Need Guidance

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Need Guidance

Postby Will » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:13 pm

Hello Will here quick update about my life. I have been employed at a feed store for six years and I am thankful to have a job still especially in this era of the Covid 19 Pandemic. With that being said I have applied for several job opportunities to where I can use my degree and be able to get a house. Plus thinking about going back to college possibly to get another degree.

I have bought two vehicles in the last two years including a 2021 Kia Sportage thanks to my credit and being blessed of the Lord. After several dates I have a girlfriend who I have been in a relationship with for over two years now. She's a good godly woman however she does not want to help at all when it comes to getting a job or her drivers license. I have asked her for months and she has no desire to get either one.

Also to grow closer to Jesus by the end of this year compared to previous years. To make time for him as well as to avoid areas where I am easily tempted. Pray that I make the right choices when it comes to the right job as well as the choice of possibly ending the relationship. Thanks for taking the time to read this and look forward to your answers comments and suggestions.
Will

Re: Need Guidance

Postby Kaori » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:48 pm

Hi Will,

Thanks for sharing. I will certainly pray for you.

Overall, it sounds like your life is going in a positive direction. You have a job and transportation, you're grateful for the things you have, and you're also thinking about how to better yourself and move forward in your life. Those are all good things.

It's also really good that you have a desire to grow in your relationship with the Lord and spend more time with him. Not that I am experienced or able to really serve as a guide, but I do feel like having the desire to grow closer to the Lord is an important key foundation. As far as your relationship goes, definitely keep praying for guidance! I believe that as you continue to pray, you will start to see more clearly the way that you need to go. Prayer is really not about aligning God's will to ours, but aligning ours to God's, so as you persevere in prayer, it will have an effect. I'm told that the verse, Matt. 7:7, that says "ask, seek, and knock," actually in the Greek says "keep on asking," "keep on seeking," and "keep on knocking." Perseverance is important. Also, if you have a pastor or spiritual leader whom you trust, maybe you can consider asking them to pray about it together with you. Prayer together with other people is helpful ("where two or three are gathered"), and although I'm happy to pray for you, too, in-person relationships are just a lot more impactful.

Since you haven't mentioned what areas you're tempted in (which is fine!--it's totally okay not to share anything super-personal), I can't really do anything but repeat some general advice which I have gleaned. Somewhere or other, I read that for most temptations/passions, you have to grow through being in and enduring the situation. For example, if you struggle with irritation, you can't learn to be patient with people other than by being around people who try your patience. But the one exception is lust; you should always flee from situations and media that provoke lust. And in regard to that, what kinds of media are provoking to you or which ones are okay, as someone once told me, if you pay attention to your responses, you will be able to learn to distinguish what is okay for you and what is harmful. I have found this advice to be true.

Overall, I guess the TL;DR is to persevere in prayer. You are already seeking the will of God and want to be closer to him; that's the important thing. You are in my unworthy prayers, and please say a prayer for me as well! :)
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Return to Prayer Room