Help for a Church's Blog/Forum

Projects or project ideas in the works

Help for a Church's Blog/Forum

Postby EventualDay » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:08 pm

Not completely sure what category this would fit under, but I think this qualifies. :)

So recently I've been keeping up with this church and its blog, the Englewood Review of Books. It's a fascinating site that really believes Christians should read to be aware of the world and to anticipate God's reconciliation of it. They do some reviews for recent books, usually Christian nonfiction or secular fiction books.

I'm bringing this up because they just opened a new forum feature which I think is really awesome!! They're hoping to do book-of-the month discussions, theology discussions, etc. But because the forum is new, there aren't very many people registered yet (and even fewer posting).

I know that CAA is generally a community that
a) likes forums (because that's what this is)
b) is Christian and would appreciate noncritical religious discussions
c) is really interested in various mediums of entertainment

Thus, I thought I would bring it up here. If you guys are interested in something like this, it would be super awesome if you wanted to join and maybe help kick-start their forum. The book that they're discussing for the month of August is Harper Lee's Go Set a Watchman, which is of course a fascinating topic given what everyone's been saying.

Thanks for considering!! :)
EventualDay

Re: Help for a Church's Blog/Forum

Postby shooraijin » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:25 pm

We don't really have a good location for this, but General Entertainment probably isn't it, so since this is a new project trying to get off the ground I'll put it there.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to New Projects and Ideas