Review Requests//Database updates

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:50 am

rocklobster wrote:Yeah, but doesn't the "Y" mean "Young Readers"? not yaoi?

Abbreviated, like "H". Cause they DO have their own Yaoi line.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Joshua Christopher » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:59 pm

Loveless has lots of shounen-ai, and some shoujo-ai as well. I guess they thought they were balancing it out?

I hear the series is actually good, but I have no real intention to watch a bunch of pretty boys with cat ears being all surreal and talk-fighting.
Joshua Christopher

Postby rocklobster » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:39 pm

I agree. Even if the art is cute.
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:19 am

Could someone PM me if they've started Beck yet with their thoughts on it? I'd like to review it for this site, but I haven't even started the manga yet, (I've only read a preview) and I know you guys like reviews of all the volumes. When I do, I know that'll take a while. According to Tokyopop, there's 19 in all!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Pepper Kittie » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:48 pm

Mmmm, I know I've got Pita Ten, but what about Clamp School Detectives and Man of Many Faces? I think they're both out of print... but they're still floating around, and I'd like to do reviews on them ^__^ Some stores still sell them, and many online. Maybe others will find them somewhere and wonder. Though they're too kiddy to have much to worry about in the first place XD I love little clamp mangas. *reads them in a sofa with cocoa* I'm such a little kid. But may I review the both of them?
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
~John 10:10

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby Ashley » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:59 am

But may I review the both of them?

As long as you've got the completed series, then by all means go ahead. If you don't, PM me and we'll discuss it.
Ashley

Postby Kisa » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:31 am

They DO have a line of yayoi manga, but the Y on the back means youth not yayoi, lol
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby rocklobster » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:57 pm

Are there sites where you can read translated manga in full?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Rogie » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:56 pm

rocklobster wrote:Are there sites where you can read translated manga in full?

I'm thinking that if anyone is to suggest any sites like this, that it will be pointing to scanlations, which are like fansubs, which we would rather not post links to in the public boards. PMs of such things are allowed.

However, Del Rey has a really nice feature on their site that allows you to preview the first 30 or so pages of volume one of a new manga series. It's how I discovered School Rumble recently. It's not a full version, but it's a nice preview before you visit the bookstore. Finding the link is rather difficult, however, so here's a link to page 1 of School Rumble, and you can see the links to other manga off to the side.

http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/manga/schoolrumble/page_1_of_30.html
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:57 pm

Tokyopop allows you to read one chapter at a time online of their in-house manga, like Dramacon or Sea Princess Azuri (which I recommend). http://www.tokyopop.com
Ashley

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:40 pm

Though recently they have become terribly late in their updates...

In any case, they've changed their policy. Now you can read the first three chapters of any manga listed after following Ashley's link. Considering most of these are their original properties, that's generally about half a volume. Quite a bit of manga, overall.
uc pseudonym

Postby MomoAdachi » Fri May 05, 2006 5:48 pm

I request a review of "The World Exists For Me" by Chihou Saito and Be-Papas. After reading the first volume, I thought it wasn't too, TOO bad, but after reading the second...eek! I can't believe such a disturbing manga got only a 13+ rating when it so deserves at least a 16+. Nothing is really all that graphic, I guess that's how they get away with it. It's such a shame because I really do love Saito-san's artistic style. I felt really angry with Kunihiko Ikuhara, one of the co-creators, after reading. I would write the review myself, but, for memory's sake, that would mean I'd have to read the thing over again.
Non-Christian Anti-Hentai Grrl
#1 Dubbed Sailor Moon Fan!
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Postby Kisa » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:09 pm

I was wondering If I could request to do some reviews that I have been wanting to do once I get time (all are scanlations btw):
lunar childhoods end
manga mitana koi shitai
gaaru reiji
anti gravity boy
sora sora
boys kingdom
snow in the dark
petite princess yucie
penguin bros (if not already done)

And I would also like to remove my request to do Chikyuu Misaki, I have decided not to do it afterall due to the fact that there was some things it in which made me return the first volume and not want to keep reading it despite the story and the art that I liked. Feel free to PM me if anyone has questions about it...
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:35 pm

I would like to request reviews for some of the following mangas:
Getbackers
20th Century Boys
Monster
Yu Yu Hakusho
Hunter x Hunter
Yakitate Japan!
Saiyuki
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Flame of Recca
Prince of Tennis
Hajime no Ippo

thank you.
jon_jinn

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:25 pm

Hmm...how do you make reviews then? I submitted a few, but they were never put on.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:49 am

you have to wait a while before they put the reviews up. my black cat review took about three months before they put it on.
jon_jinn

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:55 pm

If you want to check on the status of your reviews, I can do that. Just tell me what manga they covered and I'll look them over. Chances are that it is simply that no one has gotten to them yet.
uc pseudonym

Postby Ashley » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:12 am

Yes, if your review is in the wings chances are I just haven't gotten to it yet. I hate making excuses, but this was a really rough semester for me (time-wise) and I've had a lot going on ever since summer let out (weddings, graduations, colds, job hunting, etc.) so please forgive my tardiness in approval. I hope to clear it up soon!
Ashley

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:15 pm

I'd like to see reviews for Gunslinger Girl (both versions) and Land of the Blindfolded

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:41 pm

I was wondering if it would be alright for me to write up a review of the Sailor V manga. I'm mostly asking because the manga is only availiable via scanlations, and I was wondering if the rules about scanlated manga reviews were still in effect (as in, only reviews on licensed series are allowed). I would hate to waste my time and everyone elses' writing up a review like that if there are rules in place. XD; So anyways, are scanlated reviews allowed, and if so, may I write a review of Codename: Sailor V?
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:55 pm

The first post addresses that issue, but I can see how it might require elaboration:
Only completed reviews will be accepted. If the series is licensed, the review must be based on the official licensed material. Only when a series is unlicensed may it be based on scanlations

If the Sailor V manga is complete but not licensed, then you may review it.
uc pseudonym

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:00 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:The first post addresses that issue, but I can see how it might require elaboration:

If the Sailor V manga is complete but not licensed, then you may review it.

Ah, ok! Thanks for answering my question, and I'll get that review in sometime this week. :thumb:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Animus Seed » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:12 pm

I'll second the Angel Sanctuary review. Evangelion has one in the anime section. I'm curious as to why Angel Sanctuary has its "do not discuss" status, having never read it.
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:02 pm

Animus Seed wrote:I'll second the Angel Sanctuary review. Evangelion has one in the anime section. I'm curious as to why Angel Sanctuary has its "do not discuss" status, having never read it.

To put it plain and simple, the biggest highlight flaws of it, is the incest, shounen-ai (and I guess, in a sense, shoujo-ai too) and of course, the contrary storyline along the liens of "God died and the angels are actually the evil ones, picking on the demons". I watched 2 out of the 3 part OVA a long time back since I didn't know what it was about (confusing enough) but from that and after reading a coupel summaries, was what I got out of it for beign objectional... Don't quote me 100% on that though^^

Would be nice for a review on it, so then others can be educated on just WHY it is bad... I think a while back I saw UC commenting that he was reading it in the Manga forum, and since mods are usually the ones who make the reviews for DND topics... ^shrugs* ^^
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:50 pm

I have read all of the manga, actually. I suppose I might even be able to do a review, though it has been some time and I was reading pretty quickly. But as for objectionable content, Tenshi no Ai summarized it well enough. It was on the list because the "God is a feelingless machine that cruelly perpetuates the experiment of Earth" storyline has caused numerous arguments.
uc pseudonym

Postby Animus Seed » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:38 pm

Thanks, both of you.
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby rocklobster » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:42 am

Actually, I think ALL the DND titles should be reviewed.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:57 am

That is difficult because, due to the nature of the titles, the administration wants only forum staff or certain members to write reviews for any item on the DND list. All of us have our own lives and may not feel particularly motivated to review a series that we probably didn't like in the first place and has been the source of arguments in the past. However, that is not to say that those titles will not be reviewed, that will simply be done when it is plausible.
uc pseudonym

Postby rocklobster » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:53 pm

Well, you could at least post links to info on them.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:11 pm

I (speaking for myself, not the entire staff) don't feel that is necessary. It isn't as though we have reviews or links for every single anime that has ever existed. The DND titles are different from most only in that they are on the list. But remember that it is not the List of Anime That Will Send You Straight to Hell, but the Do Not Discuss List. We are not necessarily condemning the content, only saying that due to past arguments we now forbid discussion of them on the forums.

Thus, users can use the internet (wonderful tool, that) to find out about titles, or simply ask others in circumstances such as this.
uc pseudonym

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews