One Piece Discussion (Spoilers)

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Myoti » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:52 pm

Yes, Ipzie...

ROFL WAFL!!!!

My GOSH. Gear 3 is just... bwahahahaha!! XD

And everything else is just so plain awesome...
Myoti

Postby Tommy » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:55 pm

Okay, I am ticked off now. The msn scans say you have to be a member to read chapter 399 and above and they snipped 398.
Tommy

Postby MasterDias » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:12 pm

MSN is rather awkward like that. You will probably have to find somewhere else to read those chapters.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:59 pm

I'll have to discourage direct discussion of scanlation groups and sites on the forums.

403 already? It is barely out today, if I recall. Of course, the same is true for Bleach and Naruto and those aren't hard to find.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:20 pm

...so I'm just getting back into One Piece, after I stopped getting Shonen Jump over a year ago, on account that they take up too much room^^

I was just gunna start and go through the anime, and then I found a site with scanlations on every chapter up until, well, they probably already have 403 too already. (I have this this where I usually prefer reading the manga and then watchign the anime ep of it, eventually.) Although I'm still far behind^^ Haven't read for a few days, after finishing up reading vol. 12. Oh how I've missed this series! Already seen all 6 movies, and still have subs of the 3rd and 4th TV Specials (already seen the first 2).
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:05 pm

The way 402 was scanlated was very yucky... I hope someone else comes out with a better one soon

403 soon, woot~
Kawaiikneko

Postby Myoti » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:14 pm

Poor Sanji, though. What did Kalifa DO to him? >.>
Myoti

Postby Tommy » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:10 pm

Finally, I got some good scans.

Time to FINALLY read Chapter 398.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Myoti » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:08 pm

Hmm... so Fukurou ISN'T down.
Dang, though, fighting on the waterfall? Just plain AWESOME.

Can't wait now to see how this ends (especially since both claim they beat each other in one move... hm...).

Now to quote some of the best lines yet...

Franky: My bullets are special "Chaser Bullets"!
Chopper: Wow! I didn't even know those existed!
*Franky chases Fukurou*
Chopper: WHAAA??!

XD
Myoti

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:35 pm

Myoti wrote:especially since both claim they beat each other in one move... hm...

Hopefully that means it will end quickly, because in all honesty I'm eager to get on to some of the other fights. But I think Fukurou mostly said he thought of a way to beat him, not necessarily that he'd do it in one move.
uc pseudonym

Postby Myoti » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:01 pm

Ah, true.

I don't mind this fight really (it's been quite funny, actually), but yes, I would also like to see what else is going on.

And good grief. Kumadori won't stay down! XD
Myoti

Postby Tommy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:05 am

Myoti, what is your source fro the manga?

If so, which chapter are you on?
I`m still waiting for 405 to be translated.
Tommy

Postby Myoti » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:04 pm

405, I believe. It's on the AP Forums (check the manga section).
Myoti

Postby Myoti » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:13 pm

Oda's sick! Oh noes!

Hopefully he'll be back in action soon... :(
Myoti

Postby Myoti » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:03 pm

Triple post. Yay...

One CP9er down.

And the current "team-up" appears rather... interesting (Soge-sword! XD ).
Myoti

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:29 pm

I wish that Oda would do more with the various numbered keys. Actual strategy is good. Meanwhile, this is pretty standard One Piece.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tommy » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:37 pm

This stinks.

I can`t find a way to read 405 and 406 is up now.
Tommy

Postby Myoti » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:11 pm

Aren't you using Arlong Park, Tom? You should have found it there. :p

I wish that Oda would do more with the various numbered keys. Actual strategy is good. Meanwhile, this is pretty standard One Piece.

There probably is, we just haven't really seen it yet. So far, only one key has technically been obtained (Fukurou's, as Franky just beat him [for good, this time]), and we're not even sure which this is.

