Well Why Don't We Just Start Up Our Own Game Company?

Projects or project ideas in the works

Well Why Don't We Just Start Up Our Own Game Company?

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:03 pm

Seriously after looking at this for a while.
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:28 pm

MODS please move this thread over to the Projects board...thanks to you.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby glitch1501 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:33 am

...but....im not going to full sail.....

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby ZiP » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:04 am

I'll help to desgin any game,
i can plot out stuuff (Im fairly good at writing a story).
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Fsiphskilm » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:55 pm

ALL are Welcome to join when I get this up and running. Of course with college ahead of me right now
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:01 pm

Well, I won't ever be attending Full Sail, but I will eventually be taking programming courses. Anyways, if such an idea ever takes off, I might possibly be interested then.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby LorentzForce » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:08 pm

sorry, i'm already working for a non-profit game development organisation. and i'm their founder, so i can't just quit.
LorentzForce

Postby Locke » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:16 pm

awww man!!!!!!

there go my dreams.. V_V

well i still can be a game mag writer eh?
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:22 pm

I'm very curious, Volt, exactly what kind of games do you plan on creating when you get you team together?
Azier the Swordsman

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:47 am

I'll move this to the Projects forum after I post this.

I'd be interested, but I'm afraid we'd end up like most of the other Christian gaming companies out there: small and poor. I don't want to make bad games, and further the illusion that Christian software is all second rate.

I'm much more interested in that anime/manga team you're setting up. Any other info?
uc pseudonym

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:21 pm

Most of all, just have faith...If
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:42 pm

Hmm... sounds interesting. Are you going to any RPG'S? I've had an idea in my head for a six part RPG series for a long time. Not that I would want to come in and take over, no, that's not the way I am. But if this ever takes off, and I am more financially secure in the future than I am now, I may be interested. What I would most be interested in is stuff like brainstorming ideas, or script writing. But I would take whatever I can get.

Just curious, are you planning on starting out by everyone on your team in seperate locations communicating via computer before eventually settling down in a specific location, or everyone start the company immediately in a specific location? It also sounds to me like we would have to get part time jobs to support ourselves in the beggining? I know nothing is set in stone yet, but I'm just curious for future reference.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:43 pm

You got it...I plan on setting u
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:11 pm

Well, the first goal I'm going to accomplish is become a Japanese to English translator. This means when I go to college, I will be going to focus on getting a degree. As I go into my career and get some good money built up, I will be taking courses on programming or game development. Full Sail is completely inaccesible to me with the funds I'm making right now, but as I begin making good money, I may strongly consider going there. Once I graduate, I may end up looking for a team to eather join, or I may create my own.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:26 am

Hm... I'd be interested in helping with the manga thing, but I don't want to commit to anything until I'm certain I can actually do it, and I won't be wasting my time. More specifically, what are your ideas there?

The only skills I have to contribute: creativity (I say this humbly, but I do have lots of this) and storyboarding.
uc pseudonym

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:33 pm

Who writes the scripts? Everyone together, or will that be assigned to one person?
Azier the Swordsman

Postby ZiP » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:12 pm

scripts as in, like the story line?

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:55 pm

Yes.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby ZiP » Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:45 am

I'm going to be doing that most likly,
I"m going to recruit a few people to help tough.

ZiP

Postby JediSonic » Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:18 pm

Wow, Volt I'll give you one thing -- you certainly do aim high :lol:

What is the company name that you are going to secure anyway?
JediSonic

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:52 pm

Can't release that now...you should
Fsiphskilm

Postby JediSonic » Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:26 pm

I wish everyone understood that :P

I used to go to a programming message board at gamefaqs.com, and every "featured board day" a bunch of people would come in and ask about how they can have their REALLY REALLY AWESOME idea made into a game, and some of them even wanted us programmers to do it for them XD

Anyway, back on topic... I won't be entering college for several years yet, and I don't know what the chances are of me going to a place like Full Sail, but if I DO become a programmer professionally, and you DO make this company, I'll definitely be looking into it :thumb:
JediSonic

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:58 pm

Yea, We'll start out developing for the PSP
Fsiphskilm

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:26 am

Volt wrote:Uhmmm You guys seem to be getting this all wrong...NO COMPANY has one person that sits around and comes up with stories...What makes ya think we all don't have stories of our own...It's not that simple, you can't just come up to companies and say, i have this really great idea and BAM you're the project manager. It doesn't work that way. We all have Ideas, We all have plans...There never was and never will be a person that just sits around and comes up with ideas...No such thing...Fantasy Job

I have no idea about the game industry currently, but I do know for sure that such jobs did once exist. I've read interviews with such people, seen job descriptions, etc. Of course, it isn't like one person does all that (no, it's a larger think tank), nor like that's all they do. As for me, I would love that fantasy job... but actually what I'd really want is to be a part of the group that develops ideas into more workable games/anime.

Question: Do you want to leave the gaming company idea with ZiP, or is that still the focus of this thread? Where might be the proper forum (non-internet use of the word) to discuss the manga idea?
uc pseudonym

Postby ZiP » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:42 am

Look it wont be just one person, it's gonna be quite a few 5-10. I'll take care of it.

ZiP

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:59 pm

Until my manga/animation site goes up this bo
Fsiphskilm

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:29 pm

Considering I have my own ideas and plans for a specific game series created by me, I may lean more towards starting my own company someday. Not that I'm so selfish anyone else on my team wouldn't have ANY say in what gets done with the game, but I'm the kind of guy that prefers having complete control over any project I undertake. I believe in teamwork though, and will always listen to others' ideas.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Fsiphskilm » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:43 am

I know what you mean...Of course with almost
Fsiphskilm

Postby Mave » Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:22 am

interesting...^^

I'm not committing to anything right now, as it is I'm overloaded with life already. I'm concentrating more on manga and may eventually form a manga group. But animation and computer graphic related work is something I will indulge eventually. If I ever contributed to a game production, it'll be mostly character design.

Nevertheless, the point of my post is a little off topic. Is there any website or resource that can tell me what I need to learn or do to get involved in game graphic designing? It'll be useful for your future team members as well.
Mave

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:18 am

To start a company, we'd need lots of money, a large skilled team, and a project that EVERONE can agree on. "What is impossible for man is possible for God" That's all I have to say, but also that God doesn't need to accomplish things the way we think he does. With those two points, that could mean a lot of things... Anyhow... (NO, I'm not back... I'm just an echo... Wanna balloon?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Next

Return to New Projects and Ideas