Anime/Manga Quote game

Spawned by the randomness of the general board, here are the threads where you can do fun, pointless things. You may test the forum's features and make signature or avatar requests. Posts made here do not go towards your post count.

Anime/Manga Quote game

Postby Mike123123 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Hey guys, Haven't been on for a while now. But i thought of something really fun and thought i might try it here.

What you do, is try and guess which anime/manga the quote that the person above you posted. Then post a quote of your own.
Example:

person 1: "Bang."

Person 2: Coboy bebop, quote: "The truth exists beyond the gates."

Person 3: Darker than black.

and so on.....
(Also try and post memorable quotes, no insanely hard ones like "The")

"I HATE MILK!"
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
-John 3:16
Mike123123

Postby eightluvver888 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm going to guess FMA?

Quote: "If you win, you get all these fabulous prizes! And, as an added bonus, your host MCQ will die!"
[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][font="Garamond"]Oh no, he's already fallen off one building today!
[SIZE="1"]MAL[/SIZE][/font]
eightluvver888

Postby sailorsaturn » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:34 am

Ergo Proxy?

Quote: "Believe in the me that believes in you!"
sailorsaturn

Postby Broly Ultimatrix » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:03 am

Gurren Lagann?

Quote: "I'll solve equations with my right hand and write names with my left. I'll take a potato chip... and eat it!"
/summon Alucard on those who need a hug
shinpaku alliance: Metolosophy, Ace33Wing, Diamond Dragon, Ally-Ann and Broly Ultimatrix
http://www.bronyland.com/pony-personality-test/?q=NDg2MHw1MTgwMzM
Broly Ultimatrix

Postby SilverToast » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:27 am

Death Note?

Quote: "Its over 9000!"
[color="Red"]@[/color])}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators
SilverToast

Postby Winry » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:07 pm

DBZ

Quote: "Why did I even bother to rescue this guy in the first place? He's anti-social, thinks he's Evil Knieval, and hardly speaks. You've got such a gloomy personality, why don't you just give up and stop "pretending" to be human"
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby SilverToast » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Gundam Wing
( I knew it sounded familiar and I was even reading it in the voice of Duo but it still took me time to remember. haha)

"The world is made of love and peace."
SilverToast

Postby eightluvver888 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:46 am

Trigun

"I will drink this coffee!"
[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][font="Garamond"]Oh no, he's already fallen off one building today!
eightluvver888

Postby Winry » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Ouran Host Club!

Quote: "Within every fiber of your being, you are truly a manslayer."
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Winry

Postby rocklobster » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:06 pm

um, Blood+?
ok, how about this one:
"It all sucks.This town sucks,my life sucks,but as long as I got waves, everything's okay."
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Winry » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm

rocklobster (post: 1593319) wrote:um, Blood+?

Nope.

Winry

Postby eightluvver888 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:59 pm

@ Winry's - Rurouni Kenshin
eightluvver888

Postby rocklobster » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:23 am

yeah I realized that an hour too late. *hangs head in shame*
so, anyone guess where mine comes from? I'll post it again.
"It all sucks.This town sucks, my life sucks, but as long as I got waves, everything's okay."
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Cianter » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:55 am

Eureka Seven?

"If I were normal sized I wouldn't be able to fit. Maybe it's a good thing I'm so small..."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][color="DarkOrchid"]Yes, I'm a girl. I push doors that clearly say PULL. I laugh harder when I try to explain why I'm laughing. I walk into a room and forget why I went in there. I count on my fingers in math class. I try to accomplish things when there is still time on the microwave. I lie sometimes to hide the pain. I say it's a long story when it's really not.[/color]

[color="Yellow"]When you're home alone: 10%-Say "who is it" 64%-Look through the peep hole then open it if you know them 25%-Open the door 1%-Crawl around on the ground like a ninja and look through the window very quietly to make sure it isn't a masked murderer. I'm that 1%[/color]

[color="Red"]I'm so talented I can fall up stairs, trip on flat surfaces, and get hit by parked cars XD[/color]

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Cianter
Cianter

Postby GeneD » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:44 am

Fullmetal Alchemist. And Brotherhood too I think.

"Duck!" -This is from a fairly new anime and isn't particularly easy to googe, so alternatively:

"Kids… animals… and women with attitude."
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby eightluvver888 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:59 am

2nd one - Cowboy Bebop

"Oh dear Dad, my dear Mom! I'm sorry I was such a fool! I swear, I'll live my life the best I can!"
eightluvver888

Postby Woogie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Clannad?
"Comic books are my only means of survival!"
Woogie

Postby Neane » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Sailor Moon?

"My friends, it has often been said that I like war.
My friends, I like war.
No... Friends, I love war!
I love holocausts. I love Blitzkriegs. I love defensive lines.
I love sieges, charges, I love mop-up operations and retreats.
Wars across prairies, in streets, in trenches, on grasslands,
in frozen tundras, through deserts, on the sea, in the air,
I love every act of war that can occur upon this earth.
I love blasting the enemy to smithereens with artillery salvos that thunder across the lines of battle. My heart leaps with joy whenever a soldier is tossed high into the air and cut to pieces by well placed sniper rounds!
And there is nothing like a tank operator using a Tiegel Acht-acht to destroy enemy tanks. And the feeling that comes when a soldier runs screaming from his blazing tank only to be mowed down by heavy machine gun fire is such an exquisite feeling!
I like when ranks of infantry brandish their bayonets rushing into the enemy line. It moves me deep within my heart to watch, a fresh recruit stabbing over and over into the bloated chest of a long dead enemy.
The sight of deserters being strung up from a street lamp is an irresistible pleasure. And there is nothing more arousing then the sounds made by prisoners of war dropping like flies, screaming in agony as they're mowed down by ear-piercing Schmeissers!
When a band of pitiful resistance fighters make their final stand with nothing but small arms, only to have their city smashed to atoms, block by block by 4.8 ton bombshells, I am in ecstasy.
I love it when my forces are ravaged by a Russian armored division. It's so sad to see towns and villages that were supposed to be defended at all costs, being laid to waste.
I love to be squashed under the heels of British and American War Machines. The humiliation as my men crawl around like vermin, ducking the Jagdbomers flying overhead

