Project Mejika

Projects or project ideas in the works

Postby Katrina » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:21 pm

I'm not sure if it will do any good or not, but would anyone mind me plugging this project on a-m-v.org? There are actually two Christain AMV projects going on now, so it might be a good time to ask for help with animators.
Katrina

Postby starwarsboy90 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:24 am

Good idea! AMV.org does have good resources at it's disposal though.
starwarsboy90

Postby Doe Johnson » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:30 pm

Katrina wrote:I'm not sure if it will do any good or not, but would anyone mind me plugging this project on a-m-v.org? There are actually two Christain AMV projects going on now, so it might be a good time to ask for help with animators.

I don't know if you've done it yet or not, but go for it! I've never actually looked around AMV before, but I have seen things people work on from there. Animators are really the key part of this whole project, so if they possibly have people who can help, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I've updated the main thread and my website. Could character designers please put your files up on imageshack, because I don't want to waste lots of space on my site for the pictures, plus it would make the thumbnails look more consistant. Thanks.
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:33 pm

I put my character design up on photobucket. I don't understand imageshack.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Katrina » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:13 am

I'm sorry to say that I will not make the next (possibly two or three) meetings. The meeting last night came when I really had lesson plan writing to do and I'm starting to realize how much my student teaching is affecting my daily schedule. Since my main "job" on the project is still forthcoming, I'm going to lay low for a bit and focus on my career job.

If people need due dates for motivation, I can throw this one out. My spring break begins on April 10th. If we can have the intro episode voice recorded and storyboard done by then, I can set to doing some serious work on the animation. (I think we can do it in one month.) In between there, I'm going to play with Flash to get a feel for it and plug the project as best I can. But if I seem quiet, please don't think, "one of our animators abandonded us."

Also - please don't take this for asking people to mold their schedules around mine. I don't know what the other animators' schedules are. I'm only suggesting the 10th because it seems a reasonable amount of time.

If I get done any other things for the project, I'll post them here. Thanks for understanding everyone! Feel free to e-mail me if there's something going on I need to know about.
Katrina

Postby starwarsboy90 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:18 pm

A script in the next 3-4 months is definitly needed.
starwarsboy90

Postby Katrina » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:32 pm

We have a script for episode 1 already. ^_^ Oh, and we also have a new website:
http://mejika.originalcharacters.com

I changed a few minor things, the most notable being that all the images are hosted from the same place and I put the leaf background on all pages.
Katrina

Postby starwarsboy90 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:56 pm

can you send me the script, so I can start getting an idea of auditioning for a certain character or something like that?
starwarsboy90

Postby Katrina » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:14 pm

I should clarify, episode 1 is a dream sequence, so only Corean (the human girl) speaks in it. I'm currently working on an audition write-up for the various characters. I'm taking a guess that starting the auditions for VA's is still about a week or two in the future.

Which reminds me, who is taking charge of listening to the voices and/or casting the parts? Or is that a group effort?
Katrina

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:39 am

Could someone send me the script for the first episode? I assume it was distributed at the fourth meeting, which I was unable to attend. However, I should be at the fifth, barring unforseen circumstances.
uc pseudonym

Postby Doe Johnson » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:29 am

I'll PM the script to you UCP.

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams

I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby rocklobster » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:14 pm

Could you let us know where we can view these episodes as soon as you get a site?
rocklobster

Postby Doe Johnson » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:39 pm

Yep, we'll be sure to tell you!

ANNOUNCEMENT:
For those of you who don't know yet, there will be no meeting this coming Monday. The next meeting will be the Mondays following that. We have people working on storyboarding Episode 1 and writing Episode 2.

Doe Johnson

Postby Doe Johnson » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:55 pm

Just as a reminder, we have a meeting today in 5 minutes. If you don't realize it by now, we have one basically every Monday at 9:00 EST.

Doe Johnson

Postby Katrina » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:02 pm

Doe Johnson wrote:Just as a reminder, we have a meeting today in 5 minutes. If you don't realize it by now, we have one basically every Monday at 9:00 EST.

I'm at an anime club meeting tonight, so I can't show up, but I am just about done with the audition page. I'll PM it to you when it's ready. ;)
Katrina

Postby Katrina » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:07 pm

I just thought we should let everyone know that auditions are now open for VAs:
http://mejika.originalcharacters.com/auditions.html
Katrina

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:43 pm

Just to check: will there be a meeting next Monday? It would be helpful to know as much beforehand as possible.
uc pseudonym

Postby Doe Johnson » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:49 am

Yes, there will be. The reason I didn't show up last time is that my sister-in-law came by at 5:30 and didn't get me home until 9:30. I called CR as soon as I noticed I was too late to see if anyone had shown up.

Does anyone not want to have a meeting? I know two people in the group are graduating and with the end of the semester here many are needing to study for finals.

Doe Johnson

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon May 01, 2006 6:18 pm

We had another unsuccessful meeting tonight. It was scheduled to be at 8 CST/ 9EST. Topics were to be discussed, such as "Storyboard progress, Voice Actor Submissions, And scheduling.

As Doe some of the members of this project are near graduation (me included) we were going to discuss if we need any meetings.. for a few weeks...

Let's not allow this project to die, folks, we have put in a lot of hours trying to figure out what to do with it. I truly believe we can do this, I believe that there is a message in this feature, and if we get out butts in gear we can truly accomplish great and awesome things for Christ..
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Katrina » Tue May 02, 2006 3:25 am

I will be absent for one more week, and then I will be able to participate fully again after that. What is everyone else's schedule?
Katrina

Postby starwarsboy90 » Tue May 02, 2006 7:54 am

Production, production, production for the next 4 weeks, then I'll have a week break, then I'll be in Arizona for two months, working jobs, seeing friends and family and producing my audio drama. I'll be open for voice actin but that's about it!
starwarsboy90

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue May 02, 2006 1:37 pm

I feel the need to apologize. After being the one who brought this up I ended up not being able to make it myself. I will do my very best to attend the next meeting. Should it be the week after next?
uc pseudonym

Postby Katrina » Wed May 17, 2006 6:24 am

Just to let everyone know, there is no posted due date for auditions on the website, however, I did have to post a due date for the voice acting alliance board, and that date was June 10th. If you want to audition and you can't make that deadline, PM Doe or me and we'll be happy to work around it. But we would like to start actually casting and recording soon. ^_^ (BTW, starwarsboy90, we did get your audition already. Thanks!)

I also sent a message to all the people who said they were interested in helping animate, but if I somehow missed over you, please PM me! Thanks!
Katrina

Postby Doe Johnson » Thu May 18, 2006 11:47 am

Hey all. We haven't had a meeting in a while - usually due to low turnout. Last Monday I wasn't there because I had just moved into my new apartment and have learned that my Internet will be wireless. I've tried getting on Yahoo there and I swear the longest time I've stayed on is seven minutes straight. I'll try to find an alternative to use during the meetings, but right now I'm not sure what I'll be doing.

If you haven't checked the Mejika email account recently, we've received new auditions.

Also, does anybody want to do a new meeting schedule with the start of summer? I know at least my schedule is completely different than it was during the Spring semester.

Hopefully we'll be able to have a full meeting soon. As of now we're still having them on Monday nights at 9 EST. ttyl!

Doe Johnson

Postby Linksquest » Thu May 18, 2006 12:02 pm

This looks like a really good idea! Are you still looking for male voice actors?
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu May 18, 2006 1:06 pm

For me, just about any time is fine provided that it is consistent. I can make time for such meetings, but if they change it will be very inconvenient. Also, I will be gone from the 25th throuh the 30th of this month.

Linksquest wrote:This looks like a really good idea! Are you still looking for male voice actors?

We're accepting any auditions, I believe.
uc pseudonym

Postby Doe Johnson » Mon May 22, 2006 6:38 pm

If anybody showed up today, I was unable to log onto the Internet at my home. It completely stopped working last Wedensday and we haven't been able to figure out what exactly is wrong. My computer was being used to try and trouble-shoot the router. We were literally on the phone for 3 hours today trying to fix it - yet it still doesn't work. I just ran to my school to borrow the wireless here to see if anyone was still on and to write this message as soon as we gave up on the phone instructions. It should be fixed by next Monday because our company decided to just send someone over to fix it in person. I'm extremely sorry to anyone who this has inconvinienced or who showed up for meetings that never occurred. I'm trying to work everything out as fast as I can. If there have been any discussions which I've missed out on or topics brought up, please tell me. Thanks!

Doe Johnson

Postby Katrina » Tue May 23, 2006 3:14 am

I'm *so* sorry. I completely and totally forgot yesterday! >.< I really wanted to talk to you guys about animation and stuff too. :(

Do we want to meet another time this week or just postpone until next week?

Very sorry again. I'll set up an e-mail reminder for myself so it doesn't happen again.
Katrina

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue May 23, 2006 11:17 am

Yesterday didn't work out, and I'm on vacation next Monday.
uc pseudonym

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue May 23, 2006 11:37 am

I had told Doe that I wouldn't be able to attend.... I had a farewell party for my friends...

Umm... anytime works for me until I get a job...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Previous Next

Return to New Projects and Ideas