My very first website

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

My very first website

Postby Kirika » Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:10 am

YAY!!! My own website :dance:
It's in french though, so maybe some of you will go :drool:
Anyway, it's not something amasing since I don't know how to use html yet.
It's a site where I put my drawings and I'm planning to make a tutorial soon...
Well tell me what you think and if you got some idea to make it better, don't hesitate, I'm open to all suggestions :thumb:
BlueRakuen
Kirika

Postby Razgriz » Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:17 pm

Looks good! Even though it's in French, I managed to "navigate by association." :thumb:
Razgriz

Postby _bluerose_ » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:19 am

It must be me but it said page not found. *shrugs* I'll try again laters.
~Rose

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isa. 40:30,31
_bluerose_

Postby richardh01 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:59 pm

:sweat:
Love the background images! Maybe you should put the left hand menu on each page so the user doesn't have to hit the back button each time the click on something. That would improve the site a lot.

By the way, I thought your drawings were very good. Especially http://www.geocities.com/bluerakuen/flowergirl.JPG

Overall, :thumb: very good!
Keep up the good work!
-Richard
richardh01

Postby _bluerose_ » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:00 am

I agree with Richard on the flowergirl, and you have a very nice site, wish i could read it
~Rose

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isa. 40:30,31
_bluerose_

Postby Technomancer » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:46 pm

That's really quite good, and I was able to get the gist of most of it too (though I *really* need to brush up). I like your new avatar BTW. :thumb:
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Kirika » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:54 pm

Thanks!
BTW does anyone knows where I could learn how to work with HTML??
Kirika

Postby Spiritsword » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:15 pm

Looks nice, Kirika! Between my English and Spanish I could understand enough to enjoy the page, though I know almost no French. As I've mentioned on the art forum, I really like your artwork! A tutorials page is a neat idea.
Spiritsword

Postby Bunny » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:52 pm

For very basic html you might want to start with funky-chickens.com. That's what I use but then, I rarely ever use complicated HTML. I get confused easily.
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

2 Samuel 6: 21&22

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Postby Bunny » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:00 pm

Bunny wrote:For very basic html you might want to start with funky-chickens.com. That's what I use but then, I rarely ever use complicated HTML. I get confused easily.

EDIT: Forgot say that I found your site very pretty even though I don't know any more French than I used to hear on Madeline. :sweat:
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

2 Samuel 6: 21&22

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Postby Spencer » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:04 pm

Kirika wrote:Thanks!
BTW does anyone knows where I could learn how to work with HTML??

Webmonkey is teh r0x0rz.
:)
Spencer

Postby DragonSlayer » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:49 am

Your site has a good layout, I only took a quick lookover. But it looks good I'll try to look at the rest later
Dont ever doubt God. He can help when thing even are impossible for a Human to work out.God can help us with everything, no matter how long it takes, how much it may seem he's not doing, never doubt God.
DragonSlayer

Postby Master Kenzo » Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:44 pm

Well done! Being in Canada, we have to learn French, so I know quite a bit. And yeah, frames would help a lot. And I love your designs.
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby StarMasayume » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:04 pm

Looks nice! :) I found the art by trial and error clicking.

You have a solid enough start for the site. For learning html, one of the best places I know of is LissaExplains.com. It's great for learning the basics as well as advancing a bit.

:)
"So these three things continue; Faith, hope, and love.
The greatest of these which is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:13
StarInMyPocket.net
StarMasayume

Postby Kirika » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:44 pm

Thanks a lot for the links ;)
I'll go look at them, the site really needs frame and other stuff XD
Kirika

Postby Fsiphskilm » Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:01 pm

Hey your sites pretty nice...
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fsiphskilm

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:48 am

A la bonne heure! That's my French. I love your work. It reminds me of Yashatori ABe's style. So much freedom and carefree lines. You're very talented. I'm going to mark your page to come back to and look over your stuff again. Hope you the best. :)

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Return to Computing and Links