Calling All Ouran Fans!!!!!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby NarutoAngel221 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:24 pm

I do love Ouran and I just love haruhi ...wish they can come up with second season for this one
Naruto Forever. Can't wait for a Naruto MMORPG
NarutoAngel221

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:27 am

Wyntre Rose (post: 1336085) wrote:Of course, I haven't read the manga - I'm driving myself crazy enough with Fullmetal Alchemist, xxxHolic and Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles being ongoing series that I have to wait for resolution on...and those at least look to be wrapping up soon, whereas there seems to be no ending in sight for Ouran, as far as I've heard.

I would LOVE to see a second season of it animated, though! Ouran is one of my favorites, and I always want more of a good thing! Especially since they left it so open ended. They just very much need to reunite the original casts if they do, both Japanese and English.
Well, as for a second seasons of the anime I haven't heard anything and it most likely won't happne (in the near future at least XD). That being said, I'm sorry to have to inform you of this (since you're driving yourself crazy with those other ongoing series) but if you want Ouran to 'continue' read the manga. It goes much further than the anime and into a lot more detail (as is usually the case with any manga that has an anime). And if you read up to where it is in Japan (a.k.a. the recently released/new chapters released there) then its closer to 'wrapping up' than how far they've released it in America/ any other country. XD

NarutoAngel221 (post: 1341001) wrote:I do love Ouran and I just love haruhi ...wish they can come up with second season for this one
Going from what I said above, read the manga! I don't know when if they ever will make a second season, so instead of waiting on that treat yourself to the manga! Its far better and much more rewarding plot wise. ;)
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby PrincessZelda » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:12 pm

[quote="Fantasy Dreamer (post: 1341075)"]

Going from what I said above, read the manga! I don't know when if they ever will make a second season, so instead of waiting on that treat yourself to the manga! Its far better and much more rewarding plot wise. ]

Seriously, the manga is amazing. It's like the anime ends 1/4 of the way through the story, right when things start getting serious. Not to say it's not funny anymore, because it's still hilarious, but the plot gets a lot deeper and more interesting.
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby PrincessZelda » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Oh, and also

[spoiler]I was really, REALLY happy when Haruhi finally figured out how she felt about Tamaki X3 I really liked the scene where she like, runs into the store and starts reading all the magazines and shoujo manga. That scene really made me laugh, hard. XD

Man... I like, had just read that chapter, and was planning on waiting to read the rest... but nope, I ended up reading like, all that was available to read the next day, hahaha... [/spoiler]

But yeah, I'm absolutely in love with this manga now. Probably my favorite.
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby ScalpelFactory » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:41 pm

I feel so behind! I've seen the anime a couple of times through, but only read the first few volumes of this manga. I really need to catch up.
-{Bifauxnen Extraordinaire}-
-{My Cosplay LJ}-
MOES - Sig heil!
WE TAKE OUR DULLAHANS PRETTY SERIOUSLY AROUND HERE.
ScalpelFactory

Postby Chibi0saka » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:02 am

Hmmm, I have to say I actually prefer the anime. I really like how the anime doesn't end on a definite pairing, whereas the manga, Haruhi actually returns one of the boy's feelings. I guess I like the manga, and I wish they could have put Mori's little brother in the anime but I think that it seems to kind of be dragging on a little bit. It doesn't quite have the smoothness of the ending of the anime. I guess I'm just the sort of person who likes to end it without knowing for sure who she ended up with. Although I have to say HikaruxHaruhi is my favorite couple <3
[font="Verdana"][color="RoyalBlue"]NOTHING but the blood[/color][/font]
Chibi0saka

Postby PrincessZelda » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:11 pm

Well... I can kind of understand that. I watched the anime first before I ever read the manga, and I thought the ending was good. However, I thought it was kind of abrupt and sudden, and like there needed to be a little more story...

But I don't know, I didn't really have that much of a problem with it until I read the manga. I like that solves a lot of issues that are still kind of left in the air at the end of the anime. Still, I think the anime is fine on it's own, and the ending was good.

PrincessZelda

Postby blkmage » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:13 pm

The common problem with judging anime adaptations against their manga source is that often times, the anime is really an unfinished story. For the most part, most anime are fairly obvious in who they're trying to set up as the main characters and in Ouran's case, as much as I prefer Haruhi with Hikaru, the story has been set up for Haruhi to go with Tamaki from the very beginning.

Make no mistake: as much as Ouran tries thwart the standard shoujo tropes and appear as a comedy and satire at the beginning, it is very much a shoujo romance. Otherwise, there is no reason to explore the various struggles that each character faces. Notice that Kyouya, Kaoru, Hikaru, Mori, and Honey all have had their own little arcs where they're the focus for a bunch of chapters. And the reason that Ouran isn't finished yet is because the problems Tamaki and Haruhi are facing are still unresolved.

Since the anime covers the early part of Ouran, the overall emphasis is more on the comedy than on the drama. As a result, the anime ending didn't need to make sure to finish off any development of the characters before it closed down. And that's fine for a comedy. But that's not what Ouran is. And this is why the Ouran manga is soldiering on.
blkmage

Postby PrincessZelda » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:04 pm

Yeah, I agree with you entirely. It is still a comedy, and pretty satirical, but it is still very much a shojo romance story.

PrincessZelda

Postby unwritten101 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:27 pm

wow... I think I'm the only diehard Tama-Haru shipper out there. :red: I just think they complete each other. I've only watched the anime but plan to read the manga this summer when I have more time. But even though Tamaki is kind of like Haruhi's dad, I think that makes it even more of a reason they should get together, because Haruhi is so much of a parallel of her mother. But that's just me. Tamaki is one of my favorite anime characters ever though so I'm kind of biased. LOVE THIS SHOW!
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God and God in him. -1 John 4:7
unwritten101

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:04 pm

I ship them too if it makes you feel better. HikaHaru never rubbed me the right way though.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:16 pm

kay now, don't make me have to dredge up my old posts about Hikaru and Haruhi.
blkmage

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:55 pm

blkmage (post: 1367141) wrote:kay now, don't make me have to dredge up my old posts about Hikaru and Haruhi.

Might I ask you to dredge them up merely because I'm interested in hearing them? XD Maybe don't post it publicly if you don't want, but... anyway... just a thought XD
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby blkmage » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:13 pm

This probably sums it up pretty well. The relevant part:

One thing that I am fairly unhappy about is the fact that it’s almost inevitable that the whole thing will end in Haruhi ending up with Tamaki. I guess one of the reasons I don’t like this is because it’s fairly obvious and set in stone. But otherwise, I think he’s too ideal and unrealistic — there really isn’t anything wrong with him, other than the fact that he’s kind of slow and his biggest fault is in his trying to keep the dynamics of the Host Club unchanged. Essentially, everything in the manga has been stacked in his favour for him and the only thing preventing anything from happening is his idiocy and refusal to face the truth. I much prefer the Tamaki that just tries to keep the club together.

And this is why I feel like Hikaru and Kaoru got screwed over. Both of them love Haruhi and both of them are aware of it, but most importantly, both of them went through ridiculous amounts of character development because of it. With the realization that they’re both competing for the same girl, they had to struggle against each other. Eventually, this ended in Kaoru deciding to step aside for Hikaru and both of them having their worldview changed from the focus on themselves.

Haruhi is definitely the catalyst for the entirety of their development, since she’s the first person to tell both of them apart. She certainly hasn’t invoked any similarly huge character changes from any other member of the Host Club. And it makes sense for the twins to be attracted to her because of the fact that she knows them so well that she can distinguish them when they’ve been actively stopping people from being able to do so.

I also enjoy the interaction between the twins and Haruhi far more than those of Tamaki and Haruhi. With Tamaki, we get a lot of “olol Tamaki is stupid” or Tamaki acting in his father-daughter mindset, whereas the twins are more like her. It just seems unfortunate that all of this work spent on the twins and all of their internal conflict is going to be flushed down the drain as Tamaki just does nothing and gets a happy ending. In this case, it would seem like not only Hikaru lost, but Kaoru as well, since he stopped pursuing Haruhi to help his brother win her.

As I mentioned before, I’m not the target audience of the manga; that is, I’m a guy. It was very clear that the majority of folks on whatever Ouran boards were for Tamaki and Haruhi and I was in the minority that liked the idea of Hikaru and Haruhi together. It made sense to me when I realized it; girls (the target audience) like Tamaki because that’s his character and that’s the way he was written. Of course, that gives me no reason to like him, and I don’t; I don’t relate to him at all, and I find the twins far more interesting as characters.
blkmage

Postby PrincessZelda » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:17 pm

unwritten101 (post: 1367101) wrote:wow... I think I'm the only diehard Tama-Haru shipper out there. :red: I just think they complete each other. I've only watched the anime but plan to read the manga this summer when I have more time. But even though Tamaki is kind of like Haruhi's dad, I think that makes it even more of a reason they should get together, because Haruhi is so much of a parallel of her mother. But that's just me. Tamaki is one of my favorite anime characters ever though so I'm kind of biased. LOVE THIS SHOW!

Nooo, don't worry, you're not the only one! XD I am too

PrincessZelda

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:27 pm

blkmage (post: 1367181) wrote:This probably sums it up pretty well. The relevant part:

Blkmage, I hope you don't mind if I hug you for that.

Not to start a big huge argument or debate or even friendly heated discussion over it (XD) but I agree with you. \o.o/ And I thank you whole-heartedly for saying that. XD

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Gelka » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:37 am

I'm so happy this thread is still going.<3333 I finally have the manga for Ouran. I'm now up to the 12th book.(that's what happens when you buy 5 at a time) I can't believe Haruhi likes Tama!!!!!!! I kind of would rather her end up with Hikaru. =o.o=

But, then again...I don't mind what happens that much as long as Hunny-senpai<3 remains his cute adorable self!<33333
That Dude (post: 1385194) wrote:When God made Gelka, he decided to mix bubbles, rainbows, sharks, cupcakes, chocolate chips, puppies, kitties, and fun all into one bunch.

[color="Pink"]chatbot 01:50 - Wind asks, how does Gelka look Squished???
My answer: O.O[/color]
Gelka

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:26 pm

Perhaps I should've stated that I've read little of the manga, and in the anime it gave a ship tease episode between Haruhi and Hikaru, and seemed to leave it alone after that. It seemed to me like some sort of random thing just thrown out rather randomly, and not really touched upon again.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:42 pm

I think my biggest problem with Tamaki and Haruhi is that I still (77 chapters in) don't have a sense of why they're attracted to each other and I don't see them changing each other very much. Or rather, I don't see those things that are unique to Tamaki and Haruhi. Like I said before, I see a lot more of those things in Hikaru or Kaoru and Haruhi.
blkmage

Postby Gelka » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:18 pm

Totally agrees with you. Hikaru seems to fit Haruhi more but, that's the way Hatori seems to be doing it....o.o
That Dude (post: 1385194) wrote:When God made Gelka, he decided to mix bubbles, rainbows, sharks, cupcakes, chocolate chips, puppies, kitties, and fun all into one bunch.

[color="Pink"]chatbot 01:50 - Wind asks, how does Gelka look Squished???
My answer: O.O[/color]
Gelka

Postby Pejiilu » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:00 pm

*blames gelka and is gonna buy it soon*
Pejiilu

Postby PrincessZelda » Sun May 02, 2010 4:27 pm

[spoiler]kjbgksdjbgk She finally told him, and then the chapter ended right there! AARRGGHHH[/spoiler]

PrincessZelda

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun May 02, 2010 4:42 pm

I must admit, these last few chapters have been leading up to a satisfying ending has been being handled pretty well. Minus a little bit of humor that falls a bit flat, I'm enjoying it. I am always a sucker for the "Everyone pitches in on the finale" and I like the references to the beginning that have been showing up.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby SailorDove » Sun May 02, 2010 7:01 pm

I've always been partial to Mori as my fav character. Though, its fun to watch Tamaki's antics. (I think Haruhi finds it amusing as well.) Regarding the pairing, I'd have to say I agree with the Anime canon version. Enjoy the comedy spoofing itself & the genre.

Read a little of the manga, but watched the anime. Seem to prefer the later. But, I should try to find more copies of the manga & see what I'm missing.
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby Atria35 » Sun May 02, 2010 7:20 pm

I'm a big fan of both the anime and manga- they both have their own merits :)

I'm also a big TamakixHaruhi shipper- he lightens up her world.
And that way, I can leave Kyouya open for a fanfic with an OC charrie of mine XD
I HEART KYOUYA! lolz- I'm such a fangirl!
Atria35

Postby Atria35 » Sun May 02, 2010 7:21 pm

I'm a big fan of both the anime and manga- they both have their own merits :)

I'm also a big TamakixHaruhi shipper- he lightens up her world.
And that way, I can leave Kyouya open for a fanfic with an OC charrie of mine XD
I HEART KYOUYA! lolz- I'm such a fangirl!
Atria35

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun May 02, 2010 7:28 pm

Honey is the greatest character in all of Ouran. Don't try denying it.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby PrincessZelda » Sun May 02, 2010 8:11 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1391774) wrote:Honey is the greatest character in all of Ouran. Don't try denying it.

Seriously. Man, I wish I could eat cake all day and stay the same size. And have awesome martial arts skillz.

PrincessZelda

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon May 03, 2010 6:35 pm

For some reason lately, I've been feeling like rewatching this series.

Is the manga ever going to end? If it does end soon, I may go ahead and read it. (I really don't see how it's gone on as long as it has.)
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby blkmage » Mon May 03, 2010 6:42 pm

It definitely seems like it's ending soon, although given typical shoujo plotting, it could also be halfway. And it's gone on this long because of shoujo relationship drama, basically.
blkmage

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews