Okami’s Mental Health Report

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Okami’s Mental Health Report

Postby Okami » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:27 am

*** If you wish to be informed of major events in this thread without reading every message, please visit this post for a timeline. :thumb: ***

Hey everyone! I decided it was time to create a thread of my own for prayer and encouragement over the diagnoses I’ve received over the years. My decision for finally creating this thread was my most recent diagnosis, which can be read on my blog here.

The thought of being given this diagnosis has terrified me for some time, and now that it's a reality, I must learn to live with it. In the same regard, I wanted a place where I could safely do brief updates that wouldn’t necessarily be my blog. CAA has been an internet home for me for many years, and I trust in the power of prayer coming from those I consider dear friends.

I know some might appreciate following the journey through to my recovery. :n_n:

Thanks for taking the time to be a blessing; I truly appreciate it!

Grace and peace to you,
Okami
Last edited by Okami on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Okami

Re: Okami’s Mental Health Report

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:53 am

Thanks for sharing, Okami. I'm glad you decided to make this thread, I think it's a great idea.
I know this diagnosis is a big deal for you, and it's something your not happy with. But really, it's more of a blessing than anything. Whether you knew you had it or not, you did, so now that you do know, the anxiety of wondering is off your mind, and it's out in the open air so you can face it and deal with it, and so we know what to pray for better. I thank God that He was gracious enough to share this knowledge with you, and I pray that He will give you the peace to leave it entirely in His hands. You're in my prayers daily, as always. God bless you. :)
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Will be lifting you up in prayer as always, dear friend. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:56 pm

Ouch.

Hang tough Okami, we're here for ya. :poke:
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:58 pm

Will defidently be supporting you through thick and thin Kady.
Jingo Jaden

Postby Okami » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:39 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:Thanks for sharing, Okami. I'm glad you decided to make this thread, I think it's a great idea.
I know this diagnosis is a big deal for you, and it's something your not happy with. But really, it's more of a blessing than anything. Whether you knew you had it or not, you did, so now that you do know, the anxiety of wondering is off your mind, and it's out in the open air so you can face it and deal with it, and so we know what to pray for better. I thank God that He was gracious enough to share this knowledge with you, and I pray that He will give you the peace to leave it entirely in His hands. You're in my prayers daily, as always. God bless you. :)

Thank you much, dear friend. You're absolutely right, now I can face it and deal with it.

Sheenar wrote:Will be lifting you up in prayer as always, dear friend. :)

Thank you. <3

MomentOfInertia wrote:Ouch.

Hang tough Okami, we're here for ya. :poke:

I appreciate it! :)

Jingo Jaden wrote:Will defidently be supporting you through thick and thin Kady.

Thanks much, Nicklas.

---

So counseling last night went over very well (I found out the wolf is also a favorite animal of my counselor :D) but aside from that, I also learned she is the homework-and-handout-giving type of counselor, which goes over quite well in my favor. She laughed, handed me one sheet at a time, and by the end of our meeting was like, "you might want to get a folder." So what did I do? Bought and decorated a folder, of course. Eight hours of drawing, alongside careful reading of Scripture and mindful reflection of song lyrics, and I got this image for my cover.

It ties together goals, strength, reminders, and safety all in one place for me. :D

My prayer would be that I am diligent with my studies of wellness and in actually doing the weekly work given to me and making DBT a practice so that I learn over time how to regulate my unstable emotions.
Okami

Postby AdriTan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm

I'm praying. That is a beautiful drawing!
AdriTan

Postby Sheenar » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:53 pm

That is a beautiful drawing!! :)

I love the homework-giving counselors.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:12 pm

AH! I love that drawing, Okami. Your art skills are amazing, and it's just incredibly cool. I think I love the smile more than anything. :)
Still praying for you, and so ridiculously glad to see things went well and God is bringing things together for you. Praise the Lord!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:46 pm

That's an awesome drawing :3 (seriously, it's level of epic is blinding me)
I'll be praying ^-^
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Okami » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:21 pm

AdriTan wrote:I'm praying. That is a beautiful drawing!

Thank you. :)

Sheenar wrote:That is a beautiful drawing!! :)

I love the homework-giving counselors.

Thank you. :)

Me too, makes the work all the more beneficial in the end.

ClaecElric4God wrote:AH! I love that drawing, Okami. Your art skills are amazing, and it's just incredibly cool. I think I love the smile more than anything. :)
Still praying for you, and so ridiculously glad to see things went well and God is bringing things together for you. Praise the Lord!

Thank you. :) It's a collab between a best friend and I, a picture from years ago that I revamped and photoshopped. And amen to that, praise Him indeed!

Panda4christ:3 wrote:That's an awesome drawing :3 (seriously, it's level of epic is blinding me)
I'll be praying ^-^

lol thank you. :)

---

After tonight's session, I am emotionally drained. The homework I was given has been upgraded a bit to specify my struggles and that's....kind of scary to be that raw, open, and honest on paper. I also now have to spend at least five minutes a day in pure observation of myself and surroundings (which is very difficult for me to do; she had me sample it in session.) I'm just so very tired....
Okami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:53 pm

Praying for strength and support.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Sheenar » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:26 pm

Praying, friend. Hang in there. *hugs*

Sheenar

Postby Okami » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:03 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Praying for strength and support.

Sheenar wrote:Praying, friend. Hang in there. *hugs*

Thanks guys....today was a very, very hard day. What I would consider the worst since I began counseling. It got to the point where one of my best friends had to come get me because I just couldn't stand to be alone anymore. Counseling's presented more questions than answers and right now, it hurts and it's very difficult to sort through my mind to come to conclusions on those answers...
Okami

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:45 pm

Exercises that more or less force you to confront past issues you thought had been long dealt with are never easy. I experienced it during a personal growth seminar a few years ago and each time I was crying and sobbing like a baby. They are worth it in the long run, though. Praying you have the strength to keep at it. *Hugs*
K. Ayato

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:27 pm

Praying, Okami. I won't pretend to know how hard this is, but know that I'm always praying for you, and I'm here if you need me. :)

ClaecElric4God

Postby Okami » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:25 pm

K. Ayato wrote:Exercises that more or less force you to confront past issues you thought had been long dealt with are never easy. I experienced it during a personal growth seminar a few years ago and each time I was crying and sobbing like a baby. They are worth it in the long run, though. Praying you have the strength to keep at it. *Hugs*

Thanks, K. I'm glad you can understand in part how difficult this is. *hugs back*

ClaecElric4God wrote:Praying, Okami. I won't pretend to know how hard this is, but know that I'm always praying for you, and I'm here if you need me. :)

I truly appreciate it, Cece. :)

----

Tonight's session was as difficult as always. For the first time I cried in front of my counselor as I sat on the edge of the couch explaining my down affect, which was the first thing she picked up on. Not only is she now having me observe myself and environment (on top of written/paperwork homework) but she's also having me do descriptive work of the observations on a daily basis. It's a lot harder than it sounds. She asked me to describe the plant in her office I'd been observing for a good 5 minutes as if I were talking to a blind person and I just sat there silently, unable to give much of anything for an answer.

I'm starting to see the purpose of such activities though, to be able to sit between emotional and rational portions of the brain and tell without judgment what is going on inside. I am appreciative of the work, hard as it may be. I can only pray it makes me stronger in the long run.
Okami

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Praying.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Okami » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:22 am

Yuki-Anne wrote:Praying.

Thanks, Yuki.

---

Got yet another medication switch today. It's like playing musical chairs in the ABCs of mental health medications... :shake: I'm frustrated, but praying perhaps these new meds will be the ones to help me learn how to regulate and move on with my life.
Okami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:59 am

Ah, yeah. That sounds rough. Praying that they find the right meds and don't have to keep switching.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Sheenar » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:59 pm

*hugs*
Praying, my friend.

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:42 am

How are things going?

Sheenar

Postby Okami » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:18 am

Sheenar wrote:How are things going?

To respond in music. :D I have peace. God has done great and mighty things in recent days, and I am happier than I have ever known myself to be!
Okami

Postby Okami » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:59 pm

Wanted to briefly update and say I'm still doing quite well! I have joy that words can't even describe. My counselor seems to be amazed with the sudden improvement... I am back on the job hunt and getting my priorities straightened. For the time being, I'm off my medications, and I feel great!

Last night we talked at length about anime and different ratings, genres, and fandoms which presented me with the opportunity to educate her, as she had a very closed and narrow view of Japanese media. I think I gave her much to think about, and by the end of the conversation, she seemed to realize that anime is just like any other media, but animated. :)
Okami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Okami wrote:Wanted to briefly update and say I'm still doing quite well! I have joy that words can't even describe. My counselor seems to be amazed with the sudden improvement... I am back on the job hunt and getting my priorities straightened. For the time being, I'm off my medications, and I feel great!

Praise the Lord! You're always in my prayers, and I'm so glad to hear you're still doing well. I still haven't gotten over this. :) It's so amazing to see God working so mightily. Thanks so much for your testimony, Okami. You're a true blessing.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Sheenar » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:18 pm

I'm so happy for you, dear friend! :D

Sheenar

Postby Okami » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:42 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Praise the Lord! You're always in my prayers, and I'm so glad to hear you're still doing well. I still haven't gotten over this. :) It's so amazing to see God working so mightily. Thanks so much for your testimony, Okami. You're a true blessing.
Sheenar wrote:I'm so happy for you, dear friend! :D

Praise Him, indeed! Thank you, friends! It's amazing to be able to share the (full) testimony with others....even though it's only been a couple weeks now. I'm completely blown away by it, myself. And now that I'll be returning to Kentucky* in a few weeks, I'm looking forward to what's in store! :D

* I realize this was never mentioned here, but the joy in the Lord that I've found is due to events that happened on my weekend trip to the south. God is good. He is so, so very good.
Okami

Postby Ella Edric » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:11 am

Will be praying for you most certainly. :) Just remember, God always has a plan, and God is always in control. He WILL take care of you no matter what the circumstances. Trust him. :) Like it seems you already are, but I will pray for your continued strength. I understand what it's like to go thru some of that, and if you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me about it. :) God bless you Okami! You are in my prayers. <3
Ella Edric

Postby Okami » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:40 am

Ella Edric wrote:Will be praying for you most certainly. :) Just remember, God always has a plan, and God is always in control. He WILL take care of you no matter what the circumstances. Trust him. :) Like it seems you already are, but I will pray for your continued strength. I understand what it's like to go thru some of that, and if you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me about it. :) God bless you Okami! You are in my prayers. <3

Thank you, Ella! It's much appreciated. :D

---

Counseling this week took an interesting turn of events. We dove back into the story of my Kentucky trip, as my counselor was curious as to some of the happenings there within the ministry to me. She wanted to dig into details regarding some of my past as it intertwines with what happened and working through significance and symbolism of those things. So we did!

While I know that's not exactly giving anything away, we came to find some core belief issues that have been present in my life in the form of lies. Because that door's been opened, I can now see myself digging down deeper into areas that I've not brought up in a counseling setting before...I'm simply praying for the timing to line itself up, because I know those things will be uncomfortable, but I also know it needs to happen for my continued healing.

I'm heading back to Kentucky this weekend for fellowship and worship. Super excited to be reunited with my ministry team! :n_n:
Okami

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:53 am

Good to know that you're beginning to see that some of your deep-set beliefs about yourself were based in lies. Not easy to deal with, but you've come a long way in just a short amount of time. I know you can do it :).
K. Ayato

Next

Return to Prayer Room