Skipping Tomorrows webmanga

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:21 pm

Updated. Sorry some of you are having trouble viewing the site ... I rechecked all my settings and everything is ok on my end ...
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Sakura15 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:22 pm

oh maaan! I knew it! he has a disease! :(
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:31 pm

Well, now all the mystery aspects from the beginning make sense. Plus, we have the appearance of Rakos disease. Those comments aren't much, but I continue to await further plot development.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:53 pm

Heh, I'm just happy there was another character introduced. ^^;
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Ashley » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:05 am

I just had a scary thought:

If Rako's is genetic, and Jennifer's family carries it...what if Sean is a descendent of Jen?! Whoa. My head just 'sploded.
Ashley

Postby Shinja » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:54 am

i was just thinking the same thing.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby soul alive » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:12 pm

It's contagious. I was thinking along those same lines. I can't wait to see where you go with this, I have my thoughts.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Gypsy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:56 am

A couple more pages are up, as well as some new fanart. (This is so completely not humble of me, but I love hearing people musing over one of my stories! Mwhahah!) This is almost the end of chapter 5, believe it or not. Short ... too short, but oh well. ^^;
Gypsy

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:09 pm

o.o interesting turn of events!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Shinja » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:31 pm

the chapter one cover makes alot more sence now.
MATT

Shinja

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:48 pm

This is really shaping up to be a great story, Gypsy. I'm hooked; keep it comin'!
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:04 pm

Shinja wrote:the chapter one cover makes alot more sence now.

Yes, thank you for noticing. ^^

[quote="ShiroiHikari"]This is really shaping up to be a great story, Gypsy. I'm hooked]

K! Three more pages are up!
Gypsy

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:05 pm

*cries* Gypsy...

its so cute!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby mastersquirrel » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:14 am

Nice work Gypsy. This has made it onto my list of webcomics I keep up with. Keep up the great work! :)
[SIZE="1"]"If there's one thing that I know, it's that I know more than one thing." - Master Squirrel[/SIZE]
mastersquirrel

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:34 am

XD at the second-to-last page. It's great how the first time he gets to use her first name, he asks if he can sleep inside. That's SO what I would have asked, too.

What I really like about Skipping Tomorrows besides the art is that the dialogue is believable. It's very . . . human. Shawn and Emma and everyone else seem like real people. Keep it up!

.rai//

EDIT: OMG. I was re-reading from the start, and . . .

[spoiler] I wonder if the point of her time displacement is for Emma to become the sponsor artist for the man studying Rako's disease in order to save Shawn's life in the future, because her art will give them the resources needed to find a cure before Shawn dies!? OR . . . what if Shawn dies before Emma returns to 1910, and she remembers the researcher back then and determines to find her "link" and take him up on his offer in order to keep Shawn from dying . . . augh! My head asplode! [/spoiler]
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby meboeck » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:38 am

Yay! Lots of updates now! I like how the pieces are coming together but there are still plenty of areas for speculation.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:36 pm

Raiden no Kishi wrote:XD at the second-to-last page. It's great how the first time he gets to use her first name, he asks if he can sleep inside. That's SO what I would have asked, too.

What I really like about Skipping Tomorrows besides the art is that the dialogue is believable. It's very . . . human. Shawn and Emma and everyone else seem like real people. Keep it up!

.rai//

EDIT: OMG. I was re-reading from the start, and . . .

[spoiler] I wonder if the point of her time displacement is for Emma to become the sponsor artist for the man studying Rako's disease in order to save Shawn's life in the future, because her art will give them the resources needed to find a cure before Shawn dies!? OR . . . what if Shawn dies before Emma returns to 1910, and she remembers the researcher back then and determines to find her "link" and take him up on his offer in order to keep Shawn from dying . . . augh! My head asplode! [/spoiler]

Possibly... maybe "Skipping Tomorrows" has more meaning than originally once thought.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:29 pm

Updated. Question - do I need to post here every time I update, or do most of you look on your own anyway?
Gypsy

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:39 pm

I just look
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Ashley » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:14 pm

I look on my own, but while you're here taking opinions I would adore getting to read your thoughts with your daily updates. Sure, it's one more thing on a tight schedule, but to me it just adds so much more meaning.
Ashley

Postby Shinja » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:56 pm

it would be really cool, to read your thoughts, but it would add extra work, and since you often post a few pages at a time you might just want more of journal or blog on it rather than a commentary for every page^^

you might just want to play around with it now and implement it when you start your next web manga.

can't wait to see more!
MATT

Shinja

Postby Shadowchild » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:43 pm

T_T I never thought to read into this till just an hour ago and now I'm addicted. I have officially fallen in love with this story! Keep goin' Gypsy. You're doing wonderful work!
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:15 pm

Gypsy wrote:Updated. Question - do I need to post here every time I update, or do most of you look on your own anyway?

To be honest, I only check when you tell us there are updates. If you had a schedule I'd check on my own, but I don't think there has been one as of late (though, to be fair, I haven't analyzed the update times either).
uc pseudonym

Postby Ryusei » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:29 pm

I think Skipping Tomorrows is totally awesome. XD I started reading it a while back, and I'm hooked! Plus, the artwork is GREAT!!!!!! XD I didn't even realized there was a thread for it on here until just like...today! >.< Keep up the totally unbelievable work! XDDDD *gives Skipping Tomorrows her seal of approval*
"That's some good advice. Maybe I should write that down, frame it, and stick it up on my wall." - Colonel Karl Lichen Schubaltz (Zoids: Chaotic Century)

"I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours" - Casting Crowns ("Who Am I")
Ryusei

Postby Gypsy » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:16 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:If you had a schedule I'd check on my own

Well, I've been doing my best to put up two pages every Tuesday and Thursday. I've actually done it a couple weeks in a row, even!

Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it! Sorry about there being no update tomorrow - I really am going to be strapped for time. ^^;
Gypsy

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:38 pm

Tuesday and Thursday, then. That's easy enough. Do you generally update the night before, in the morning, or whenever you are able?
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:43 pm

Usually during the day - once in a great, great while I've put it up the night before. This next update is going to be a good one, cause I got 3 Ash original wallpapers to put up as well as pages. ^^
Gypsy

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:42 pm

That's fine. The reason I asked is that with some webauthors I only check the day after their official releases because I'm not certain when they actually put it up. So Wednesday and Friday for me.
uc pseudonym

Postby Shinja » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:08 pm

you know for a second there i was like "OMG! what is this some sort of magical kittie girl come to set everything straight?"^^ and then i saw page 2. and was a little disapointed, (J/K) awsome chracter though, im sure She may end up getting you the most fan art.
MATT

Shinja

Postby Icarus » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:33 pm

Upon seeing her, my reaction was: What the HEY? Why is there a cat girl in ST?

But yeah, cute.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics