Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby armeck » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:58 am

i had the first super smash bros, i was REALLY good and could play REALLY good with everyone (not bragging or anything but when you play it all the time for 5 years you get pretty good) then i got brawl, and i sucked! lol that was over a year ago and i'm pretty good now XD (not bragging or anything i wish i knew some people that could beat me so i had more of a challenge) i play it a LOT even though i mostly play by myself. i play as most characters, but my favorites are marth and sonic and zero suit samus.
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:03 pm

You had the first Smash Bros. for the N64?
And then went straight to brawl?
wow that must have been a rough transition.

Brawl = Win!!!
In order of use;
Ike, Falco, Link, Pit, and sometimes Toon Link or Lucario.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:45 pm

I used to be better at brawl, not to say I'm a pushover now. I was so good, my two gamer younger sibs and I did a battle where they went on a team against me. And...I won. Once. I can't do it now, but man, that was so awesome. XD It was recorded in the record-your-Brawls thing, but I'm not sure if it's still there...

Characters I play as: Marth, Peach, Zelda/Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and -rarely- Jigglypuff. (She was the one I played as in the original! It's nostalgic! XD)

However, I haven't got the Wii connection thing, so I can't fight anybody over the internet. :(
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Arya Raiin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:21 pm

I love this game so much! My favs. are Pit, Link, and Lucario.
Arya Raiin

Postby armeck » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:10 pm

[quote="MomentOfInertia (post: 1408961)"]You had the first Smash Bros. for the N64?

Brawl = Win!!!
In order of use]

for three months i lived next to some friends that had mele and all i could play as was mr. game and watch, i didn't play a lot but i did some. but i pretty much went from n64 to wii XD
armeck

Postby Garland » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:30 pm

I prefer melee over brawl, but I mainly use Olimar, Lucas, Rob, Falco, and Game and Watch for competitive, but otherwise I main the random button.
I, Garland, will knock you all down!-Garland (FF1)

Gruve Nitro's website
Gruve Nitro is a band whose genre is considered (by me) "Christian Funk." It is based off the old Earth Wind and Fire style, and some of the original players play on the album as well as Ray Parker Jr. (from the Ghostbusters theme)

Fortune Cookie:Behind an able man, there are always.
Garland

Location: Somewhere between a machine's logic and a person's consciousness

Postby Ginga_kitsune » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:37 pm

I have brawl and it is really fun. Too bad my connection wont work. :( But anyways my fav characters are wolf, fox, marth, and ike. I'm nowhere near the best or close to the best at Brawl, but I can tell you I am no pushover. Some day I will get my connection fixed so I can finnaly test out my skills with other people other than my brothers.
Ginga_kitsune

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:57 pm

MomentOfInertia (post: 1408961) wrote:You had the first Smash Bros. for the N64?

That's actually not too hard of a transition, if you ask me. I mean, the controls are all the same - other than the flashy-move button, whatever you call it; I'm so used to knocking the left side of the controller against my knee at the end of a battle that I can never remember what button to push on the Wiimote - so it doesn't take too long to adjust. The only thing I found a little overwhelming was the sheer variety of items that come falling from the sky @_@
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby MomentOfInertia » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Yeah, Final smashes, party balls, and the shear volume of eye candy that the game puts out, not to mention the different characters, balancing changes, and new controller.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby armeck » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:05 pm

[quote="the_wolfs_howl (post: 1409453)"]That's actually not too hard of a transition, if you ask me. I mean, the controls are all the same - other than the flashy-move button, whatever you call it]

yeah i was soon able to to transfer all my old skills to the new one, but for the first little while it was very hard for me.
armeck

Postby TGJesusfreak » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:46 am

I finally beat All Star on Intense! With only 1 retry!

Ike FTW... XD

My favorite characters are, in order: Ike, Dedede, Rob/Toon Link, DK, Marth, and on VERY rare occasions Jigglypuff (mainly because; when you land "rest" you get to hear its signiture super high 'Kssshhhh' sound... which is well worth all the death you received XD.... then you see them flying off to their deaths :P)
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:23 am

I'll beat any of you with Fox, Snake, or Peach. XD

Unfortunately, I can't ever connect online with my Wii again, as the patches will hurt my Wii. XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby SnoringFrog » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:00 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1409940) wrote:I'll beat any of you with Fox, Snake, or Peach. XD

Unfortunately, I can't ever connect online with my Wii again, as the patches will hurt my Wii. XD
Well the obvious solution here is to simply buy another Wii just for online play of Brawl.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby ST. Attidude » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:54 am

SnoringFrog (post: 1410096) wrote:Well the obvious solution here is to simply buy another Wii just for online play of Brawl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKnLBNS9jDw

I too have the original cartridge laying around and the Melee title; been playing that for a while now and the tournament mode is something I likes a lot. As for Brawl, I've rented that a couple of times and while it is a cool game especially for the single player "subspace emissary" mode (I think that's what it was called), I think I will buy it used when I've recovered my desire to buy more games...
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby Furen » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:04 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1409940) wrote:I'll beat any of you with Fox, Snake, or Peach. XD

Good luck, I playing with Marth would cream you.:brow:
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Previous

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews