Why did you choose your avatar?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby alma » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:00 pm

My avatars are from animes that I really liked or were "the first ones" that I watched.
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:17 pm

Gir is too insanely awesome. I watched one episode and BOOM.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby rocklobster » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:19 pm

So, who is that in your avatar, alma? It kinda reminds me of that painting "The Scream".
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby alma » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:04 pm

It is Aphrodite A, a mecha from anime Mazinger Z.
And you are really funny : )
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby Furen » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:50 pm

Because she's so happy go lucky, even though she has bad health. I think she's really strong for being able to do that :)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Sparx00 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:29 pm

I chose my avatar because not only is friendship magic, it's awesome too.
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:04 pm

I drew it myself and haven't found one I like better. I think this is the longest I've ever had one.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby c.t.,girl » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:24 pm

why wouldn't i choose my avatar? ;D

btw it's a drawing i did of myself. :B
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Crossfire » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:31 am

I chose mine because I hope to become a pilot, and because I love the series.
Crossfire

Postby bkilbour » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:11 pm

...it's me. Can't accuse me of creativity over here. Took a photo and voila!
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby Riggidig » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:20 am

I'm Still Waiting For A Battle! Xo
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby Neane » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:39 am

She's Smart, cunning, beautiful, strong, went through a personal hell, became evil because of it, and then at the end she became good. Plus I love the manga.
Neane

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:24 am

Neane, who is the character in your avatar if you don't mind me asking? She seems pretty neat.

I choose mine because I was simply looking for a new avatar one day, came across this one and then lol'd at the pure awesomeness of it. :lol:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Robin Firedrake » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:33 am

Mine is a drawing of a character of mine, so, I use it just because. (Not MY drawing. I could never draw that well.)
Robin Firedrake

Postby sailorsaturn » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:34 pm

What's my avatar look like again? I haven't posted in so long that I've forgotten.

Edit: Oh yeah! That thing! I made this avatar because my brother forced me to sit down and watch Gurran Lagann and now I'm stinking in love with it! Especially Princess Nia, how can you not love her? :P
sailorsaturn

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:09 pm

I wanted a pic of Rainbowdash angry and I found this one to be the best.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Nekomimi » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:35 am

From "Toradora". I liked this the best because it's so insanely dorky and so in public - and Ryu's friends went along with it. Nice.
Nekomimi

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:41 am

Mine is Rin Kagamine. I love her as my avy cuz she looks sooooo cute in this pic.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby c.t.,girl » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:55 am

Neane (post: 1500871) wrote:She's Smart, cunning, beautiful, strong, went through a personal hell, became evil because of it, and then at the end she became good. Plus I love the manga.

WHAT MANGA?! It reminds me of Deadman Wonderland...but I have a feeling I'm wrong...
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:37 am

TopazRaven wrote:Neane, who is the character in your avatar if you don't mind me asking?

c.t.,girl wrote:WHAT MANGA?! It reminds me of Deadman Wonderland...but I have a feeling I'm wrong...

The series is Mirai Nikki.
uc pseudonym

Postby Exlon » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:46 pm

I chose Xion (Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days) as my avatar. With her hood covering her face, I thought I could use the avatar as a representation, per se, of who my own character would be in the series.

(Exlon is actually a name I made up to fit into the series for fun.)
Exlon

Postby Edward » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:46 pm

I decided to use this avatar because I like playing the Metroid games.
Edward

Postby Makachop^^128 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:13 pm

My friends have told me I look like the girl in this anime, and I was gonna cosplay as her, and its got coffee in it!
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Masquerade1412 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:17 pm

I just finished "The World God Only Knows", which is now one of my favorites. I decided to use Katsuragi as my avatar.
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Postby Juliannesan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:17 am

Mine is Aya(Ran) & Aya Fujimiya from Weiss Kreuz. (Brother and sister)
Just because I love the icon, and Aya(Ran) is still one of my favorite anime characters of all time. (from the first show, I haven't seen the second one yet)
Plus that show has both my favorite Japanese seiyuus in it. Koyasu Takehito and Seki Tomokasu (sp?), yep.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby DrWhoof » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:58 am

Because Princess Celestia is my hero (well, not more of a hero than God) <3 She's so wise.
DrWhoof

Postby raider~joseph » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:57 am

Ahh brony...you are among friends.I picked mine because of my DeathKnight phase and the fact I am trying to end the pony non pony war.Think I may have succeded though because no one is posting anymore. Also because I like WoW and deathknights are so WoW.
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby SolidÃ…rmor » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:45 am

I chose mine:
3) Joe Madureria is an awesome artist
2) The drawing is a tribute to 9/11
1) It was during a time where we all needed God's mercy, grace and wisdom to guide us not to fear, but to enlightenment....that those caught in the event got to go home before all of us.

At least, I can only pray that they were able to be with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Bless me indeed
Open wide my horizons to share your name
Bless me indeed
Let your hand keep me
from harm and pain
Bless me
Bless me
SolidÃ…rmor

Postby Narnian » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:41 pm

I chose my avatar because Nagisa is one of my favorite characters from Clannad since she is a sweet yet strong character. I also love the fact that she's smiling in the photo since it add a friendly aspect to my posts and profile, as I am a friendly person in real life.
[align=center]Christ follower, cosplayer, and anime fan. Jesus is the best!

2 Corinthians 2:14-15
14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. 15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.

MAL
Blog
DA
Christian cosplayers unite!
DA
Narnian

Postby Asuka Neko » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:08 pm

Because Demyx is adorable and has awesome hair. Also, I really like that picture of him and I never see it anywhere...
~My Website~
[color="Cyan"]"Have you ever gotten the urge to do something crazy... and AWESOME!?" -Demyx[/color]
Asuka Neko

Previous Next

Return to General