NaNoWriMo 2015

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

NaNoWriMo 2015

Postby Banana Lobster » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:32 pm

Alright, so today's the day; NaNoWriMo begins! Who's doing NaNoWriMo this year? Are you just winging it, or is it planned out?

Personally, instead of the usual planning ahead of time, I'm really just winging it this year. Came up with an idea for something about a week ago, and now I'm slapping together some semblance of plot and hoping it lasts through the month. :lol:

Good luck to everyone participating! ^^/
Banana Lobster

Re: NaNoWriMo 2015

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:22 am

Me! Me! I'm participating again! Third year in a row, so far I've got one fail and one success, let's see where this year tips the scales.

I usually just make stories up on the fly and see how it turns out, but this time around, strangely enough, I've actually got an idea I've been thinking over for a while and I think I've got it planned out... Moderately well. It's an odd feeling, to be sure. I'm not sure I like it yet, but I've left plenty of room for improvisation.

And, true to being the first day of NaNoWriMo, I barely had time to write during the day and made up for it when I should have slept. It's past 2 in the morning but I've gotten more than six thousand words, so I can at least sleep in peace.
Oddood198

Postby Sheenar » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:38 am

I only got 160 words on the first day. :/

The NaNo side says that, at this rate, I'll finish on September 8, 2016. :P

I'll get there, though. Just discovered that evenings are not the best time for me to write. Should do better today.

Scrivener is an amazing piece of software, by the way. They have a free trial available specifically for NaNoWriMo. I highly recommend it. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Okami » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:09 am

My fifth year! Well...fourth year! ...I had to take last year off because I was planning my December wedding! :sweat: But it says 5 years in my NaNoWriMo profile. :P

Ryosuke and I started plotting some semblance of a world and storyboarding about 6 months ago that kind of amounted to nothing because, y'know, life and stuff happened. I'm pantsing it and he's helping me fill in some holes as I go along!

So I took all those old notes, imported them to Scrivener, and took off yesterday as midnight rolled into November! :D I've never used Scrivener before, but my goodness it is SO much better and easier to work with than MS Word for this stuff! I'm definitely taking up the offer to get the full software when the time comes!

Forgive me if I'm not really around (well, I do tend to lurk a lot more than I mean to, these days!), but there's always noveling to be done, and I'm also heading up a NaNo thread on a marriage forum. Have fun and happy writing, CAA-Wrimos! :thumb:
Okami

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:47 am

I'm a bit late, but I really want to do Nano. It's just... My brain is drained after 6+ hours with 11 four-year-olds, so I don't want to think when I get home, and any thinking power I have is taken by my studying Japanese.

When I was in grad school, I did my own 30 day challenge and wrote a novel in that time (It was July 2013). It was a fun experience, and I compare this to the book that took me 17 years to write, and even though it's rough, in some ways it was actually better than the book that took me a longer time to write.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby artisticDreamer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:17 am

I'm doing it this year! Though I have a feeling I'll be losing pretty badly, I'll try` x'D
artisticDreamer

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:54 am

As usual I am participating.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby LastLfan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:37 am

Starting a little late but picking up a 20 page start I did in July, now that I'm in college with a bunch of other nano's I'm pretty pumped, we have an all nighter planned Friday
LastLfan

Postby Sheenar » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:03 am

The past couple of days have been a wash due to feeling icky and yesterday being a super LONG day --I came home and crashed.

Will try to catch up on the word count this weekend. Will write as I can in the meantime.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:00 pm

So...I've made a very poor decision. I was trying to update some stories I've started on another site, as well as seriously working on another offline. And I'm supposed/was going to try and update some stuff on here.

Guess who decided to add Nanowrimo on top of everything xDD

I'm dying here...what have I done to myself xP *leaves her goals by the roadside while she tries to balance Nano and Life and chaos*
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:08 am

Hnnn...it's a late start, but I might jump in. School is overwhelming, but I love NaNo so much. Granted, I have absolutely no ideas, so there's that, too. We'll see what happens.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Banana Lobster » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:38 pm

LastLfan wrote:Starting a little late but picking up a 20 page start I did in July, now that I'm in college with a bunch of other nano's I'm pretty pumped, we have an all nighter planned Friday

Luckyyyyyyyy! I'm studying for a test all day every day, so no time for NaNo-ing for me. I'll try and catch up after the test (on Thursday). Wish me luck!
Banana Lobster

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:12 pm

Well, I had youth convention this weekend (and I'm a leader and everything now rather than a student, which is weird) so I got nearly nothing done the past couple days. Managed to get my momentum back a bit today though, and I'm now sitting on 33,978 (986, according to my word processor) words in total, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

How's everybody else doing?
Oddood198

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:02 am

Just about 10k, feeling alright.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Sheenar » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:06 am

Sitting at about 2,000 words. Just, blah.

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:14 am

And I just started today. Yay. BUT, I'm on fall break, so I can totally do this. So much writing...
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Well, that's about it for me. I finished my story yesterday, wrote a few hundred more words today to bring my word count to a nice, even 100K. That's the most I've ever written. The book's crap, but I'm a bit proud of myself for doing it.

There's a week left. Anybody else made it? Looking at playing catch-up over Thanksgiving?
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:00 am

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I will not give up. I refuse to give up. I. Will. Not. Fail.
That said, I'm at 22k and there's 5 days left. *sigh*

ClaecElric4God

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:57 am

Double-posting because everyone else died. Sprinting through the last day with 9k to go! I CAN DO THIS.

ClaecElric4God

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:10 pm

13:10
4,816 to go everyone.
Witness me.

Updates:

14:08 -3467 to go

14:30 -2963 to go

15:18 -1,963 to go

15:30 - 1,463 to go, less than a days worth needed.

17:45 - Completed.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:17 am

Finished with 50,071 words at 11:57 EST. Go me. So much blah. I need at least a week break from this story before I can look at it again.

ClaecElric4God

Postby artisticDreamer » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:15 am

I won with exactly 50k on the 29th. I only wrote forty words yesterday lol.
artisticDreamer

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:04 pm

I didn't really understand what was going on, but reading this thread leaves me impressed. Good job everyone. Image
Rusty Claymore

Return to Writing