A Cruce Salus: forthcoming webmanga

Projects or project ideas in the works

A Cruce Salus: forthcoming webmanga

Postby soul alive » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:32 pm

Some of you may recall that I have been working on starting a webcomic/manga, albeit very slowly. The problem with progress has been a number of things from having an insane amount of schoolwork to having next to no website making skills to figuring out how I want to do the art. Oog.

The manga is to be titled 'A Cruce Salus,' which means 'from the cross, comes salvation' in Latin. And the site will be 'Battle Cry Comics.'

The comic is set in Ancient Roman times, during the persecution of Christians.

As things are starting to fall into place, and I won't have to worry about school in a month, I thought I would give you all a preview of what is to come.

This is the background for the main page:

And here are the rough drafts of the art for the first four pages. Changes have since been made to almost all of them, but only minor ones, so this gives you a pretty good idea of the art. No text yet :P.

Image Image Image Image

I want to get the prologue chapter completed before I put it on the site, which doesn't exist yet, so that I have a good sized starting place.

I'm not promising anything, but I'm planning on having at least the website up around the middle to end of May. I'll of course post a link when that happens.

:edit: Please. Any advice, comments, etc. would be really appreciated. I could really use any and all feedback, even if it is very brief.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby CreatureArt » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:50 am

Everything is really good but WOW I really like the webpage design. I think it will look great when its up and running too. The hands in the fourth picture are fantastic; the colosseum too. ^_^
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby soul alive » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:23 am

Ai. Thank you! I've been having way, waaaaayyy too much fun with the webpage, working on it when I should have been doing homework. I based it on a French manga fan site I stumbled upon and liked the asthetics of (but can't read, lol).

I really loved how those hands turned out, too. I used the timer on my digital camera and posed my hands for reference. XD I love drawing hands. (though, I probably need to find other people to use for models, my hands are tiny, lol)

And I knew my major would come in handy, somehow. Having freehand architecture skills/ability is nice, especially since architecture was such a big part of ancient Rome.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Mave » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:29 pm

The webpage design looks very attractive. I think I need to see some finalized comic pages before I can give you any constructive comments though. I don't think it's fair to comment on rough sketches. :) It certainly looks interesting (nice buildings XD) so I'll be waiting to check it out when the ball starts rolling.
Mave

Postby soul alive » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:25 pm

Thanks Mave. :) Once I finish my massive school project (53 various sized drawings ^^;;;; ) and can devote my complete free time to this, I would love any and all comments.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby soul alive » Tue May 23, 2006 12:52 am

Heh, sorry to dredge this up a bit, and double post, but I do have some news.

I finally finished the preliminary webpage, and it is ready to go up as soon as possible, which will probably be the beginning of June. Though as a trial version, as I may need to change how I set up the background image. Currently, it's one big image, but if it gives dial-up users a bad time, I'll need to fix it.

Some things are still under construction, and won't be up until I make progress on the manga. (character info, comic info, gallery, extras). But that's okay.

So now I can totally go for it with working on the manga. I would really like to have the full prologue up by the middle or end of June.

I've included a screenshot of the main page, author info page, and manga archives. I want to have at least something in the archives when the site goes up, so I shaded my entry for the Comix contest last year and put it up.

I've been having way too much fun doing the hand coding for this - all html for this first version. *hugs her marvelous reference book*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Linksquest » Tue May 23, 2006 7:31 am

You've definately got some skillz there! Those concept art pieces were really well done. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

EDIT: And I also like your web layout! *cookies for you!*
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby soul alive » Tue May 23, 2006 11:36 am

^^ Thank you. I can't wait to see what I come up with either. XD

And thanks on the site as well. *eats cookies*
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Return to New Projects and Ideas