Frequently Asked Questions

Talk about anything in here.

Postby GeneD » Thu May 22, 2008 7:58 am

I have a question about sigs. My sig shows up on every post I make, even if it's a second post I've made on a given page unless I unselect the "show your signature" option. I thought sigs only show up on the first post on a page and automatically not on the rest. Or does it just show up for the person posting? Thanks. :thumb:
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Lilac#18 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:32 am

How can I set the Upload Animated GIF for my signature on yes? and I think I set it up on spoiler for my posts because the background for the comment box is black. I want to know how to switch it off?
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu May 22, 2008 1:05 pm

GeneD wrote:I have a question about sigs. My sig shows up on every post I make, even if it's a second post I've made on a given page unless I unselect the "show your signature" option. I thought sigs only show up on the first post on a page and automatically not on the rest. Or does it just show up for the person posting? Thanks.

Huh, that's unusual. I can say for certain that you shouldn't see your own signature more times than anyone else. Did you unselect your signature option for your previous post?

Lilac#18 wrote:How can I set the Upload Animated GIF for my signature on yes? and I think I set it up on spoiler for my posts because the background for the comment box is black. I want to know how to switch it off?

I'm not completely sure what you're asking. Are you having trouble uploading an animated gif to your signature for some reason?

As far as a spoiler, make sure you don't set it equal to anything. To be clearer, this:
[*spoiler=something]spoiler[/spoiler]
creates this:
[spoiler=something]spoiler[/spoiler]
Whereas this:
[*spoiler]spoiler[/spoiler]
creates this:
[spoiler]spoiler[/spoiler]

Naturally I added the asterisks to let you see that code directly. If you're still confused you could hit "Quote" on my post to see it directly.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu May 22, 2008 1:32 pm

Oh wow, I had no idea there was two ways going about the spoiler tags o.o

How do you do the attach thumb nail? I think that's what they're called o.o;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby GeneD » Thu May 22, 2008 1:32 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1228467) wrote:Huh, that's unusual. I can say for certain that you shouldn't see your own signature more times than anyone else. Did you unselect your signature option for your previous post?
I'm not sure about the previous post, but I think I’ve figured out the source of the confusion. Right after I post the sig is there if I don't turn it off, but once I refresh it goes away. Just tested it in the goof off. I don't know why i didn't notice that before. :sweat: Thanks for answering anyway.

Talking about the goof off, why do posts there not count towards one's post counts? I'm just curious.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu May 22, 2008 1:43 pm

GeneD (post: 1228476) wrote:Talking about the goof off, why do posts there not count towards one's post counts? I'm just curious.

I remember seeing there that all threads made in there are subject to be deleted, so that may be the reason why ^^ If the thread were to be deleted then would be our post we made in that thread :)
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Lilac#18 » Thu May 22, 2008 4:23 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1228467) wrote:I'm not completely sure what you're asking. Are you having trouble uploading an animated gif to your signature for some reason?

Well, I have the Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature,set on No. so, how do I switch it on Yes?

As far as a spoiler, make sure you don't set it equal to anything. To be clearer, this:
[*spoiler=something]spoiler[/spoiler]
creates this:
[spoiler=something]spoiler[/spoiler]
Whereas this:
[*spoiler]spoiler[/spoiler]
creates this:
[spoiler]spoiler[/spoiler]

Naturally I added the asterisks to let you see that code directly. If you're still confused you could hit "Quote" on my post to see it directly.

I think I got it now.thanks

Edit:But for some reason, when I click on the "Insert Image" or Insert Link boxes, it doesn't pop up and I tried to do this in my "Edit Signature" box. it's only in my signature.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Sat May 31, 2008 10:52 pm

Would the mods mind, if I threw them a chocolate pudding party?
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat May 31, 2008 11:07 pm

KeybladeWarrior (post: 1231768) wrote:Would the mods mind, if I threw them a chocolate pudding party?

Are you sure you're in the right thread? This doesn't seem like a frequently asked question o.o

How do we post as anonymous?
Tsukuyomi

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Sat May 31, 2008 11:10 pm

I want to ask it. I don't care as long as the mods don't mind that kind of question. :P
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:27 am

Tsukuyomi (post: 1231772) wrote:How do we post as anonymous?

You can post anonymously by signing out and posting as a guest. Of course, not all forums are open for posting or viewing if you aren't logged in, but if you needed to make an anonymous prayer request or something, just post as a guest instead.

KeybladeWarrior (post: 1231774) wrote:I want to ask it. I don't care as long as the mods don't mind that kind of question. :P

As this thread isn't in Goof Off, we'd prefer the questions remain at least fairly serious, please.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:28 am

Radical Dreamer (post: 1231819) wrote:You can post anonymously by signing out and posting as a guest. Of course, not all forums are open for posting or viewing if you aren't logged in, but if you needed to make an anonymous prayer request or something, just post as a guest instead.

*Slaps forehead* That.. makes sense ^^; I never thought of that.. I thought there may be another way ^^

Thanks ^_^
Tsukuyomi

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:14 pm

Ummm.....let's see if I remember this right....
1. If you wanna message somebody, find their name, and click the send them a message thing....you can figure it out....it's real easy.
2-3.Yes, we have profiles. You can customize them by going to the left panel on your personal user page ( I guess that's what you call it) and playing around.
4. If I stand correct, don't swear our make racist comments....stuff you would say around an older friend or teacher....if that helps any.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Ashley » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:13 pm

I would just add to what Phantom Sorano already said in pointing out that we do have a filter for the really heinous words (so if your post is censored, go back and edit that word out and you'll know not to use it again), or, as always, you can ask a mod if you aren't sure. I've found it's far easier to say "no that's not good" than to give a list of things to avoid.
Ashley

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:45 pm

Ashley (post: 1233657) wrote:I've found it's far easier to say "no that's not good" than to give a list of things to avoid.

Especially since that post would look like this:

Don't say the following things:

etc...

^.^
Mithrandir

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:44 pm

Mithrandir (post: 1233671) wrote:Especially since that post would look like this:

Don't say the following things:

etc...

^.^

Haha, that so made me laugh, Mith ^__^ I really needed that too XD Isn't there a "what not to say" list or something on here? Or, was that something else o.o? I think I may be thinking about the "Do Not Discuss" titles ^^;
Tsukuyomi

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:00 pm

Mithrandir wrote:Don't say the following things:

I am shocked, shocked and disappointed that you would use such language.

Tsukuyomi wrote:Isn't there a "what not to say" list or something on here? Or, was that something else o.o?

There is not one to my knowledge. However, just avoid what most people consider "bad words" as well as primary sexual anatomy and you probably won't run into the censor.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:41 am

I take it that the same words that are chat filtered are filtered out here in the threads as well? Lol, I don't dare to test one out xD;

*Is reminded of an anatomy slip in the chat while Mith was in there (not made by me, but it made me laugh XDD)* >_>
Tsukuyomi

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:00 pm

New question added:
Why is the parents section blank?

Having a section specifically for parents unfamiliar with anime has long been one of Ashley's goals for this site. However, among various real life obligations this hasn't been priority, so it remains a placeholder.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:20 pm

This is probably a really stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway XD

What does the + after someone's name on the active list means?
Tsukuyomi

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:57 pm

Have you "friended" those people?
Mithrandir

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:05 pm

Ahhhhh, gottcha ^ ^

I kinda forgot about my buddy list ^ ^;

Yay, another interweb mystery unraveled \o.o/
Tsukuyomi

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:49 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1228483) wrote:I remember seeing there that all threads made in there are subject to be deleted, so that may be the reason why ^^ If the thread were to be deleted then would be our post we made in that thread :)

All threads and posts in the Goof off section are considered spam posts to put it simply. They are irrelevant and meant to be playful.
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:55 pm

KeybladeWarrior (post: 1316999) wrote:All threads and posts in the Goof off section are considered spam posts to put it simply. They are irrelevant and meant to be playful.

Yes, that would be correct ^^ All threads there are subjected to deletion due to making more space ^^
Tsukuyomi

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:28 pm

Sorry to double post, but it's over the two day limit for editing post ^__^;

How do you attach more then one attachment in a post?
Tsukuyomi

Postby pikmintaro » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Ahh thanks this thread answered a couple of my questions.
pikmintaro

Postby Ashley » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:35 pm

How do you attach more then one attachment in a post?

Mith can correct me, but I don't think you can.
Ashley

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:40 pm

Ashley (post: 1335597) wrote:Mith can correct me, but I don't think you can.

Actually, you can attach a maximum of three things to a post; you just have to upload the first picture, which will open the box for a second a third picture to be uploaded. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:32 pm

[quote="Radical Dreamer (post: 1335600)"]Actually, you can attach a maximum of three things to a post]

Thank you ^^ I shall have to try this sometime ^__^

(I don't have any pictures to attach xD)
Tsukuyomi

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Ashley (post: 1335597) wrote:Mith can correct me, but I don't think you can.

I totally read this wrong and nearly feel on the floor laughing when I figured out what you actually meant. o.o/
Mithrandir

Previous Next

Return to General