Meanwhile, we have Chopper trying to collect the keys/help the others, but he currently seems to be in quite a predicament as Kumadori now shreds his furry hide. We're going to be seeing some big Chopper development, I feel.
Just look:
Chopper hit Kumadori TWICE with his strongest attack AND slammed him into a fridge. Chopper struck him again later (with a lesser attack) and did nothing, and Chopper's own Guard Point was nearly broken from Kumadori's assault.
I'm interested in seeing how this situation goes.

I think something I like about all this is that while it does feel like a standard line-up, there's still some stuff we don't know, and it has been jumping around quite a bit, which keeps things interesting. Look at the starting match-ups:
-Franky vs. Fukurou
-Nami vs. Kumadori
-Zoro vs. Kaku
-Sogeking vs. Jyabura
-Sanji vs. Kalifa

Of course, things didn't stay that way for long:
-Nami is saved by Chopper, who eventually takes on Kumadori
-Sanji is "beaten" by Kalifa, so now Nami takes on the girl (still wondering if Sanji will do anything else now)
-Zoro and Sogeking are forced to team-up (I'm wondering how/IF this "Sogesword" deal will work-out XD )

Right after that, Chopper temporarily helps out Franky before they break off into their own fights.

Some of these battles still seem a bit up for grabs. Who will actually be striking the most in the Kaku/Jyabura fight? Will Robin fight in the end?

I have a feeling that we'll continue to jump between the Kaku/Jyabura fight and the other Strawhats, eventually coming back to see how Zoro and Usopp finish things. Personally, I want to see Kaku and Jyabura get handcuffed together (despite their DF abilities, they could still put up a bit of a fight), at least before Zoro and Usopp are set free (if they are during their fight).

EDIT [gathering thoughts...]:
Five keys:
Fukurou just lost his to Franky.
Kaku and Jyabura each have one, but we know that they're not the #2 key (the one to Zoro and Usopp's cuffs).
Kalifa has one.
Kumadori has one.
Myoti

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:33 pm

Yes, I was focused primarily on the quest to get keys, not their actual presence. Now, if the keys had more uses (like a few more seastone handcuffs or some doors) things could get even more complicated.
uc pseudonym

Postby Myoti » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:58 pm

Indeed. Hopefully we'll see things going that way soon.

(There was something else I planned on mentioning, but it's escaped me at the moment...)
Myoti

Postby Myoti » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:32 pm

3 Rumble Balls + Chopper = Oh. Dear. Oda. o_o
Myoti

Postby Tommy » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:57 am

Well, I`ve given up on One Piece. The plot is lacking, the characters are lame, the story is just melting away and it`s becoming too slow paced. This arc will end in like 3 years and we`ll be sitting here watching fights our whole life.

XD XD XD

No seriously, I still can`t find scans for Chapter 405 and it`s driving me BONKERS!

EDIT: Yes, I was kidding.
Tommy

Postby Myoti » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:28 pm

Kumadori is down (I forgot, Nami stole his key earlier), Monster Chopper just knocked away Franky and is now climbing the tower, a la "King Kong."

Kalifa's Bubble Bubble Fruit is rather interesting. And yes, Luffy catches up (though we won't be seeing much till the other fights are through, I would think)!

Three keys remaining...
Myoti

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:15 pm

Monster Chopper was interesting. Also, I can see how it would appear scary, unlike most of the things in One Piece that are meant to be so. Something about how he looms...

So, we currently have two fights going on, Nami's and the 2v2 one. Or am I forgetting something? Regardless, I agree - we're not going to see Luffy's fight (or at least not the end of it) until everything else has gone down. Because it always goes that way.
uc pseudonym

Postby Myoti » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:02 pm

Yeah, pretty much. Nami's should be finished in the next chapter or two, and Usopp and Zoro's could go on for awhile.

I kind of wonder what Sanji and Franky will be up to, though. Was Franky taken by Chopper for some reason, or will he try to do something to stop him? Is Sanji going to get up and do something?
Myoti

Postby Tommy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:51 pm

Myoti, I have put off One Piece for awhile.

Can you give me a good summary or find one of the current arc?
I can`t remember what the keys are for or anything and what the villain`s intentions are.

I`ll probably reread Water 7.
Tommy

Postby Myoti » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:57 pm

Okay, do you want a summary of all of Water 7, or just the latest part? O_o
Myoti

Postby Tommy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:05 pm

Water 7 and Enies Lobby.
Tommy

Postby Myoti » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:31 pm

Okay, here goes... (though some parts might be out of order...) *clears throat*

After leaving Skypiea (with their massive amounts of newly-gained gold), the Strawhats find a giant toad trying to stop a train moving on the sea. After meeting Kokoro and Chimney (forgot the bunny-cat's name), they learn about the "Puffing Tom" and how it moves between three islands, Water 7, Enies Lobby, and... something else that I forgot...

So, the Strawhats reach Water 7, and Nami, Luffy, and Usopp set off to trade their gold in for Berries and find a way to repair their ship. At the shipyard, they run into Kaku, Iceburg, Kalifa, and the Galley-La. Kaku sets off to check on Going Merry for them.

Meanwhile, Zoro is attacked my the Franky Family dismantlers (who he takes care off rarely easily). Kaku later shows up, which Zoro at first mistakes for Usopp.

Elsewhere, Sanji is looking for ingredients while Robin and Chopper shop for their own things. When Chopper goes off on his own, Robin runs into a masked person saying "CP9", and, showing fear, leaves with this person.

When Kaku returns to Galley-La, he informs everyone that Going Merry can't be fixed, as the frame (I think...) is broken, meaning it would have to be rebuilt completely. While everyone talks, Usopp and the 200 million (was it that much?) Berries are taken.

The Strawhats find a beat-up Usopp in the streets and learn it was the Franky Family who did this.

At the Franky House, Franky and the Square Sisters leave with the stolen money for some unknown purpose. Soon, however, a group of very ticked-off Strawhats (Luffy, Sanji, Zoro, and Chopper) show up and basically beat the crap out of everyone inside.

Of course, this leads to more problems. When Franky returns, he decides to get vengeance and runs off to face Luffy at Galley-La. There, the two battle until Galley-La (Paulie, Lulu, Lucci, and... Tilestone, was it?) tries to break up their fight.
Eventually (sometime after performing "Coup de Vent") Franky leaves.

When Usopp comes to, he learns that the crew has decided to get rid of Going Merry and find another ship. Usopp won't take this and, after some arguing, decides to quit the group and battle Luffy for the ship.

Meanwhile, at Blueno's bar, Franky refills his cola and buuys drinks for everyone (can't remember if there was something else important here... I believe it was the Franky flashback, but I'll get to that later).

That night, Luffy and Usopp battle. Usopp comes close to victory, but in the end, Luffy manages to defeat the sniper, though isn't the least bit happy in doing so. The crew takes their things and leaves Usopp and Going Merry behind.

Eventually, it's reported that there was an attempted assassination on the mayor of Water 7, Iceburg. The culprit: Nico Robin.

[Bunch of stuff happens at the Galley-La building that I can't really remember, and the Galley-La sits in front of Iceburg's room the whole time.]

The Strawhats show up at Galley-La (can't remember exactly what was going on...), and find the building is being attacked by several masked people. Luffy runs into Paulie (who was told by Iceburg to get the Weapon plans), and the two are attacked and defeated by two of the masked men. As they lay there, Luffy eventually gets out, promising Paulie he'll help Iceburg (something like that).

Nami, Chopper, Zoro, Luffy, and Paulie eventually reach Iceburg's room, where they find him surrouned by Robin and four of the masked people, who reveal themselves to be Blueno, Lucci, Kalifa, and Kaku. Big fight, Six Forms shown, Robin escapes, Lucci's DF power shown, Luffy and Zoro sent flying, Chopper saves Iceburg and Paulie.

Must go now. I'll work on this later (unless someone else is willing to help).
Myoti

Postby Tommy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:35 pm

Thanks Myoti.

That was really helpful thusfar.
Tommy

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews