Looking for artist to create cover for novel.

Projects or project ideas in the works

Looking for artist to create cover for novel.

Postby Godly Paladin » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:26 pm

I just finished a novel I've been working on for the past few years, and now all I need is a cover before I can send it off for (self) publication. However, I have no drawing skills and am therefore fishing around in the limitless skill pool that is CAA. I've already got a design (or layout, if you prefer) in mind, now all I need is someone to make it a reality.

If you're interested, I'd really appreciate a link to somewhere where I can see your work. Drop me a PM or simply respond here. Thank you!

~Nick
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby rii namuras » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:44 pm

rii namuras

Postby soul alive » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:33 pm

I'd also like to give it a try. Not sure what you want art-wise, but I'm familiar with several traditional media types. You can visit my art corner thread to see some of my art. Best of luck with this.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Maledicte » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:53 pm

My website's in my sig.

Love to hear from ya!
Maledicte

Postby DaughterOfZion » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:56 pm

whats the design you want
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:04 pm

i would LOVE to design something.

my deviant art is in my siggy.

go check it out! it would be awsome if i could draw for you and i would love you foreverrrr..

im really good at drawing animals and people. but i dont mind drawing other things...waht do you have in mind?

:3
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Godly Paladin » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:47 pm

First of all, I want to thank each one of you for expressing interest in this and volunteering! I had been afraid there wouldn’t be any takers at all, but I’m very pleased to be proven wrong. I looked over the links each of you provided, and I found that I liked different aspects of what I saw. Therefore I thought that we might hold auditions, so to speak.

I’m going to relate the layout I’m looking for and the descriptions of the various elements, and I’d like you to come up with design sketches, etcetera, using what I’ve provided as well as your own imagination. You don’t have to spend a bunch of time doing anything super-refined or even a single complete sketch. Right now I’m just looking for ‘conceptuals’, if you will.

One final note: please PM me your results, don’t post them here.

1) So here’s the general layout:

The background should just be some sort of starfield with the various space objects: pinwheel galaxies, clouds, etcetera. Imposed over this as a sort of secondary background, though, are the two flat, emerald green eyes of some sort of mecha. They should be menacing and glaring; they shouldn’t be your standard human-type ovals, either. This is a mechanical being, and therefore should be elongated polygons.

The rest of the picture is composed primarily of two men, profiled and facing each other. On the left is the villain, on the right is the hero. They’re obviously looking each other and should have determined, aggressive expressions as they glare across the page. You should be able to see just their heads and a bit of their shoulders. In between them is another mech, which should be about as tall as the character’s heads.

2) Here’s the description of the hero on the right:

Mid-twenties
Thick, navy blue sweater underneath a lighter blue flight jacket.
Matching flight pants (jumpsuit trousers).
Choppy brown hair w/Japanese-style red headband.
Black, fingerless gloves.
Slightly Asian in race.

This guy is a mercenary, and therefore should have a certain ‘toughness’ about him. Not a baby-face, but he isn’t all slashed up and scarred, either. Should have a relatively clean-cut and composed appearance. Muscular but not an Arnold clone. Average physical structure, probably on the wiry side.

3) Here’s the description of the mech that will be in the center, as described by an excerpt from the book:

[I]“It was approximately 90 feet tall, with proportions and features equivalent to a man in the prime of his life: long-limbed, broad-shouldered, deep in the chest, and thick set in structure. Around its ankles, hips, shoulders, and knees were thick armor assemblies that further exaggerated its characteristics. Set into the back of the machine were two massive engines with wide afterburner flares and combustion release valve, giving the impression of a backpack.

Even its head was human in appearance. Two panels crossed from ear to nose on either side of the machine’s face in the nature of eyes; antennae swept back from the sides of its head like long, elfin ears; and cooling ports in the face were arranged in place of a nose.

But one feature of the machine totally shattered the illusion of humanity: a set of wings, long and graceful, that extended to either side in a breathtakingly huge wingspan. From a distance they resembled the white wings of a gull or an eagle, but up close hundreds of aerodynamic channels and thruster ports were visible, set into the metal framing.

It didn’t look so much like a man as…an angel.

There was one last element to the vision, though, that yet again changed the impression. In either hand of the mechanical creature was a slender yet aggressive-looking weapon. The cold metal frame of the guns narrowed from a wide shoulder braces to skeletal shock absorption modules to ruthlessly soulless muzzles at the front that exuded a constant half-glow, indicative of an incredible energy that idled inside them.

Maybe not an angel. More like a demon.

Or an Angel of Death.â€
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:48 pm

ok i shall try. you just want a quick sketch?
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Godly Paladin » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:54 pm

That would be fine, but you can do whatever quality prototype you want. ^_^
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby soul alive » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:14 pm

Just wondering about a time frame for when you want stuff done. ?
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Godly Paladin » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:29 pm

Oh, I'm not in any particular hurry. I need the completed project relatively soon, like sometime before Christmas. As for the prototypes, just as soon as you can get them done. Does that answer your question?
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby soul alive » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:33 pm

yup. Thanks. Actually, I'm sketching right now. ^_^
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:41 pm

i finished. XD
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Godly Paladin » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:23 am

PM it to me! I'd love to see it! :thumbsup:
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby Godly Paladin » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:56 pm

I've gotten two submissions... Any more?
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby animegirl1 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:47 pm

um yeah id like to try id really like to feel like my art could be used by many people one day ^_^
The Letter from God Dear child, Despite your silence, I have heard your soul weeping. Why have you been so unhappy? Have you forgotten my everlasting love for you? Child, you are mine. Why have you not called my name sooner? If you seek me, I will answer. I am your counselor, ready to instruct you and show you which path to take. When you come to me, I will embrace you and silence all your fears. Just remember that I am here to hold you close and dry your tears. I will always be right beside you. Not only am I your father, but your best friend. Do not be afraid to ask for my mercy and forgiveness. I know that its hard to live on earth, so I understand when you fall down once in awhile, ask me for help, and I will pick you up and carry you. No one loves you more than I do. When you feel alone, remember I am beside you. When you feel helpless, remember I offer myself to you. When you feel lost, remember I will lead you, and when you feel forgotten, remember that you are my child and I will love you unconditionally. It is never too late to come home. I will be here waiting, ready to embrace you. I will leave the light on for you. Forever with you, God

-------------------------------------------------------

i have proudly adopted:dytae jessie88 and edochick ^_^

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
animegirl1

Return to New Projects and Ideas