July Coloring Contest!!

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby Esoteric » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:25 pm

piloswine wrote:I await the finished versian of that esoteric.

In the mean time, I must get busy... I have not even started on this months comp, and the time is nearly up. No time. Must go work on entry.

*leaves*

ehe, ehehehe, you're gonna be waiting a long, long time... None of my other projects are more than half finished, and just to prove they exist, here are little snippits. Yeah, I'm pretty much just waiting around to see you guys' versions, finished or otherwise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Esoteric

Postby olorc » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:58 am

it seems so far that interest in this month isn't nearly what it was last month.
you guys gunna let eso take this uncontested?
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Photosoph » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:24 pm

Not at all! However I'm still tossing up backgrounds etc; while I like the idea for my pic, I have to say it didn't turn out the way I thought it would. ^_^ Anyway... *goes off to get back to working on her entry*.

Those are cool snippits, Eso! I really like the scene with the house and windmill... and the way you've down the sword is so smooth and shiny!

<EDIT>Well, after adding the background and tweaking and tweaking and tweaking... I decided it was finished. Well, finished enough; I know that I could tweak it forever. :sweat: I hope its filesize isn't too big -then again, I'm on dialup and that was going extremely slowly today, so it might be fine.

Here's my entry: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/Photosoph/30632adf.jpg
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Esoteric » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:10 pm

Whoa, that's...probably to most original entry I've ever seen (if you don't count Pilowswines stuff :lol: ). Most curious, as I muse at the meaning of falling, headlong, into the words. I am filled with poetic ramblings... hehe.

Way cool, Soph, and I'm sure everyone else will agree.
Esoteric

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:32 pm

Wow! Looks like you guys have been busy!

I only wish my half completed entries looked like Eso's. I'm having fun just trying to dream up a narrative for that entry, there's so much detail and it looks quite action packed. And, of course, I love the dramatic lighting. And Photosoph's is so original...wow. I could seriously see it as the cover to a creative writing magazine or journal. I love the concept and the colors are so pretty, plus it looks so polished and professional. Awesome work guys! ^_^

I kinda hacked something together tonight in a panic because I realized the deadline is looming, but I'll prolly need the next few days to try and clean it up. Unfortunately, I've been procrastinating. I'm getting kinda overwhelmed between work, the multiple art ideas that have been springing to my mind and fading away before I can get 'em down on paper, my bad habit of promising people artwork and the fact that school is starting in less the 6 weeks, but I've accomplished next to nothing on my list of things that I wanted to accomplish this summer. *gasps for air*

Eh, sorry about the ranting. I definitely don't seem to have it as bad as poor Eso, and it would seem that you all have been quite busy as well.

On a slightly more back on topic note: it's weird, I seem to be inflicting my worst nightmares on the poor dude in my version :sweat:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Photosoph » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:15 pm

Lol! It'll be cool to see what your version looks like. *Gets soft toy and blankie ready just in case.* Hope both your busy-ness calms down enough for you to have lots of relaxing breathers.

Thanks guys; I've always liked the idea of people getting sucked into books, and that's the base idea for my entry. I was going to do an open book at the bottom... but got lazy and decided that it would take too much effort. :lol:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby olorc » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:28 am

wow. very cool photosoph. most likely the most original entry yet that has a decent shot at winning (sorry piloswine...yours are good too.)
where be mave and all the rest who were here last time?
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Scribs » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:57 am

The deadline is coming up, isn't it...

Well I had better get going on this then. you can expect one from me in a day or so.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Photosoph » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:07 pm

I think a lot of people are busy this week. It's diappointing; but maybe there will be more next time? And there may be more people (like Piloswine!) who have yet to post.
CreatureArt said she'll try to find time to get her entry in. She's busy at the moment too.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:24 pm

the_Lizardqueen wrote:Eh, sorry about the ranting. I definitely don't seem to have it as bad as poor Eso, and it would seem that you all have been quite busy as well.

On a slightly more back on topic note: it's weird, I seem to be inflicting my worst nightmares on the poor dude in my version

Actually, it sounds like you have it worse! :lol: Um, your worst nightmares? He wouldn't be falling into the gaping jaws of a glowing dolphin of doom, or something would he? eek, I just remembered someone's birthday is coming up, gotta make a card fast! *runs off*
Esoteric

Postby Mave » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:18 pm

Sorry everyone :sweat: I have a few tight deadlines to meet so I have to withdraw from this month. I'm pretty sure I can participate next month!
Mave

Postby Esoteric » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:53 pm

Mave wrote:Sorry everyone :sweat: I have a few tight deadlines to meet so I have to withdraw from this month. I'm pretty sure I can participate next month!

NOOOOOOOOO! *faints*
Esoteric

Postby CreatureArt » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:21 pm

Awww... I'll miss seeing your entry, Mave!

*looks left and right furtively*
All right, I'll try to get an entry in. It's my Mum's 50th this weekend, so I'm hiding out at the computer hoping they aren't going to call me to do something more today. I've just helped out with the food shopping for tomorrow..... !_!

It'll be hard to top the current entries, but lets see if I can manage to finish something ^_^.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Photosoph » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:13 pm

I'll miss your entry too, Mave! But I hope you manage to meet your deadlines, and hopefully we'll see you next month.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:28 pm

Sigh. I can't make it this month as well. I'm rather busy.
bigsleepj

Postby olorc » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:08 am

only one day left until I will cast judgment upon you all (in a non-blasphemous kind of way)
olorc

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:37 am

Mave wrote:I'm pretty sure I can participate next month!

I'm sure we'll all be quoting you on that ;)

I also really hope that you'll be able to enter next month, bigsleep. Ack, I can't believe that deadline is tomorrow! Well, I'm definitely entering, regardless of how complete or strange looking my entry is. Mebbe I should go abstract, it might save time..
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

the_lizardqueen

Postby Photosoph » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:21 pm

That it might. Anyway.... all the best for your entry, LQ! It's good to see another person entering this month's comp. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby CreatureArt » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:49 pm

Well, I apologise for the roughness of my entry.... but I managed to get something done quickly this morning! I would have spent longer, but I really have to help tidy the house before everyone else arrives to help with the food, cleaning, etc.

So here's my underwater version!

the_lizardqueen wrote:
Mave wrote:I'm pretty sure I can participate next month!

I'm sure we'll all be quoting you on that ]

Lol - yes, we will. :evil:
The entries so far this month look fantastic!

(*PSoph's sitting next to me right now, so this is what she just said: ... what was it again, Soph? Just have the keyboard and type. I'm too lazy to transpose: "Why thank you Sarah, although it's strange to watch you silently type that while I'm right next to you. Shouldn't you be complimenting me out loud?" Yep. That's all from our Weather correspondent, now back to the main story on Tonight News....*)

As I was saying, the entries look fantastic, and I'm sorry that a lot of people weren't able to compete. I'm looking forward to yours, too, LQ. ^_^

Olorc wrote:only one day left until I will cast judgment upon you all (in a non-blasphemous kind of way)

ROFL. :lol:

<<EDIT>> Thanks to Soph's studious efforts as I cleaned, the thumbnail should finally work now. ^_^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Esoteric » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:12 pm

Ack, I think your link is broken, LQ! I want to see, it looks so cool from the thumbnail, but when I click on it, I get a broken link 'X'. :mutter:
Esoteric

Postby CreatureArt » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:44 pm

uh.. are you referring to me? I'm guessing so :) .

Thanks, Esoteric! Lol - things always look better when they're small-isized, though. I'm just relieved I managed to get an entry in.

Ah well.. back to cleaning. I feel like Honda Tohru.... without the positive attitude/work ethic.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Esoteric » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:09 pm

CreatureArt wrote:uh.. are you referring to me? I'm guessing so :) .

Thanks, Esoteric! Lol - things always look better when they're small-isized, though. I'm just relieved I managed to get an entry in.

Ah well.. back to cleaning. I feel like Honda Tohru.... without the positive attitude/work ethic.

Whoops! I tell you I'm delerious from working overtime! I was scolling through the posts and for some (again, delerious) reason thought that was LQ's entry. Sorry CreatureArt! ^^;; It's totally looks cool!!
Esoteric

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:25 pm

Ack, I wish mine looked as awesome as CA's! Aw well, I'm going to plug away at mine for the next hour and a half, try and clean it up and submit it at midnight-ish (local time), for better or for worse :sweat:

the_lizardqueen

Postby CreatureArt » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:44 pm

Thanks, Esoteric and LQ!

No problem, Eso - I do it all the time, too -think someone's said something when it is actually someone else - but then sneakily edit my posts so that few, if any, people notice :evil: :lol:

I wish I could have done more to my entry but I'm happy with it so that's cool.

[scared]I'm also hiding out at the computer, hoping no-one will remember I'm here and therefore give me work to do.[/scared]

Oooo I can't wait to see yours, too, LQ. I'm sure its going to look awesome. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Photosoph » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:54 pm

I, on the other hand, am free and sheltering at the computer while CA is called away to clean and prepeare. :evil:
It'll be cool to see your entry, LQ; just don't overwork yourself trying to make it perfect, for your own health and sanity.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:42 pm

But I wanna overwork it!! *pouts*

Alas, I seem to be out of time, so here it is, in all it's unfinished glory. I could probably rave for at least page about all the things I wanted to do with it, but I'll try not to. Though I did what to figure out how to do ripply underwater light effects, and I wanted to do underwater ruins, or a ginormous scary shadowy whale- *claps her hands over her mouth before she gets carried away*

Poor guy, I'm quite afraid of deep dark water and drowning, possibly due to being trapped under the surface. Which is strange, since I'm actually a really strong swimmer. Hence the earlier comments about nightmares. Fish scare me O_o

the_lizardqueen

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:17 am

That is _awesome_, LQ!

I really, really like how you've done all the shading on the guy and the background. Fantastic! I wish I could write just why I think its cool in detail but I've been told to go to bed. It's after the party and... late. ^_^; I'll try to do so tomorrow. :)

What an awesome entry!
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Esoteric » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:31 am

Ooooooooooohhh. Lovely sooooftt shaaaading..... I wanna go swiming now!!! Actually, I've wanted to go swiming for a couple days, but now I really really do! That is so beautiful, LQ! I'm a big fan of soft shading and that just works great with the under-water tones. Wow.
Esoteric

Postby Mave » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:32 pm

Good griefy, you guys are terrific! I don't think I can pull off any of your coloring techniques XDDDDDDDD Beautiful job, guys. Simply beautiful.
Mave

Postby Photosoph » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:52 pm

Wow -that looks so cool, LQ! I love the shadowy fish at the botton... and all the different tones of blue and lighting effects... :drool: ...they look amazing.

I want to go swimming too! Of course, it's winter now... so maybe not in the sea. ;)

I have a slight fear of surf beaches after almost being pulled out by a rip. :eh: But I still love to swim in the ocean -just not at surf beaches. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner