New Ministry

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

New Ministry

Postby Sheenar » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:06 pm

I've been in talks with staff at my church about starting a ministry for those with chronic illness in our community. I have the support of the head Pastor (who said, "We'll make it happen") and the Discipleship Pastor. I have spoken with several people who expressed that they've been praying for a chronic illness ministry in this area (talked with one woman for 30 min at church on Sunday --she also struggles with chronic illness --she had been praying about starting a chronic illness ministry recently --thought it was SO COOL to have this conversation with her as I am now following the leading God placed on my heart --cool how we both have the same leading--and how much we can relate to each other!)

Anyway, this ministry will be similar to a Hopekeepers group. I have been SO encouraged by Rest Ministries during the past year --struggling with loss of dreams and abilities --and adjusting to the ever-changing world of living with a chronic illness that throws wrenches and unpredictability into my plans for my life. But it has also taught me to empathize more with other people, to let go of things that don't matter, and to fight for what does matter. I have been given a new dream/vision --and have seen a big need in my community for a ministry to those who live with chronic illness and do not fit into the typical "church groups". People with chronic illness are one of the most unchurched groups in our country.

Please join me in prayer as we prepare to launch this new ministry in our community. Pray that it will make a positive change in people's lives.
Sheenar

Re: New Ministry

Postby Okami » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Wow. This sounds amazing, Sheena! I'm so happy that you have new direction even in the midst of all you've been through. God's provision is so awesome. :n_n:
I'll be praying for you and for those who will also be affected by this ministry. What an encouraging blessing for all involved!
Okami

Postby Count Zero » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Hyper-pessimist that I am, these kinds of stories brighten my day, so thank you.
Count Zero

Postby MrKrillz0r » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:48 pm

Wow, that's great! And just as Count Zero said, reading stuff like this really brightens up the day. I'll definitely pray!
MrKrillz0r

Return to Prayer Room