklobster » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Nate, if you're as serious about this as I think you are, hand me your Y chromosome. You don't deserve one.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:40 pm

rocklobster (post: 1468207) wrote:Nate, if you're as serious about this as I think you are, hand me your Y chromosome. You don't deserve one.

Psh. Check out all the other guys on here that like it. You're in the minority! They might be onto something.
Atria35

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Yeah and what about all those guys that like Sailor Moon?

I, for one, am totally cool with guys liking this sort of thing.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:54 pm

rocklobster (post: 1468207) wrote:Nate, if you're as serious about this as I think you are, hand me your Y chromosome. You don't deserve one.

Wow, how did you get internet access all the way back there in 1950?

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Nate » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:59 pm

rocklobster wrote:Nate, if you're as serious about this as I think you are, hand me your Y chromosome. You don't deserve one.

Hmm. Let me look at the viewer statistics for episode one, The Mare in the Moon.

This video is most popular with:

Male 25-34

Male ]not[/i] watching it.

Nate

Postby LadyRushia » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:41 pm

How did I not see this thread before? XD I love ponies. I love them to pieces. My roommate and I watch them all the time and we've shared them with all our friends. Also, I plan on cosplaying Applejack for Otakon, so yeah. I was wondering when the ponies would start showing up on CAA, XD.

Sonic Rainboom? Awesome trick and awesome episode. Fluttershy's cheering is the best cheering ever. Rarity as Lady Gaga pony? Awesome.

Winter Wrap-Up? Best song ever because tomorrow spring is here. Art of the Dress? Second best song ever. It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Also, Fluttershy is not a tree but she would like to be one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iQiAHjXa74

Rarity's whining? I lol'd hardcore.

Pinkie Pie's amazing quotes? So funny. Although, I'm still trying to figure out how she was in the sponges and behind the mirror in "Green Isn't Your Color." That was just creepy, especially since I watched it after reading an infamous fanfic.

And now that my fan spazzing is over, I'm just gonna say that I think the concept of men not being manly for watching this show is stupid. Lauren Faust seems to agree (yes, this is her DA page, by the way).

Quality is quality no matter what gender or age it's supposed to be for. No one should feel ashamed in admitting that they like something that's good.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:06 pm

I started watching this.

I dig it.

Also mad props to Lauren Faust for saying that.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Nate » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:20 pm

LadyRushia wrote:Art of the Dress? Second best song ever.

Funny thing, that. Art of the Dress, I found out, is an homage to a song titled "Putting It Together" which was in a Stephen Sondheim musical called Sunday in the Park with George, and Barbara Streisand also sang it too.

Check it out!

Art of the Dress: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSbXGsysAAk

Putting It Together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-836TtoF_5I&feature=related
Although, I'm still trying to figure out how she was in the sponges and behind the mirror in "Green Isn't Your Color."

Pinkie is a goddess. She laughs at the laws of physics.

Nate

Postby LadyRushia » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:45 pm

I did hear about that, actually! It is pretty cool in the 20% cooler kind of way, XD.

Also, Lauren Faust continues to be awesome in the way she's interacted with the fanbase and defended herself against people claiming that she's the sexist.
http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2010/12/24/my-little-non-homophobic-non-racist-non-smart-shaming-pony-a-rebuttal/
There are lots of different ways to be a girl. You can be sweet and shy, or bold and physical. You can be silly and friendly, or reserved and studious. You can be strong and hard working, or artistic and beautiful. This show is wonderfully free of “token girl” syndrome, so there is no pressure to shove all the ideals of what we want our daughters to be into one package. There is a diversity of personalities, ambitions, talents, strengths and even flaws in our characters–it’s not an army of cookie-cutter nice-girls or cookie-cutter beauty queens like you see in most shows for girls.

Also, Pinkie Pie knows everything.
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:49 am

LadyRushia (post: 1468286) wrote:How did I not see this thread before? XD I love ponies. I love them to pieces. My roommate and I watch them all the time and we've shared them with all our friends. Also, I plan on cosplaying Applejack for Otakon, so yeah. I was wondering when the ponies would start showing up on CAA, XD.

Sonic Rainboom? Awesome trick and awesome episode. Fluttershy's cheering is the best cheering ever. Rarity as Lady Gaga pony? Awesome.

Winter Wrap-Up? Best song ever because tomorrow spring is here. Art of the Dress? Second best song ever. It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Also, Fluttershy is not a tree but she would like to be one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iQiAHjXa74

Rarity's whining? I lol'd hardcore.

Pinkie Pie's amazing quotes? So funny. Although, I'm still trying to figure out how she was in the sponges and behind the mirror in "Green Isn't Your Color." That was just creepy, especially since I watched it after reading an infamous fanfic.

And now that my fan spazzing is over, I'm just gonna say that I think the concept of men not being manly for watching this show is stupid. Lauren Faust seems to agree (yes, this is her DA page, by the way).

Quality is quality no matter what gender or age it's supposed to be for. No one should feel ashamed in admitting that they like something that's good.

Ah man, after reading that deviant art post, now I HAVE to watch this. Confound those ponies.

I believe she really is correct about how people view girl and man programming. Cartoons aimed at girls seem to have a stigma laid against them. Girls can watch boy's shows, but boys can't watch girl shows.
Yamamaya

Postby aliveinHim » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:14 am

I loved My Little Pony! I loved anything pink and with ponies when I was little.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Nate » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:44 pm

LadyRushia wrote:Also, Pinkie Pie knows everything.

Except in Over a Barrel. It was actually kind of bizarre that Pinkie was the cause of all the trouble rather than being the one to resolve it.

So because I am curious, I must know everyone's favorite characters. For me, the list goes like this:

Fluttershy > Pinkie > Twilight > RD > Applejack > Rarity

Also Sweetie Belle is the best CMC, with Scootaloo coming in a close second. It's actually difficult to choose between the two.

In addition, Angel Bunny is the best bunny ever and needs more screen time.

Finally, if anyone hasn't seen this, I leave you with a fantastic Touhou remix. Night of Pony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftvZFUg4HPc

Excellent trombone solo.

Nate

Postby Wolf-man » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:11 pm

I think for me it is
Twilight Sparkle < Fluttershy < Applejack < Rainbow Dash < Rarity < Pinkie Pie
Top spot was hard because I really like Twilight as a character but Fluttershy is just so freaking adorable! lol

I think Apple Bloom is the best Cutie Mark Crusader. I love her accent and I am a sucker for bows.
Wolf-man

Postby LadyRushia » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:21 pm

I have a hard time ranking them simply because I think they're all good characters, but I think it goes something like this:

First:
Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle

Second:
Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Derpy Hooves

Third:
Spike, the CMC, Luna, Celestia

Fourth:
Photo Finish, The Great and Powerful Trixie, Zecora, other one episode ponies.
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Cadence » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:18 pm

For me, it goes something like...

Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, Spike and the rest...but there is a pretty big gap between Fluttershy and the rest of them. =)

Also, Nate, you have won my good opinion forevermore by starting this thread. =)
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
Cadence

Postby Nate » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Wolf-man wrote:Top spot was hard because I really like Twilight as a character

Hmm, I want to like Twilight more than I do, but the problem is her personality shifts depending on what the plot of the episode calls for. She goes from being level-headed and booksmart to just rock-stupid, and that bothers me a bit. Boast Busters and Look Before You Sleep were two episodes where Twilight's personality was altered a bit too much for my tastes and it annoyed me. If she was more consistent as a character, she'd be closer to the top, but as it is she'll have to do with third.

Fluttershy is consistently adorable and that's why she's number one for me. I'd also like to say I don't dislike Rarity, I just don't like her as much as the others. She has her moments though, especially in A Dog and Pony Show ("But I thought you wanted whining!").
Also, Nate, you have won my good opinion forevermore by starting this thread. =)

Thanks! :3 I also notice your list of favorites is pretty much the same as mine with Rarity and Applejack switched. You have good tastes. ;D

Nate

Postby Wolf-man » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:33 pm

I can respect that. Her personality did shift a little in "Look before you sleep" but I think it was more implying that she was excited not necessarily stupid. We all kind of act stupid when we get excited about something.
What you say about Rarity is how I feel about Pinkie Pie. I don't hate her I just like the others better.
I just watched "A Dog and Pony Show" Hilarious! I would have to say it is one of my favorite episodes now.:grin: Man, Spike is always after the ladies.
Wolf-man

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment