RPG maker

Projects or project ideas in the works

RPG maker

Postby Pent » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:37 pm

I just got the rpg maker a week ago. It's a great program for those of us who don't know very much coding. :hits_self I just don't wantto learn it. I was thinking we could some how have are games on this site. I have ahuge game I'm working on right now. I was wondering if there where any threads about the rpg maker. If you have any ideas or projects related to the rpg maker you can put them here.
Pent

Postby AZheng » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:08 pm

That does sound very cool.

What exactly can this RPG maker do? I can't say I've ever heard about it before.
AZheng

Postby glitch1501 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:12 pm

that would be a really cool idea,

i had made a game with a older version of rpgmaker, i was kinda far, the game was so detailed, then i lost it in a crash

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:37 am

Well I'm all for "more information" on this one. What exactly is it? What does it do? What kind of files are you referring to?
Mithrandir

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:54 am

I'm all for more information as well, but for that matter: which rpg maker? I can think of several at the moment.
-PSOne game
-Illegal PS2 port
-Software
-Freeware
Do you know which one it is? Or you could just give us the name...
uc pseudonym

Postby Pent » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:46 pm

The rpg maker that I downloaded is rpg maker 2003. It allows you to create very big and detailed games, but it is very easy to learn and make games. It has it's own code, but you don't have to use it if you don't want it. If you do get very good with the code you can make sooooooo many different things. When your making the game you can change everything how ever you want. The verson I downloaded doesn't have an english help file, but it might be out there some where. There are many places to download it on the web, but it can be hard to find because there are a lot of game downloads online that come up when you do searches. You have to make pretty specific searches to find the actual download. I would put some links on here if I knew how...(how do you anyways?). It's really easy to get your games on the web. Thats why I was wondering if we could find a way to put our games on this site. Or make a thread that has descrptions of our games and links to them. Does that answer all your questions?
Pent

Postby madphilb » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:18 pm

Isn't that the one we had a long conversation about how it's illegal? Like, in this thread:

http://www.christiananime.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5345

:D
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Benu » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:13 pm

Yea I was gonna say that it was illegal. It's because of these translation copys it never got translated legaly and sold in the U.S. legaly. So the company never realeased it in the U.S. because of the piracy. Sad so sad. :sniffle:
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby Pent » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:22 pm

Illegal!?...That aint good! Sold you said? I downloaded mine, and it didn't sound like it was illegal. Hmm...You guys sure your alking about the one where you can make rpgs on a computer,or are youtalking about one for a ps2 or something. wait a sec...It says here that this one is copyrighted by the company that I downloaded it from. I'll check out that talk you guys had about it now.
Pent

Postby madphilb » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:06 pm

Linkage? Maybe you got something different, but it sounds like the same thing.
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby JediSonic » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:57 am

My friend used rpgmaker2000, but I like to code my own games, personally.

*continues working bugs out of starsheep's home-made 3D graphics editor*
JediSonic

Postby firestorm » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:16 am

you know, and I'm sorry for bringin this back from the grave but I like this Idea too. Infact there is a freeware one somewhere on a christian site I think that was the one he was talking about, but that had the ability to do 2d not 3d. If anybody can, can you guys somehow Impliment this? or have you already done so? I just want to know if we can do this because that is a cool thing to do. I'm thinking of taking a computer game class from Devry University. I don't know if that place is ligit, but It would be cool if I could see some games here from others or links to other games( I know you goes have that part in the link page). Plus its a way to bring people in so we can talk to them about Christ ya know?
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby rii namuras » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:59 pm

(He's talking about RPG Maker 2000 and 2003. I used them at one point, but they dissapeared... I personally like 2000 better than 2003. I just liked the setup better. Quite honestly, the "upgrades" in 2003 didn't do much for me.)

(I would buy it they translated it. But I kinda can't. I would also buy the Japanese version if I could, but I haven't become fluent in Japanese yet and I don't think it would work with our computer.)
rii namuras

Postby starwarsboy90 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:32 am

" Give Link, give Link!"
starwarsboy90

Return to New Projects and Ideas