The Smiley Conservation League

Spawned by the randomness of the general board, here are the threads where you can do fun, pointless things. You may test the forum's features and make signature or avatar requests. Posts made here do not go towards your post count.

The Smiley Conservation League

Postby seaglass27 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:05 am

I have dire news, my friends. The Internet authorities recently issued a report warning netizens everywhere of an impending smiley shortage. This shortage is largely due to smiley overuse by certain web denizens, not mentioning any names of course (*cough* Neane, sarahjoy *cough, cough*).

If you're willing to do your part to prevent this catastrophe please pledge to use a minimal amount of smileys and link to this thread in your sig.

It is important that we preserve our smiley resources. Can you imagine a web without smileys?
seaglass27

Postby Voltage » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:19 pm

-falls off chair laughing-
Call me Russia, da?

MLIAWESOME.
Voltage

Postby raider~joseph » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:21 pm

I am about to find out. You see I am gonna go into the future in a alternate universe that kept on over using smilies to see what happened. Farewell all.

*Gets into a odd H.G Wells time machine.*

5 minutes later a detailed report of what happened shows up out of a temporal loop.It reads as the following:

Hello guys this is what would happen...

Me: OOOOOOH. Wow this looks bad.

A bunch of ruined buildings of what used to be CAA. As I walk through the ruins I notice the various threads that used to be active and fun. All have been ruined. Only a fluffy bunny remains.

(\_/)
(x.x)
(")(")

Me:Aww a bunny emote.

It inched closer and had a butcher knife.

Me: Mr bunny...why are you looking at me like that?

(\_/)
(x.x)
(")(")

A dart hits me in the neck.And I black out....I awoke later in the cargo of a big wheeler.After about 15 minutes or so it stops. And...I kid you not bunny emote people open the door and drag me out.

Bunny: Come on you human!You will make a good slave!

Me:Whats going on?

The bunny struck me ordering me to shut up.

Another bunny with an ak-47 looks around and tells him to hurry.But then he gets shot in the head by a sniper.

Bunny: AMBUSH!

Several war torn muppets and sesame street characters come out of nearby bushes and kill the bunnies.Some are armed with lancers. Fozzie(Not making this up)creeps behind one and snaps it neck.

Fozzie:Lets get it searched MOVE!

The Count:1!1 victim!AHAHAH!

Fozzie:Get him back to base get him some medical attention!

Elmo:Elmo will get you to base follow Elmo.

I followed them for about an hour into the wilderness onto the ruins of a theater.It looked like it took heavy damage but was still standing.

After getting patched up by some medical rats I walked over to the larder and was given a meal by Chef...the food was talking by the way...my experience eating it was similar to that part in "The Resturant at the end of the Universe" where Arthur meets the cow...most awkward meal ever.I was called inn by the leader of the resistance. Along the way to the office I notice that fraggles were also at work along with several other puppets that Jim Henson brought into this world.Even the pink elephant from that weird movie he did.As I walked into the office I noticed Kermit the Frog,Gobo fraggle,and a large blue muppet I had never seen before. He had a hook on his hand and wore a necklace of bunny teeth.He was ripped and one of his eyes was shattered.It wasn't until he talked did I know who he was.

Grover:Welcome to the resistance. I am the leader Grover.

Me:What?Wait a sec...Hold on.What happened?

Grover:What do you mean?

Me:I am a time traveler...this is all new to me.

Grover:Ah...thats actually believeable compared to what happened.Ill explain.

I can remember a time long ago when we used to be peaceful...it wasn't until...it happened.I don't know why but for some reason some...cruel..cruel people used up all the emotes in the world.I don't know why but when all the other emotes were gone...the bunnies took over.Bunnies are underused emotes and...their...leader whose name is not spoken here.Organized them as an army to take over the world!I remember when we were targeted.It was a usual day on sesame street and super grover was doing his rounds...when suddenly.They attacked.The others of course were friendly.

Tears went down his face and his voice broke a bit while saying the rest.

Grover:Tried to make friends...but they struck them doooohowhownnn...!

He began sobbing.

Grover:I tried my best to stop them but I wasn't a good enough heroohohoho!OHHOHOHOOOO!I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING!Then the leader decided to cut off my hand and my left eye as punishment...then...He set fire to the houses...set off bombs...before my eyes...bleeding and alone...sesame street was destroyed.Big bird and bert and ernie died.I had to lead them out.

My mind flashed to the intense training grover must have done.Push ups,sit ups,pull ups.All one handed mind you.

I swore I would lead them to safety.I would take back our lands.I would free the world from the opression.I made allies.And we made the old muppet theater our base of operations.Miss piggy,sprocket,the old guy the fraggles hung out with...all of them died in the bunny emote attacks.I refuse to let them go unavenged.There...now are you happy?Mr time traveler?The future is lost.

Me:Wait!I could go back in time and stop this from happening!If I could get my time machine I could go back to your time and tell everyone what would happen!

Kermit:You can't go into bunny territory!Its suicide!

Gobo:Yeah!Even if we used the fraggle networks we couldn't get that far without getting caught!

Grover looked at me long and hard.

Grover:How do I know I can trust you?

Me:Um...because im not a bunny?

Grover:Very well...we will assemble a team.We leave as soon as we are finished.

And so going through the networks...we...actually...it was pretty uneventful.I was kinda dissapointed.Well we made it to the ruins of CAA three days later.

Me:It was right here!

Grover:The bunnies must have taken it to their fortress!There is no hope now!Its over...lets get going.

Gobo:We have to hurry or we will get caught!

Me:Wait!We can't just give up!I got to get to my own home!

Kermit:Kid...your home is lost.

The all walked away.

Me:Well...ok fine...I will find it myself.

This was a horrible idea as I was unarmed.I spent 4 weeks in constant fear of death.It was a good thing I was an ex rogue or I would have been caught.I was finally able to find it.The legendary fortress of the bunnies.I was able to arrange passage at one of the rebel bases I found along the way from a leak for the rebellion...and all it took me was my bag lunch.

Trix rabbit:You got the goods?

I handed him a trix packet.Which he opened and loved like it was the only thing he has eaten all his life.When he was done he motioned to follow him.I spent days with him.The tunnels went deep.It was only at the end of my journey did he bid me farewell.I realized that he left because of who the leader was.But before I get to that I must tell you about my happiness.I saw my vessal after so long...I thought I was going home but then I noticed...THE KEY WAS GONE.Then I heard it...the voice that will haunt me forever of the bunny lord.

Bugs:Ehh...*Carrot munching*Whats up doc?

I turned around slowly to see bugs with the key around his neck.

Bugs:Boy you sure gave us a lot of trouble.What with having to execute a fellow bunny.

Me:You mean?

Bugs:Trix is dead.*He munched on the carrot as he slowly walked towards me*You know...you remind me of anoder spoil sport named elmer fudd.Always hating us bunnies.Humanity hated us is all.*Munches some more carrots*Never using us a emotes.Then when the emotes was all gone I organized the bunny emotes that was underused into an army.Then wese took over the world and destroied the emote factories so no new ones could be made.

Me:So your not gonna let me go huh?

Bugs:Nah...you know why?*He threw me the key*Because I only put enough juice in the tank for one more visit.And knowing you...your gonna go to your home instead of preventing this from happenings.

I looked long and hard at the key ignition.

Bugs:You knows we got our own personallike time machines...those that take us back are memories and those that take us forward are dreams...*He munched some more carrot*

Me:You haven't earned what he earned...your NOT THAT GOOD A VILLAIN!

I put the key in the ignition...and well...as you can guess...I went back and stopped the people of this world from overusing the emotes...and don't worry I will be back.Me and this dimention raider~joseph are making a new time and space machine.Ill be back later.This is just a test of the machine.

Well now you know.

With love,
Raider~Joseph.
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:30 pm

[Size="7"]D8[/size]
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby seaglass27 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:32 pm

Your courageous sacrifices were a service to our holy cause, noble raider. *salutes*
seaglass27

Postby Sai-Chan » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:30 pm

we can make our own smileys!!
i love home made smileys!!
Sai-Chan

Postby ABlipinTime » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:30 am

conservation efforts call for one to re-use old smileys: put them in your sig, save the planet, save the world...
ABlipinTime

Postby raider~joseph » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:49 am

Hey everyone! Sorry im late I had a crazy adventure along the way to getting back here. Alternate dimention CAA was fun. It was a lot like this one except it was Jewish Anime Alliance. I even found a dimention where it was Cthulhu Worshippers Anime Alliance. Pretty freaky. Everyone acted the same. I also found one Christian Anime Alliance but...

*Flashback*

Raider~Joseph(me):Hello other dimention people!

Sai-Chan: 42

Rocklobster:I would have invited your friend Compainion Cube but you killed him.

Raider~Joseph: Chi?

Chatbot: OH THANK GOD SOMEONE WHO CAN TALK!

*Flashback ended*

It was surreal.

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby seaglass27 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:52 am

raider~joseph (post: 1521828) wrote:Hey everyone! Sorry im late I had a crazy adventure along the way to getting back here. Alternate dimention CAA was fun. It was a lot like this one except it was Jewish Anime Alliance. I even found a dimention where it was Cthulhu Worshippers Anime Alliance. Pretty freaky. Everyone acted the same. I also found one Christian Anime Alliance but...

*Flashback*

Raider~Joseph(me):Hello other dimention people!

Sai-Chan: 42

Rocklobster:I would have invited your friend Compainion Cube but you killed him.

Raider~Joseph: Chi?

Chatbot: OH THANK GOD SOMEONE WHO CAN TALK!

*Flashback ended*

It was surreal.

WHERE THE HECK IS A "LIKE" BUTTON WHEN YA NEED ONE?!
seaglass27

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:01 am

um, I know nothing of this companion cube you speak of. Seriously, never played Portal.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby seaglass27 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:15 am

It's okay, rockie. We promise not to turn ya in. Besides, it's only your alternate self that's guilty.
seaglass27

Postby raider~joseph » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:16 am

Yes, because that was everyone except chatbot is a chatbot dimention. It wouldn't matter because you were a chatbot. Thats just one of the many things you would say. Even Mith was a chatbot.

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby seaglass27 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:18 am

Did Mith say "Daddy!"?
seaglass27

Return to Goof Off and Testing