Gentlemen, all I ask for is war. War so grand as to make Hell itself tremble.
Gentlemen! I ask you as fellow brothers in arms what is that you really want?
Do you wish for further war as I do? Do you wish for a merciless bloody war?
A war whose fury is built with iron and lightning and fire?
Do you ask for war to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even ravens to scavenge from this earth?

Very well. Then krieg is what you shall have.
We are a clenched fist ready to strike down all who oppose us with our might. But, after enduring over half a century wallowing in the darkness, for us, a simple, ordinary war will no longer be sufficient.
We need a massive war! A war beyond any other that advanced history has ever known!
We are but a single battalion. The remnants of a defeated army numbering less than a thousand strong. However, I believe that each of you old warriors is equal to a thousand of their sickly soft children. We represent a force that could easily defeat an army of a million and one men!
It is time for us to awake the ones who sent us screaming into oblivion and who now lie sleeping. Let's drag them out of bed by the hair and remind them of what we are! We will remind them of what it feels like to live in fear. We will remind them of the sound our jack boots make against their throats!
We will remind them that there are more things between heaven and hell then are dreamt of in their philosophy.

Our Kampfgruppe of one thousand vampires is going to burn this world down to ash.
Yes my friends! Soon Europe's charred remains will illuminate the night sky!
I have brought you all back just as I promised I would! Back to our favorite battlefield! Back to our beloved war!

At last, the sea lion has crossed the ocean and is heading up the hill!
Attention all soldiers of the Millennium Battalion, this is a message from your commander.
Friends... Let's bring them hell."
Neane

Postby SakuraChan73 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:27 pm

I want to say Hellsing?

"So now we're stealing from monkeys. That's so pathetic."
SakuraChan73

Postby Neane » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Close, it is Hellsing Ultimate.

As for your quote, I remember that it was said by a guy named "Sanzou" it is either from Sanzou from Monkey Typhoon or Sanzo from Saiyuki. I'm going to say Sanzo from Saiyuki and hope I am right.

For me:

"The future has shown us with its glorious brilliance the time to seize our destiny and conquer all our fear is now! In ancient times, man rubbed sticks together and created fire, then they slaughter the whales and battled one another for oil. After that, came the atomic age. In every chapter of our history, we've danced with danger. But now, for the first time in existence, we will be delivered from fear. Finally, we will escape the prison of our illusions and the beautiful night will embrace us all. It's already too late! I will live by this and I will die by this!"
Neane

Postby SakuraChan73 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:03 am

Neane (post: 1596434) wrote:Close, it is Hellsing Ultimate.

As for your quote, I remember that it was said by a guy named "Sanzou" it is either from Sanzou from Monkey Typhoon or Sanzo from Saiyuki. I'm going to say Sanzo from Saiyuki and hope I am right.

Well I'm glad I was close I just now started watching Hellsing Ultimate since Funimation started releasing it on dvd

And you were right about my quote its is from Sanzo from Saiyuki and as for your quote I have no idea lol
SakuraChan73

Postby ClosetOtaku » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:22 am

Neane (post: 1596434) wrote:"The future has shown us with its glorious brilliance the time to seize our destiny and conquer all our fear is now! In ancient times, man rubbed sticks together and created fire, then they slaughter the whales and battled one another for oil. After that, came the atomic age. In every chapter of our history, we've danced with danger. But now, for the first time in existence, we will be delivered from fear. Finally, we will escape the prison of our illusions and the beautiful night will embrace us all. It's already too late! I will live by this and I will die by this!"

Giant Robo.

"I come here unable to remember anything, I can’t do anything. If I’m just going to disappear some day, what meaning do I have?"
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Neane » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:54 pm

^

Haibane renmei and Rakka was the person who said that.

"I'm pretty lame and I have no special talents."

"
Neane

Postby Watermaster2 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:15 pm

Umm...Sword Art Online?

"Being a human takes effort and guts. Giving up are the words I hate the most!"
Watermaster2

Postby Neane » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:22 pm

^
Easily Sailor Moon...oh and your wrong on your guess.

For me:

"Taco Taco Tacos, delicious Tacos. The coolest tacos are amigos tacos!"
Neane

Postby SierraLea » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Ouran High school host club? I remember there was a character who loved tacos.

"I NEED WINGS!"
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Postby Neane » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:13 pm

^
Nope.

Anyway, your quote is from D.N.Angel.

For me:

"I mustn't runaway! I mustn't runaway! I mustn't runaway! I mustn't runaway!"
Neane

Postby rstewart424 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:21 pm

^
Evangelion?

" I HATE LEEKS!!!"
[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."
rstewart424

Postby Winry » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:05 pm

^
Fruit's Basket

"A cup of milk tea would be nice...with thirteen spoonfuls of sugar."

Winry

Postby Neane » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:23 pm

^
Trinity Blood

As for me:

"My harsh remarks are made by trans-mutating 40 grams of copper, 25 grams of zinc, 15 grams of nickel, 5 grams of hiding my embarrassment along with 97 kilograms of spite. ."
Neane

Next

Return to Goof Off and Testing