looking for help to start business plan for a new media center

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

looking for help to start business plan for a new media center

Postby RefractedAhav » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:24 pm

This is more of a research question than technical though it does have to do with locating information related to tech. Anyway my question is this:

Does anyone know how I would go about starting a market analysis for a new media pc / console / content creation center ? The idea is pretty basic, I want to provide more affordable "Steam Box" or related device based on linux that would duel or triple boot. One OS would most likely be the new and part FOSS and part proprietary freeware SteamOS. The other would be a linux distro tailored specifically for the creation of media such as movies, animation, even video games. This way you don't have to wait for valve to greenlight your favorite 3d/2d program before you can use it on the machine. Also I have long wished that consoles could be used as easily for creation as they are for consumption.

So some things I would need to know is what the compittion is offering and for what price. I have only been able locate info on some of the steambox development companies but not others. I was wondering if any one knew of a good resources for this information.

Also other than gamers who would be interested in such a device? Would their be enough interest in media center that also lets you create and contribute media to make such a device viable ?
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Re: looking for help to start business plan for a new media center

Postby RefractedAhav » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:06 pm

I see that alot of people have glanced at this post but none have answered. :p bummer.
Any-who, anyone that is close to the Houston area and would like to get in on this please PM me. I think that this could be more successful if I worked with a team.
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Return to Computing and Links