Review Requests//Database updates

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Ashley » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:43 pm

I just approved it, BigSleepJ. I was very impressed--that was a great review and not too verbose either. Just thorough. ^^ Great job!
Ashley

Postby Myoti » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:43 pm

I saw that "Cowboy Bebop" has been done, but hs anyone volunteered for "Cowboy Bebop: Shooting Star"? I'll be glad to do it, but I need a little time to read it again (only 2 volumes, actually...).
Myoti

Postby Ashley » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:02 pm

I have both of those volumes too, so I was going to do it when I get a lull, but if you think you can get to it first by all means go ahead and submit it. ^^
Ashley

Postby Myoti » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:59 am

Oh, well, I try to get them again if I can. If I take too long on it, you can go ahead with it.
Myoti

Postby edo » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:27 pm

I would like to do a review for Planetes and Megatokyo if it is okay. Unfortuanatly, I might take a month, but when I come back from my trip I plan on reading 7 mangas in 2-3 weeks that are not reviewed yet. These include:
-Tuxedo Gin (almost completly released)
-Maison Ikkou (complete)
-Excel Saga (almost, still being released in Japan possibly)
-X/1999 (no one knows lol)
-Akira (complete)
-Chobits (complete)
-Negima (almost)
-Steel Angel Kurumi (maybe)
**Let me know if these will be of any help to anyone.
-edo
edo

Postby Ashley » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:58 pm

That would be excellent, Edo! I'll put you down for all of them, but if you could get to the completed ones first, that would be best.
Ashley

Postby Arnobius » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:04 pm

I have read Excel Saga as far as it goes. It's still being published in Japan at the rate of one volume every 6 months, so that's why I hadn't submitted a review yet, since Ashley wasn't sure

As for Negima, they are on volume 10 in Japan and counting (I have them all in Japanese)
Arnobius

Postby Ashley » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:43 am

I only put Edo down for the ones completed. After the continuing ones are completed, I will go back to this thread and see who claimed what titles first (providing more than one person submits a review for it). So no worries, I'm going to try to be as fair as possible.
Ashley

Postby bigsleepj » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:51 am

Ashley wrote:I just approved it, BigSleepJ. I was very impressed--that was a great review and not too verbose either. Just thorough. ^^ Great job!

Thank you very much.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Arnobius » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:41 pm

Ashley wrote:I only put Edo down for the ones completed. After the continuing ones are completed, I will go back to this thread and see who claimed what titles first (providing more than one person submits a review for it). So no worries, I'm going to try to be as fair as possible.

Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to make that sound like whining or a complaint :red: , just commenting on Edo's post that ES might be a difficult one to do since it was active.
Arnobius

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:18 pm

Hey I wanted to run by something.

I would like to do a Negima review. There are, however, 6 volumes released in English and there are 8 so far. The rest I have read (partially...not wevery chapter) online...though I know you won't accept that.

Is this still ok though? Since it is pretty far into the series already.
Hitokiri

Postby Ashley » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:05 pm

Hmm, well, I'm afraid I have to decline your offer for a few reaons. #1, if the series is being licensed in English I need to have the reviews based on the published version--that's what people will be buying. #2, Edo had claimed Negima when it was available--most likely I would do what Gypsy does in cases where there are dual reviews--i.e. consult both reviews, and then make a personal decision based on the time entered, as well as the depth and quality of review.

If you want to hold out and wait for the finished product and write it, be my guest. But I can't accept your offer. Sorry. ^^;;
Ashley

Postby Knives » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:12 am

Well, ash already knows this but i am working on a review of Osamu Tezuka's "Lost World" it will be done soon because it is only one volume. :D
Knives

Postby Myoti » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:21 am

I don't think I'll be able to get around to doing the "Shooting Star" review. You can go ahead with it, Ashley.
Myoti

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:09 am

[quote="Ashley"]Hmm, well, I'm afraid I have to decline your offer for a few reaons. #1, if the series is being licensed in English I need to have the reviews based on the published version--that's what people will be buying. #2, Edo had claimed Negima when it was available--most likely I would do what Gypsy does in cases where there are dual reviews--i.e. consult both reviews, and then make a personal decision based on the time entered, as well as the depth and quality of review.

If you want to hold out and wait for the finished product and write it, be my guest. But I can't accept your offer. Sorry. ^^]

Oh ok. That's fine.
Hitokiri

Postby Kisa » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:44 am

just to give you all a heads up, currently working on:
Gatekeepers
Aishiteruze Baby
Zettai Kareshi (Absolute Boyfriend)
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Knives » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:30 pm

KisaTohru wrote:just to give you all a heads up, currently working on:
Gatekeepers
Aishiteruze Baby
Zettai Kareshi (Absolute Boyfriend)

A Gatekeepers review, cool. Ive been wondering about that manga.
Knives

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:14 pm

Yeah, all two volumes of it!!

*cries for Gatekeepers which stupid Tokyopop never EVEN BOUGHT THE REST OFF!!!*
*runs off sobbing*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:31 pm

Actually, I declined the Gatekeepers one since poor Kisa didn't know what the rest of the series would be like, just the 2 volumes published. Sorry! ^^;;
Ashley

Postby Icarus » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:27 pm

If no one has done one, I'd be willing to do a review of Lament of the Lamb.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Ashley » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:53 pm

That's be awesome Icky! I'll put you down.
Ashley

Postby rocklobster » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:12 am

Manga I'd like to see reviewed:
  • Confidential Confessions
  • Astroboy
  • Lone Wolf and Cub
  • Akira
  • Ceres Celestial Legend
  • any Gundam title
  • Berserk
  • Blade of the Immortal

I realize that Berserk and Blade of the Immortal are both ongoing. Is that a problem?
rocklobster

Postby Ashley » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:59 pm

I realize that Berserk and Blade of the Immortal are both ongoing. Is that a problem?

For us, it is. However, our manga database affiliate Manga Necessity (http://www.silver-essence.net/manga) accepts partial reviews so perhaps Kireihana and her team can hook you up there. However, I'll put the other requests down for our list. ^^
Ashley

Postby Debitt » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:56 pm

I've been thinking about doing a review for both Matantei Loki Ragnarok and tactics, but I have questions about both. Tactics hasn't finished yet and I don't know how long it's going to be running, but I've read all the volumes thus far - that would be a no go, correct? (just checking. ^^;;;; )

Another question: if Loki is liscensed in English, would it be okay for me to do a review based on the official Japanese or an official English translation from another country?

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Ashley » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:43 am

I've been thinking about doing a review for both Matantei Loki Ragnarok and tactics, but I have questions about both. Tactics hasn't finished yet and I don't know how long it's going to be running, but I've read all the volumes thus far - that would be a no go, correct? (just checking. ^^;;;; )

Tatics would indeed be a no-go. We're trying to run this database in terms of the long-run ( a well written, thorough, complete review) rather than a "what's hot right now" incomplete one.

Another question: if Loki is liscensed in English, would it be okay for me to do a review based on the official Japanese or an official English translation from another country?

If it's licensed in English (in the united states, 99% of the time) then that's the material I would like you to use, because that's what people will be buying. However, if it is unlicensed here, then you are free to read and write on whatever translation you please--as long as it is complete and (hopefully) accurate.
Ashley

Postby rocklobster » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:06 am

Ashley wrote:For us, it is. However, our manga database affiliate Manga Necessity (http://www.silver-essence.net/manga) accepts partial reviews so perhaps Kireihana and her team can hook you up there. However, I'll put the other requests down for our list. ^^

Okay then. Let's replace them with Ghost in the Shell (the original one) and No Need For Tenchi. I've always wondered if the manga version of Tenchi's as good as the anime.
rocklobster

Postby Ashley » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:28 pm

You got it!
Ashley

Postby Kisa » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:24 am

Just to let y'all know, I plan on doing reviews soon for these titles:
Dream Saga
Candidate for Goddess
Fushigi Yugi
^_^
Kisa

Postby rocklobster » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:14 pm

KisaTohru wrote:Just to let y'all know, I plan on doing reviews soon for these titles:
Dream Saga
Candidate for Goddess
Fushigi Yugi
^_^

I'll be eagerly awaiting Candidate For Goddess and Fushigi Yugi. Don't forget to mention that Candidate For Goddess's manga-ka also created DN Angel and Lagoon Engine . Oh, and I almost forgot. You should mention that Candidate For Goddess was also animated by Production IG as Pilot Candidate .
rocklobster

Postby Kisa » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:28 pm

LOL, Yea I know all about Sugisaki-sensei and her works... trust me ^_^ Candidate for Goddess was her first for me ^^
Kisa

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews