Project Mejika

Projects or project ideas in the works

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:04 pm

CR i love your character!!
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Katrina » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:08 pm

Here was the one design I had. Feel free to use or reject her, since technically I'm not in the "character design" group. ^_^;; My drawing isn't good enough for that.

Image:
http://originalcharacters.com/koise.jpg

Name: Koise (pronounced like the "choice" but with a "k" sound.)

Profile: Koise has a nonchalant attitude towards most things, the only exception being children. On her homeplanet, children are born out of flowers and a select few have the ability to sense the child's movements and needs. (Koise happens to be one of these few.) When she comes to earth, she discovers she can also sense unborn humans as well. She runs into conflict when she congratulates one girl who is pregnant, and the conflict increases when she learns what abortion is. The other aliens at school feel sympathy towards her. She is relatively popular, even when she's at odds with others' opinions.
Katrina

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:18 pm

here is my character. :p

her name is Genevieve, but everyone just calls her "V".

tee hee.

she has feathers for hair. just so ya know. XD
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby rii namuras » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:23 pm

(Meeting? Where? I was at youth group, but I didn't even know we were having one now. Oh, wait, it was on Yahoo, right? Nevermind then.)
rii namuras

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:15 pm

colored version!!

ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:10 am

Hooley Dooley, we do have some good variety! Great job peeps.
I'm quite busy today and tomorrow, so I'll finish mine and post it (my) Thursday. Sorry I'm behind.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Doe Johnson » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:27 pm

Hey everyone! I've started creating pages about Mejika on my personal site, but I've only finished two so far - information from the meetings.

Meeting 1
Meeting 2

If you notice any mistakes or think I need to add anything, please tell me!
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Project Mejika

Postby realdeal » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:58 pm

Cool! I hope you succeed and actually make the film. I had an idea for an anime short film that I came up with back in 2004 and in mid 2005, I started production. I had to give it up because 1: I had one more semester of junior college that I had to concentrate on - and - 2: I could not find anyone that wanted to perticipate with the film. Anyway, best of luck and God bless.

Truth Soldiers - A Fred Keel Anime
Click here to view the original website and see what my Anime could have been!
For more info on realdeal, visit his website at
Real Deal, Inc.net

"Never allow Sin to reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires." -Romans 6:12
realdeal

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:27 pm

It probably would have been a good idea to announce the meeting in this thread. I couldn't have made it, but in the future it would be helpful to know. In general I won't have many thoughts about character designs, but I do have some random ideas.

Does this school have uniforms? Because Corean's outfit looks cool. I do have to note that her name is essentially the same as "Korean."

Doe Johnson wrote:Hey everyone! I've started creating pages about Mejika on my personal site, but I've only finished two so far - information from the meetings.

I like this. It is very organized and could conceivably be very useful in the future. With characters we have the potential for a story, at least.

realdeal wrote:Anyway, best of luck and God bless.

It is appreciated. God bless you as well.
uc pseudonym

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:52 pm

Ok.. NEXT MEETING NEXT MONDAY (and Every Monday) AT 9 EST!!!! (sorry, UPC I thought it was clear that the meeting was that time...we won't make that mistake again)

And If needed we can have school uniforms (that is a uniform) and if a male uniform is neededwe can design it (but lets not make it purple...maybe...a dark greyish blue or black..would be cool.. OOH what if the colors were reversed!!!)
and of course..NO SKIRTS! XD (that was joke..)

As for Corean's name I named her this for 2 reasons:
1. Doe came up with a name, "Coreanshea" But I thought it was a bit long so I shortened it.
2. I like the sound of Korean..but I don't want her associated with a country..so I changed the K to C. I hope that was ok!
2.5 the ending has an extra OOMPH to it.. so it can be pronounced Corey-Anne too)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:20 pm

Being from the Land Down Under (your) Monday night doesn't suit me at all (Tuesday mid-day here then). But I should be able to gather all the info I need from Doe's write-ups. Thanks mate!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:07 am

There could be more than one color of uniform; some school districts have opted for that to give students a certain degree of variety while keeping organization. In any case, I agree that the male uniforms would probably not be purple.

ChristianRonin wrote:2. I like the sound of Korean..but I don't want her associated with a country..so I changed the K to C. I hope that was ok!

Don't get me wrong, that was definitely a good idea. Even with a "C" I can't help but think of Korea. I'd support having our voice actors pronounce it "Corey-Ann" to cut down on this association.
uc pseudonym

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:26 pm

[quote="uc pseudonym"]There could be more than one color of uniform]

OK! I have this contest thingy tmw..so while I am gone I will draw a random male and put on some sort of uniform for that..^_^

(of course anyone who wants to submit a uniform for the male can! :thumb: )

GREAT! Thanks, UPC! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby chibiphonebooth » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:34 pm

so the girls need uniforms too?

please no pink or purple. i will jump off a bridge if we do pink or purple. x_x

i hate those colors. XD
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby starwarsboy90 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:44 pm

Then how about green and white then, or something not too girly.
starwarsboy90

Postby chibiphonebooth » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:50 pm

or YELLOWWW!!! :D

yellow and BLUE!!!! :D

or yellow and GREEEEEEN.
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Doe Johnson » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:47 pm

All right. I got more of the pages done. The first page is usually in a frame linked to from my main page, so it will look a little different than the rest. I just don't care to add lots of color and design to pages that are meant to be informative.

http://www.geocities.com/arphage/info.htm

Tell me if I messed up anywhere, I've already found at least one incorrect link. I plan on taking out a bit of the information on the first post of this thread and just adding a link to the page where the information can be found. So until I check more to make sure I didn't forget anything, I'm just going to leave the post as is.

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams

I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby rii namuras » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:53 pm

(We need uniforms, then? I agree with UC that they can be different colors. As for design, I really like Corean's. That would work for girls, I think. Regardless, I'll try my hand at both.)

(After ::ahem:: I finish memorizing my Open Interpetation.)

(I won't make it to the meeting, since I have Youth Group, but I'll read the write ups.)

(My designs should be up before then, however.)
rii namuras

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:19 pm

Doe and I are talking about changing the meeting time guys, We will keep you posted however! :thumb: right now it's looking like Saturday afternoon would be a better time..
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby chibiphonebooth » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:19 pm

Voila! thats her full self.

her favorite color is yellow/orange. she LOVES warm colors. and her skin is like.. orangy. yeah.
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:21 pm

I haven't drawn in ages, so this took me longer than it normally would. I'm improving little by little.
I didn't have anything in mind apart from my character being a Christian alien and being blue. (No reference used) I just started drawing and here is my (alien) result:[/B]

Name:
Quail

Height: 6 foot 5 inch (my height)
Weight: 79 kg
Personality: Fun loving but a deep thinker, is easily troubled in times of stress
Abilities: A good fighter if needed, can fly short distances, can camoflague himself

Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby starwarsboy90 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:05 am

Awesome W4J!
starwarsboy90

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:43 pm

ree namuras wrote:We need uniforms, then?

Not necessarily. I just mentioned the idea and everyone has taken it for granted.
uc pseudonym

Postby Doe Johnson » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:56 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Not necessarily. I just mentioned the idea and everyone has taken it for granted.

We had also discussed it in the meeting, which probably helped some to accept it quickly.

Doe Johnson

Postby Rjdreamer » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:03 pm

It looks like Beika is the only one of the three main aliens that isn't bird-related. :sweat: :D

Doe anyone find it ironic that he looks kinda like a cat, and his two friends are bird-like? ;)
(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...

Lee: "I never want to see the tears of an important person again...So, I will never lose again, Gai sensei!"

To do evil that good may come of it is for bunglers.~William Penn

Hiei: "As much as I hate the humans, I think I loathe the tourists even more.

"Everything you say is TEDIOUS!!!"~Sesshoumaru-sama

Never post faster than your guardian angel can read.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer.

I have a Savior and i'm not afraid to use Him!
Rjdreamer

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:29 pm

I think it would seem more organized if they all wore uniforms...also it shows a bit of irony..in my opinion...

here is my ironic idea! WOOT!

Ok uniforms are meant to unify right? Well when the aliens come...and they are "alienated" (pardon my pun) the idea of unification..kind of falls apart right?

thats my irony of the day! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby rocklobster » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:02 am

I just had a thought. You could steal an idea from Disney and adapt some fairy tales like they started out with. After all, those are all public domain. I think a great one would be Hans Christian Andersen's "Little Match Girl."
rocklobster

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:23 pm

While we do appreciate your enthusiam, I think our team is fairly set on the aliens concept.
uc pseudonym

Postby starwarsboy90 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:59 am

Ok, how about blue and white uniforms?
starwarsboy90

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:41 pm

yellow! i want yellow... ;o;

XD
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Previous Next

Return to New Projects and Ideas