Recent Naruto Manga (Chapters 400+)

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Garjzla » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:33 pm

kakashi could be alive...cause you saw a slug on a white haired man slumped over....i hope it is kakashi, and Tsunade never said he was dead it was just silence then she said "we have to hurry" that could be taken he is dead, or he is on the brink of death.....i just dont want him to die becuase he showed so many more of his cool abilities, and lately i have not been likeing naruto as a character, he is just like i can beat you so i will do another rasengan...i just hope he will learn some more techniques....
God+Anime+Internet+Forums=1337
"MOES: Where everybody knows your sig (because it's a reasonable size)."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Garjzla

Postby blkmage » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:27 pm

If Kakashi did die, it was relatively quick for such an important character. That and there were no huge flags like there were with Jiraiya.
blkmage

Postby Garjzla » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:08 am

blkmage (post: 1274259) wrote:If Kakashi did die, it was relatively quick for such an important character. That and there were no huge flags like there were with Jiraiya.

agreed i just hope he does not die...he is like the cooliest:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Garjzla

Postby Doubleshadow » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:57 am

Just for a moment, it appeared that an important character would die. I like Kakashi's character but it irks me that there are so few deaths in a world where it is emphasized that they could die anytime.
I'm quite enjoying the Naruto free fight sequence, though I don't really care for Konohamaru. This better be interesting.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Garjzla » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:54 pm

Doubleshadow (post: 1274428) wrote:Just for a moment, it appeared that an important character would die. I like Kakashi's character but it irks me that there are so few deaths in a world where it is emphasized that they could die anytime.
I'm quite enjoying the Naruto free fight sequence, though I don't really care for Konohamaru. This better be interesting.

yeah i hope it will be interesting as well, i just dont want his special technique do be rasengan.....o well it probably is...:(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Garjzla

Postby minakichan » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:45 pm

I totally haven't read Naruto in ages, but out of curiosity I popped into this thread and read "Kakashi" and "dead" in the same sentence.

what.

Can someone kind of tell me (PM is fine) what's been going on since the timeskip, if it's any good at all, and, if and when the manga actually gets good, if and when I should pick it up again? It's kind of a selfish request, but I'm curious without actually being motivated.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Garjzla » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:04 am

minakichan (post: 1274556) wrote:I totally haven't read Naruto in ages, but out of curiosity I popped into this thread and read "Kakashi" and "dead" in the same sentence.

what.

Can someone kind of tell me (PM is fine) what's been going on since the timeskip, if it's any good at all, and, if and when the manga actually gets good, if and when I should pick it up again? It's kind of a selfish request, but I'm curious without actually being motivated.

i am too lazy to PM...but i am not going to ruin it, but there is a lot of death and you learn about the aktasuki and overall it is a lot better than the earlier naruto chapters, and there is way more charecter development, and it is SOOO much better, i was like you and stopped reading naruto cause it got dull then when i started reading after the time skip, i one time read into the night and went to bed around 2 or 3 am, and i began at around 12 pm lol that is more than 12 hours of nerdyness....lol but it is really good and it builds perfectly and i highly recommend reading!

i hope this convinced you!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Garjzla

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:06 pm

About this chapter:

Not happy.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby Shadowfax » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:30 pm

Anyone else notice Pein's eyes at the end of this issue? They're open for a change-- his Rinnegan is fully activated for the first time this battle. ANBU didn't even notice his powerful chakra level until he opened them. The only other time that happened is when he looked for Konoha's detection barrier.

*sigh* This isn't looking good. I don't want Tsunade to die! :shake:

I like her, but she's a Taijutsu master, which isn't a good match up for Deva Path. That guy has water techniques, genjutsu, can control gravity in relation to himself, has insane chakra-interfering weapons, and 5 other friends to call up for backup.

Wish I could fast-forward three years and see this in anime version...
[SIZE="1"]"This is only the beginning."[/SIZE]
Shadowfax

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:55 pm

I keep hoping I'll see Ino do something just because I think she has potential, and I'd like to see Tsunade fight again.

As much as I love Tsunade, I think she has a very high chance of dying because certain main characters eventually have to become Hokage.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Mave » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:32 am

blkmage (post: 1274259) wrote:If Kakashi did die, it was relatively quick for such an important character. That and there were no huge flags like there were with Jiraiya.
That's what UC said to me in separate conversation. Asuma-sensei, who died in a sudden way, was allowed a few pages of focus before he died. This is a little too quick for a character who played a key role right from the beginning of the series.

Meanwhile, I'm also speculating Tsunade's death as all hokages don't seem to survive long. At this point, everyone in Konoha is willing to sacrifice themselves for Naruto so we should expect deaths to happen.

Even if Naruto would become hokage, I was hoping that he'll have many more years before stepping up to that role. After that, we'll see how long he'll survive as hokage.

Ho.ho.ho.
Mave

Postby Garjzla » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:21 am

next chapter will be epic that is all i have to say
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Garjzla

Postby LadyRushia » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:54 pm

So, Konoha just basically died. I wonder who's still alive?
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:00 pm

Sasukes To Do List

1.) Kill Itachi (he effectively killed himself, and wasn't guilty of the crimes he thought, in fact just the opposite)
2.) Destroy Konoha (Pain just beat him to it)

The guy can't catch a break.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:32 pm

lulz, no really, I'm wondering if over 9000 characters seriously just died in that asploshun.

Sakura's desperate plea for Naruto annoyed me. Like he could hear her anyway, XD. Then again, she has the duties of maiden-in-distress to fill.

But yeah, I wonder what Sasuke's going to do now?
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby MasterDias » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:07 pm

Yeah, I wasn't expecting this one, although I'm expecting most of the named characters to survive.

Sakura's desperate plea for Naruto annoyed me. Like he could hear her anyway, XD. Then again, she has the duties of maiden-in-distress to fill.

To be honest, I'd give her slack for this one. She just saw her home get basically nuked. Most of the other survivors would probably be in similar states of disbelief/shock initially anyway.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:29 pm

Trufax. I guess it's the same thing as when a little kid gets scared and calls for his mom.

Darn, I wanted to see Tsunade and Ino fight, but instead they got blown away (shoot me for that pun).
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:39 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1276727) wrote:Darn, I wanted to see Tsunade and Ino fight, but instead they got blown away (shoot me for that pun).

I wouldn't call that a pun, I'd call that a pretty accurate assessment of the situation.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:39 pm

This is the first thing in quite some time that hasn't simply struck me as "eh."

Nothing, however, is enough for me to forgive the fact that there was a massive multi-character battle that will probably take up fewer pages than whatever Naruto does next.
uc pseudonym

Postby PhantomNinja » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:23 am

Wow, village fail. >.> That was just...blah. I'm scared as to what Naruto will be feeling once he returns to the village. A lot of guilt. Although I did enjoy Sakura's cry for Naruto at the end. XD narusaku = yayz.
PhantomNinja

Postby Mave » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:13 pm

On the Sakura point, I wondered why she didn't scream out for her family members or something. I suppose two boys are the most important ppl in her life. It's over with Sasuke. Now, it's Naruto. (Don't get me wrong, I like Sakura. I've just noticed how connected some of the other younger characters are with their family.)

Meanwhile, the village explosion was pretty good. I'm not necessarily siding Konoha completely on this one. I hope we see more dirt on them. Apart from the possibility of being randomly psychotic, I doubt Pain would have gone through all he has done, just because of some 'bad' things Konoha has done in the pasts. It's gotta be worse than that, no? At least, I hope for that.

That'll REALLY mess Naruto up. O-ho-ho-ho.

CAST
Naruto --> (=0_0=)
Pain --> ( @_@ )
Sasuke --> //*_*\\

(=0_0=): Why did you attack Konoha, Pain?!! WHY??!!!

(@_@): Let me tell you the truth. *tells the truth*

(=0_0=): *upons learning the truth* NNOOOOOO!!!! It cannot be the truth.

(@_@): It is the truth and now, you and Sasuke know it.

//*_*\\: Screw the truth. Thanks to both of you, I no longer have a village to destroy. I'm gonna kill both of you.
Mave

Postby LadyRushia » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:13 am

moar liek

//*_*\\: Screw the truth, I have Sharingan!
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby blkmage » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:04 pm

430: What a surprise.

[spoiler]No one dies in Naruto.[/spoiler]
blkmage

Postby LadyRushia » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:34 pm

I demand a team battle, but that'll mean Naruto doing most of the work while the women watch and do some occasional medical ninjutsu.

I'm kind of expecting Sasuke to show up soon.
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby MasterDias » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:40 pm

blkmage (post: 1278768) wrote:430: What a surprise.

[spoiler]No one dies in Naruto.[/spoiler]

Except Jiraiya and Asuma.

But actually, I sort of suspect more people would have complained if he really had suddenly offed a whole bunch of named characters offscreen.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby blkmage » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:59 pm

So how about that Naruto chapter 431, what with
[spoiler]it turning out that Kakashi really did die. And Naruto getting a seemingly ridiculous upgrade.[/spoiler]
blkmage

Postby LadyRushia » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:42 pm

Yes, I feel like the end of the series is coming. I have a hunch that Tsunade is going to die and Naruto is going to become Hokage after single-handedly defeating Pain or something like that. Given that the next chapter is called "Melee," I really hope we see some other characters fight.
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Ikimaru_Tarimi » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:32 pm

I used to like Naruto, but since they started a spinoff series it just wasn't the same
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
God loves you

:dance:MOES:dance:
Ikimaru_Tarimi

Postby LadyRushia » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:18 am

What spinoff? You mean the fillers in the anime?
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:13 pm

Just to call it early, I'm going to stick with the idea that Kakashi is alive. Something about the way all of this was done seems too suspicious to me. There have been a ton of panels focusing on him comatose, for example, and he didn't get an inordinate amount of flashback time. Maybe Kishimoto is going for something different, but I could still see this being a big effort to milk fan sympathy.

But I agree with you on 431, Naruto does seem unduly powerful. At least he has his frog allies and new techniques (for Naruto, using more Rasengans counts as new techniques). Earlier people just claimed he was more powerful while he did pretty much what he had been doing all along.
uc pseudonym

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews