If You Lived in an Anime...

Talk about anything in here.

If You Lived in an Anime...

Postby Kilvakar » Sun May 25, 2014 2:49 pm

Which one would you like to live in? And what sort of character would you be? Multiple answers are fine.

I would have to say that I would probably prefer to live in the Fairy Tail setting. I would definitely be a member of Fairy Tail itself, as either a Water Dragon Slayer or a Water Wizard like Juvia. I probably wouldn't brawl as much as many guild members do, but I'd definitely be right there ready to fight alongside my friends whenever the need arose.
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Re: If You Lived in an Anime...

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Mon May 26, 2014 4:50 pm

Not Attack on Titan! :D

I'd like to live in the Naruto world. I'd be a leaf village shinobi that excels in close range combat, and healing. I would be BOSS. ^_^ I'd have a team of myself and 3 students, and we'd do missions together.

If not that, the Ouran High School Host Club world would be interesting. xD I don't know, it just looks like fun.
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby drill » Mon May 26, 2014 7:11 pm

Alright,

Fate/Zero - I would like to be in the fight for the Holy Grail. Hopefully I wouldn't die though. :sweat:
Little Busters! - SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Definitely like to repeat a fun high school experience indefinitely :D
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun - Having powers like that would be cool. I would probably go for teleportation.
Cowboy Bebop - Being a bounty hunter in space would be epic. Even just having my own ship would be cool. I would make sure to avoid Mars and Earth though. :sweat:
Pokemon: The Origin - A world with pokemon, and a world with Red instead of Ash :D I would probably want to be a gym leader.
drill

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon May 26, 2014 7:33 pm

Dis gon be good... :cool:

Hmm...Maybe the world(s) of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle: I'd travel to those different worlds and experience all they had to offer as well as help people out if I could. :)

Tsuritama: Seriously. Who wouldn't want to go fishing SPOILER: Highlight text to read: with an alien fish? I'd be Haru's bestie. ^_^

Ouran High School Host Club: Since I'm a girl, I'd dress like a boy so I could hang out as a member of the host club and go on crazy yet touching adventures with those weirdos! lol. XD

I'll probably be back with more later once I've watched more.
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Xeno » Tue May 27, 2014 12:39 am

UC Gundam, because death is certain.
Xeno

Postby Kilvakar » Tue May 27, 2014 8:10 pm

Ooo, I forgot Pokemon! I'd love to be a Pokemon trainer, I'd definite specialize in Water-type Pokemon, with Feraligatr as my main! (In case it's not obvious, water is my favorite element, lol!)
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Crossfire » Tue May 27, 2014 8:56 pm

Dittoing Universal Century Gundam, for the sole purpose of piloting one of these beauties.

Also, FMP. I'm pretty much a poor-man's Sousuke anyways.
Last edited by Crossfire on Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crossfire

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed May 28, 2014 4:41 am

I can't decide if I want to be one of the mooks who dies in the first episode, or part of the 99.9% of the population that never gets any magic powers or interacts with anyone involved with the plot.
uc pseudonym

Postby Kilvakar » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:28 pm

Well, I suppose not being magical is better than being dead, lol!
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby Danderson » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:42 pm

...Attack on Titan...

Yeah, there's large Titans to deal with and few people have any cool powers....but, hey, we can fly around in the 3D maneuvering devices. ;)
Danderson

Postby radical edward » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:56 am

Haibane Renmei--it's a nice pleasant world, and no evil exists. Plus it has angels.
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby faithb4sight » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:08 am

My first choice would be the Pokémon world. In general it's a safe place (10 year olds can leave home to wander the world alone!). And also I get POKEMON!
Otherwise, I would say Fairy Tail, so long as I had some kind of cool ability (choice would probably be Sky Dragon Slayer powers).
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby GeneD » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:24 am

Tier 1: This is the stuff of fan-fiction: I have main character powers, am important in the plot and if I die, my death is meaningful to the other characters, helps to motivate them in some way and of course I am epically avenged before the end.
-FMA: Brotherhood
-Baccano
-Tsuritama
-Little Witch Academia
-Read or Die (OAV)
-Tonari no Seki-kun, on the condition that I get Seki-kun's power of never getting caught goofing off.

Tier 2: Because I'd need a really good reason to go back to high school: While I'm not necessarily a main character, I'm guaranteed a decent amount of interaction with the characters. Good for slice of life/set on (mostly) normal Earth stuff.
-Hyouka
-Tsuritama
-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
-Ouran High School Host Club
-Assassination Classroom (manga)
-Iris Zero (manga), emotional baggage tho.
-Mushishi
-Kyousougiga
-Kaiba
-Natsume's Book of Friends
-Time of Eve
-Gatchaman Crowds
-Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta
-Durarara
-Senyuu.

Tier 3: At least it'll be (mostly) peaceful: I'm a random nobody, maybe a background character if I'm lucky. (Also good for slice of life type stuff)
-YKK (manga)
-Tsuritama
-Kyousougiga
-Dennou Coil
-Humanity Has Declined
-Trava/Redline
-The Diary of Tortov Roddle

There's probably more overlap than I've already included, but the list's getting too long anyway.
GeneD

Postby Kilvakar » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:24 pm

I like that list style! It looks like FMA: Brotherhood and Tsuritama are on all of them, I wonder which ones are your favorites... ;)

Yeah, if I was going to be a main character in an action series it'd definitely be Fairy Tail, but Bleach, Pokemon and FMA would be awesome as well.

For normal, slice of life style series I suppose Fairy Tail would still be awesome, but I'd have to say that I'd also like to be a character in Squid Girl, as long as I got to interact with the main cast. Bleach too, if I could join the Karakuraizers! :grin:
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby agasfas » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:42 pm

As cliche as it may seem, Naruto's world would be interesting.... Roaming around doing/participating in secret ninja things and activities. Plus people seem to always have pretty awesome skills and abilities.
agasfas

Postby GeneD » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:37 am

Kilvakar wrote:I like that list style! It looks like FMA: Brotherhood and Tsuritama are on all of them, I wonder which ones are your favorites... ;)

Indeed. The only reason Baccano (my favourite tied with the above) is only in the top tier is because in the other two it would probably mean guaranteed horrible death... or worse.
GeneD

Postby For_Him » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:00 am

Top three anime I would live in.

1. Naruto

2. Cardfight!! Vanguard

3. Fairy Tail
For_Him

Postby Thunderscream872 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:22 am

Eh, Pokémon, or those other early morning anime where all anyone does is compete against each other, score points, and stuff--fun, simple, and ideal!

SAO would be cool, but there's always the threat of someone killing while you're hooked up the game, or getting trapped inside the game while your actual body slowly deteriorates...meh I'll pass.

I think it would be much easier to come up with anime that no one would want to live in, lol.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby twistedfairytale45 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:53 pm

heheheheh. Pokemon first off. I would be a Pokemon Trainer and probably have all kinds of different types! But my focus would probably be fire, water, and flying types.

Second would be Angelic Layer. I would be normal battler just trying to make a name for themselves... I would probably be known as the infinite fighter considering the fact that I would have so many different dolls to choose from.

Pandora Hearts would be a very interesting world to live in in deed... but I wouldn't want to. I'd either be a rare chain that never killed and stayed hidden, or a Baskerville.

Kemono No Souja Erin would be such a cool world to be in... I would be a Beast Tamer like Erin, but mostly for Ojou's

Angel Beats would a be a fun(but depressing) world to be in. I would be one of the crazy ones that took advantage of the fact that I could make anything as long as I knew how it functioned.

I don't actually watch Bleach or Naruto but those both sound really cool right now.

Then there's Soul Eater... I'd be a Scythe... I really like scythes a lot. They are my fav weapon.

Well I think that's it for my rant. This was really fun and enjoyable, thanks for making this topic!
"You can keep walking, or turn back, or take a different road." -Elliot Nightray
"What's left in the end..is not always what you wish for!" - Xerxes Break
twistedfairytale45

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:34 pm

GeneD wrote:
Kilvakar wrote:I like that list style! It looks like FMA: Brotherhood and Tsuritama are on all of them, I wonder which ones are your favorites... ;)

Indeed. The only reason Baccano (my favourite tied with the above) is only in the top tier is because in the other two it would probably mean guaranteed horrible death... or worse.

Well in you got main charachter powers in Baccano, you might never have to worry about dying... permanently.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Mave » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:07 pm

To be honest, I'm not sure if I'd like to live in any anime/manga universes since most titles contain hideous things that I'd rather not encounter in real life (e.g. Attack on Titan...come on, guys, seriously?). I have enough Bleach battles and Naruto politics in my office life. Haha!

But alright, just for fun: I might like to live in the world of Detective Conan and Lupin III (comedy + spy action) where things blow up, ppl chase around with guns & play tricks and no one is seriously injured/looks crappy from the outcome.

...Wait a minute, that sounds a lot like some Hollywood action movies! =)
Mave

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:45 pm

SAO or .hack maybe....

Avatar: the last airbender would be pretty awesome too. I'd be a water-bender.

Wolf's Rain. Its so sad but so beautiful. I love the wolves so much...

Legend of the Legendary Heroes - why? So I can help Ferris bash Ryner around XD

Sands of Destruction: Because, honestly, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: who doesn't love destroying the world? And turning things to sand?
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Kilvakar » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Yeah, there are definitely many fictional settings it would STINK to live in, Attack on Titan being one of them.

Wolfsong, ditto on Avatar. Water-benders are the best!
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby faithb4sight » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:38 pm

I'll take A:TLA as one of my choices so long as I can be the Avatar o.o
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:49 pm

Oh, oh, oh! Avatar too! I'd be a waterbender too! :D
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Kilvakar » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:27 pm

lol! Long live the Water Tribe! :rock:
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:03 pm

PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote:Oh, oh, oh! Avatar too! I'd be a waterbender too! :D

:hug: Welcome aboard!
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Wolfsong

Postby twistedfairytale45 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:27 am

I hate to break this but, actually, I'm a firebender... Like literally. I'm positive that if I spawned into that world for some unkown and crazy reason, I would be a very powerful firebender. But I kinda wish I could be a waterbender... they're cool... if I was the avatar, firebending would be my main strength and then waterbending. I don't trust quizes at all because they think I'm an airbender but I am definitely not calm or relaxed unless I'm sleeping.
"You can keep walking, or turn back, or take a different road." -Elliot Nightray
"What's left in the end..is not always what you wish for!" - Xerxes Break
twistedfairytale45

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:17 pm

I had to. I'm sorry. lol. X3

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:54 pm

We of the water tribe might forgive you, if you're a really nice firebender XD

PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote:Image
I had to. I'm sorry. lol. X3

LOL

Wolfsong

Next

Return to General