Why did you choose your avatar?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:15 am

I chose my new avatar because I thought it was HILARIOUS. It's probably more so in context: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/11/dogs-dont-understand-basic-concepts.html

No but really, I love the way it's drawn, and the frenzied desperation of the dog trying to get the socks off its feet... it is bizarrely accurate in summing up my current mental state.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby aliveinHim » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Mine's Rin Kagamine cuz she's adorable and I liked this pic of her.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby TheMewster » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:15 pm

Mines a cat because it's cute and I haven't gotten around to changing my avatar yet.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Riona » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:49 pm

I picked my avatar because it's from the first anime I ever watched (maybe--it was either Kimba or Astroboy). It's Kimba's older sister, and I hope to be like an older sister to other people here. When I was in first grade I wanted to be Astroboy though.
Riona

Postby Lynna » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:58 pm

aliveinHim (post: 1505343) wrote:Mine's Rin Kagamine cuz she's adorable and I liked this pic of her.

*high five*
Mine's Rin Kagamine for the same awesome reasons <3
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Atria35 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:00 pm

Yuki-Anne (post: 1505080) wrote:I chose my new avatar because I thought it was HILARIOUS. It's probably more so in context: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/11/dogs-dont-understand-basic-concepts.html

No but really, I love the way it's drawn, and the frenzied desperation of the dog trying to get the socks off its feet... it is bizarrely accurate in summing up my current mental state.

WHen I first saw yours I stopped for a moment, and then started laughing my head off. I had to go back and re-read that blog! Sooo good! ^.^
Atria35

Postby Blacklight » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:47 pm

The story behind my current avatar is that for a long time I've been wanting to draw my own avatar, and could never decide what to make. I had been making character graphics for some games by sketching and inking them, then scanning them, and this one was already available (just without color), so I just colored it to use.
[color="Blue"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color]
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="DeepSkyBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color][/font]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[color="Pink"]chatbot 03:36 - Blacklight asks, are you sane?
My answer: It's hard to say, really.[/color]
Blacklight

Postby alma » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:17 pm

My current avatar: Elizabeth Thompson.
She is one of Death the Kid weapons.
I like her personality and how she relates to Kid (he is my favorite character in Soul Eater).
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby theladyeri » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:10 pm

I chose mine because I love Heian era japan, and the mysteriousness of japanese myths.
[font="Arial Black"]A moment of thought bests a year of mindless talk.[/font]
theladyeri

Postby Popyman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:12 pm

Because I love Cave Story, pixel art, and I've always loved that picture. :3
Popyman

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Mine is Thane Krios from Mass Effect 2 because that game is beast. XP
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:02 pm

I chose my avatar because I like Tsubasa, and Mokona is cute. I've had the same avatar for a long time now, though. I should probably change it.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Celty from Durarara is pretty rad and I decided I finally needed to switch to a non-Hetalia avatar for once. :lol:
TopazRaven

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:12 am

Celty doesn't have a head.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:15 am

What has that to do with why I chose her as my avatar? She does have a head, it's just missing.
TopazRaven

Postby ABlipinTime » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Popyman (post: 1510813) wrote:Because I love Cave Story, pixel art, and I've always loved that picture. :3

you do have an awesome pic
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:30 am

I am obsessed with Kingdom HeartsXD, that should answer your question :3
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Watermaster2 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:53 pm

Mine is probably pretty obvious, haha! Pokemon is my favorite anime and Misty is my favorite character. That being, that is also how I chose my username. ^^
Watermaster2

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:00 pm

Weirdly enough, I'm not entirely sure why I chose this avatar. What's even weirder is that I went to the trouble of making it myself. XD; I think I just liked him and his expression...

No, wait. I chose this character because I'll also track down people for cookies. Yeah.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Dante » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Because animated gifs aren't allowed :P.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby ebonyrose » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:48 am

Because it looked cool? :3

._. *is a failure at life*
This shall be updated when I decide that I have something interesting enough to say! Until then, let's watch this little smiley guy slam his head into a wall!
:bang:
Hehe... that's way too amusing...
ebonyrose

Postby samurai10 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:06 am

I picked mine because I couldn't find any other avatars of Natsume Hyuuga with a flame in his hand. :P
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby sandalwood » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:38 am

Ed Edd n Eddy was THE cartoon of my childhood, and it still has a special place in my heart *sniff* so that's why I chose my avatar. I forget where I found it, but I just think it's totally adorable XD

Edd is my favorite character. All three Eds are lovable, but his neurotic insanity reminds me of myself.
:pikka: My DeviantART :pikka:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(╯°__°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - Mark 11: 15-17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"]~Life doesn't have to be perfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]believe[/color] in God.
~It doesn't have to be imperfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]need[/color] Him.[/SIZE][/font]
sandalwood

Postby Adorima » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:36 am

ebonyrose (post: 1513320) wrote:Because it looked cool? :3

._. *is a failure at life*

Of course not! I'm so glad there's one person in here that doesn't have a huge, effected story behind why they do what they do...
...:P

In any case, I think it looks cool too!

I picked Pai from 3X3 eyes because she looks like me and she's a sweetie just like me of course! ...:P
Adorima

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:13 pm

Because I saw it and said "I MUST HAVE THIS". Fits my profile name perfectly.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:32 pm

I love Arthur Rackham...so I chose one of his paintings.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Neane » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:44 pm

Adorima (post: 1515156) wrote:Of course not! I'm so glad there's one person in here that doesn't have a huge, effected story behind why they do what they do...
...:P

In any case, I think it looks cool too!

I picked Pai from 3X3 eyes because she looks like me and she's a sweetie just like me of course! ...:P

A Great Character from a Great Manga.

Basically, almost everyone in this Forum is an Alien if you look from a certian point of view.
Neane

Postby Xeno » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:56 pm

It's a dog with at comb-over. Do I really need to explain it any further?
Xeno

Postby akorecki1 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:31 am

I choose mine because I love FMA even though I am not allowed to watch it i love Edward and Alphonse but mostly Edward he is awesome
You can die at any time living takes real courage. - Someone of FMA

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.

Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn then always be a unicorn.:rock:
akorecki1

Postby Lilac#18 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:48 pm

[color="Plum"]I chose this avatar because Mamoru/Prince/King Endymion and Usagi/Princess/Neo Queen Serenity are my first favorite anime couple and because this is their wedding portrait.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Previous Next

Return to General