What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

What Manga are you reading?

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:34 pm

This is a rip from basically every other grouping here, but I didn't think the Manga section had one. Now it does.

I am currently reading Trigun #2 - Deep Space Planet Future Gun Action!, after just finishing up Trigun #1 - Deep Space Planet Future Gun Action!

:thumbsup:
Kokhiri Sojourn

Triguns cool!

Postby Xavier249 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:31 pm

Aren't the Trigun Mangas really big?

Lets see, reading. As in reading right now or series that I haven't finished reading/getting but own some of.

For reading right now. I just read Sister Red and Rebirth #8.
For reading this last week. (I borrowed these)
Demon Diary 1-7
Wedding peach all
Prince of Tennis 1
Azumanga Daioh all
Blue inferior 1
Kenshin 5
umm there was one other but I can't remember it. . . boy, it sure didn't leave much of a mark on my memory, ne?
We forget that . . . . . . . . . . .Our souls are the real blades of the fight. ~ RBHS

'cause guys like this one here show up. . . I keep coming back!!! ~Shizuma Kusanagi
Knight of the CAA

The Rise and Fall of the Dragons Moon.

"Radio Show Stuffs!"

If I am not posting, sorry. . . I am too much of an activity junkie, currently probably hanging out with/teaching japanese exchange students. :sweat:
Xavier249

Postby TrigunX89 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:05 am

I'm reading Ruroken 4 and this month's issue Shonen Jump.
TrigunX89

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:07 am

FURUBA!!! Go Furuba! Go furuba!

Oh yeah. . . I'm also reading DNAngel, Pretear, Alice the 19th (but if the rest of the series is gonna be like volume 4, I'll probably quit reading it.), Tsubasa, Azumanga Daioh, and Mink. I know, I'm an addict.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:50 am

Xavier249 wrote:Aren't the Trigun Mangas really big?

Yeah, they are both over 300 pages, but they're not that much more expensive than other Mangas. I got them both for $14.95. The second one is really great.

Just began Shonen Jump for June - my first one, sad to say.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Heart of Sword » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:00 am

Just read this month's issue of Shonen Jump (Naruto was absolutely hilarious..."They're almost alive! They're like caterpillars! They're UBER BROWS! :lol: ) That had to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen... :grin:

I read Rurouni Kenshin #5 but wasn't really that impressed...it was kind of dry...oh well. *waits for the sixth one*
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby Xavier249 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:17 am

Kokhiri Sojourn wrote:Just began Shonen Jump for June - my first one, sad to say.

Really? It just occured to me that I have been getting them since ep 0. .
Woah. . and I still wish they'd come out faster. .:)

They sure are great though. I love the kanji parts in general. Naruto has to be my fav in the actual issues though. Hikaru no Go is awesome too.

Has anyone else here attempted to actually play Go?
We forget that . . . . . . . . . . .Our souls are the real blades of the fight. ~ RBHS

'cause guys like this one here show up. . . I keep coming back!!! ~Shizuma Kusanagi
Knight of the CAA

"Radio Show Stuffs!"

If I am not posting, sorry. . . I am too much of an activity junkie, currently probably hanging out with/teaching japanese exchange students. :sweat:
Xavier249

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:02 am

Xavier249 wrote:Really? It just occured to me that I have been getting them since ep 0. .
Woah. . and I still wish they'd come out faster. .:)

They sure are great though. I love the kanji parts in general. Naruto has to be my fav in the actual issues though. Hikaru no Go is awesome too.

Has anyone else here attempted to actually play Go?

Yeah, Naruto is great. I think Hikaro No Go is really entertaining also, but you gotta love One Piece! That one can be hilarious.

I only wish that I would have been able to subscribe earlier. The first one I subscribed to was like the 18th issue.

Haven't attempted Go.........
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Xavier249 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:10 am

Kokhiri Sojourn wrote:Yeah, Naruto is great. I think Hikaro No Go is really entertaining also, but you gotta love One Piece! That one can be hilarious.

Yeah I love ones pieces story line, but for some reason their teeth bother me. .

Kokhiri Sojourn wrote:I only wish that I would have been able to subscribe earlier. The first one I subscribed to was like the 18th issue.

Yeah, ouch. . have you at least seen the others?

Kokhiri Sojourn wrote:Haven't attempted Go.........

Its quite insane, really easy to pick up the rules if you have 4+ hours for the initial explanation. Then from there it takes years to master. hahahaha
Ive only played about 5 times, and we played short games.. first person to score a point wins. :sweat:

Knight of the CAA

"Radio Show Stuffs!"

Xavier249

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:14 am

Xavier249 wrote:Yeah I love ones pieces story line, but for some reason their teeth bother me. .

Yeah, ouch. . have you at least seen the others?

Its quite insane, really easy to pick up the rules if you have 4+ hours for the initial explanation. Then from there it takes years to master. hahahaha
Ive only played about 5 times, and we played short games.. first person to score a point wins. :sweat:

Their teeth...?? Now that's hilarious!! :lol:

No, I haven't seen the others at all, sad to say. I may have to backorder all of them.... if I can find like a spare hundred dollars..... :drool:

Yeah, it sounds like a wild game.... rocket science or something... :eh:
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Xavier249 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:20 am

Kokhiri Sojourn wrote:No, I haven't seen the others at all, sad to say. I may have to backorder all of them.... if I can find like a spare hundred dollars..... :drool:

Don't back order them, look in your local comic stores. All the ones around here have abou 3-4 extra copies of each volume.

Kokhiri Sojourn wrote:Yeah, it sounds like a wild game.... rocket science or something... :eh:

If what information your are getting for the game is from Shonen Jump. Yeah it looks really confusing. I don't think they did a good job of explaining what the game is at all. In fact they made it more confusing than it already is.

Think of it like chess, its an old classic game with really fun strategies.

Knight of the CAA

"Radio Show Stuffs!"

Xavier249

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:13 am

Reading over Ruroni Kenshin book four.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:40 pm

Just finished the Shonen Jump June issue...

Starting on July....

I thought that One Piece in the June issue was great... I think I may have to buy the manga :lol:
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:57 pm

I just finished Azumanga Daioh volume 4. Other than continuing to collect Ranma 1/2 as it comes out, there have not been any titles that have spark my interest on the shelves.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

rereading collection

Postby Xavier249 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:48 pm

just read my Juvenille orions,
my Tsubasa (currently translating the preview. I'll get back to you soon with that, like the 20th.. . I won't have net access till then)
Sister Red,
and Full Metal Panics 3+4.

Knight of the CAA

"Radio Show Stuffs!"

Xavier249

Postby PotBelliedCow » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:25 am

Reading Negima vol. 1, that new one from Ken Akamatsu (that guy who made Love Hina). Ironically it was shrinkwrapped and had a "mature reader 16+" sticker on the front, but after flipping through it Love Hina is still much worse...

Eh? :eh:
PotBelliedCow

Postby Xavier249 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:42 am

PotBelliedCow wrote:Reading Negima vol. 1, that new one from Ken Akamatsu (that guy who made Love Hina). Ironically it was shrinkwrapped and had a "mature reader 16+" sticker on the front, but after flipping through it Love Hina is still much worse...

Really? That is scary that love hina is worse. Is Chobits on the same level?

Knight of the CAA

"Radio Show Stuffs!"

Xavier249

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:36 pm

In addition to Shonen Jump - July, I'm also reading Prince of Tennis 1. Thanks for the recomendation, Xavier.

I also read a really great manga today in Barne's and Noble, and I can't remember what it was called, but it was by Megatokyo, and about where snow comes from. The art was beautiful, and the concept I thought relatively thought provoking for a manga (or at least, for the ones I've read).
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Ren_sama » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:04 pm

Xavier249 wrote:Really? That is scary that love hina is worse. Is Chobits on the same level?

Chobits is pretty bad...>.<

right now I'm reading Shaman King #17. . .I love this issue~! ^_^
Ren_sama

Postby Aka-chan » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:58 pm

Hrm...making my own, so I haven't been reading much other stuff, but I like to go back and read through my Shaman King collection; it's so funny. I'm still trying to figure out some of the stuff going on in book 27. My Japanese is only so good... XP
Aka-chan

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:22 pm

I just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion Vol 2 and 3 and also Hellsing Vol 1. Both are good.

Im currently and patiently (yet right!) for Trigun Maximum Vol 1 and 2.
Im currently reading Naruto Vol 3 for the....3rd time (im bored...)
Hitokiri

Postby PotBelliedCow » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:36 pm

Xavier249 wrote:Really? That is scary that love hina is worse. Is Chobits on the same level?

No, Chobits isn't that bad...there's nudity in the first, second, and the very last volumes, but in between is okay. There's a lot of talk about sex, but nothing really showing it. In Love Hina, there are at least two hot spring scenes in every volume. I've really enjoyed both series, but in my opinion Love Hina needs to be shrinkwrapped too >_>

Eh? :eh:
PotBelliedCow

Postby harina » Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:59 am

I'm reading Pita Ten, Under the Glass Moon (I'm not sure is it right to call it manga) and Saiyuki.
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. [Hebr. 11:1]
harina

Postby AngelSakura » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:07 pm

I am currently reading Trigun #2 - Deep Space Planet Future Gun Action!, after just finishing up Trigun #1 - Deep Space Planet Future Gun Action!
:drool: I've read the second one twice in an attempt to help my brain digest it...I think my brain just threw it back up.....
Too much deepness! I'm a simple brained person who can't handle much deeper than Marmalade Boy or Parfait Tic....
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Ren_sama » Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:44 pm

Aka-chan wrote: I'm still trying to figure out some of the stuff going on in book 27. My Japanese is only so good... XP

Your Japanese is amazing!!
Book 27? Is that the book with the choke pictures of Ren..? XD Yay Ren!! =^O^=
Ren_sama

Postby TrigunX89 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:16 am

Well, I have a cold and my mom felt bad, so she got me Trigun Maximum vol 1. So far it's as good as (if not better than) the original. It seems the anime took bits and pieces of both series, which I didn't know. Thumbs up. :thumb:
TrigunX89

Postby Banana-chan » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:36 am

i just finished reading ,about 2 minutes ago, Dragon Knights Book 14
-meeh
C.T.'s pet chipmunk and daughter. I love my daddy and mommy!

C.T.= Daddy
AgentSmith700=Mommy!

Pets/People I've adopted:
-Sunako (Half Kitty)
-Wingzero22 (Wolf)
-Nami (Tiger)
-Ky Kiske (something from the ocean ^^;;;; )
-Firestorm (Flame kitty)
-Sonic_13
-Sakura15 (wolf)
-Agentsmith700 (Yes i adopted my mother...he's a turtle! X3)

Granddaughter: Shadowchild
Banana-chan

Postby Xavier249 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:02 am

PotBelliedCow wrote:No, Chobits isn't that bad...there's nudity in the first, second, and the very last volumes, but in between is okay. There's a lot of talk about sex, but nothing really showing it. In Love Hina, there are at least two hot spring scenes in every volume. I've really enjoyed both series, but in my opinion Love Hina needs to be shrinkwrapped too >_>

Sorry, I was vague with my first question, I'll ask another. What's Negima like?

I've read the first love hina book (umm. yuck.) and all of chobits, which I found to be pretty cool, if you can ignore all of what you described.

Knight of the CAA

"Radio Show Stuffs!"

Xavier249

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:06 pm

I finished my Shonene Jump for July and decided to wait on Prince of Tennis 1 until I read Hikaru No Go 1, so I can read the entries in Jump.... so I guess I haven't finished entirely.... just wanna catch up. I love One Piece!! Yeah!!!!
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Aka-chan » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:20 pm

Ren_sama wrote:Your Japanese is amazing!!
Book 27? Is that the book with the choke pictures of Ren..? XD Yay Ren!! =^O^=

25 has more Ren than 27 (27's mostly Yoh). My mom found my runaway volume 19 yesterday, so I'm happily rereading that. ^_________^ (Even if 4/5 of the book is flashbacks.) XD
Aka-chan

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews